It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonid Ivashov (Head of All-Russian Officers' Assembly) open letter to Putin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I have no opinion on it as 100 other countries have done the same. They made a state language, they didn't outlaw others...

Have you seen the Russian language in the text of this law somewhere?

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

The question is...Is Putin a closet Globalist? I hope not as I genuinely think he is good for Russia. But a War would suit the plan, and it takes two to Tango.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

So I asked you... Do they have the troops there or not? You have not answered me.

I do not know.

But I have no doubt that near a border of an unfriendly state, a certain number of troops should be present.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

USSR... You know what I mean, and you know what Putin said, and you know what Putin did in Crimea.

Don't be so flippant...

Please provide a link to what he said.

And tell us what he did in the Crimea.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

originally posted by: 1947boomer

I’m sure that, as a general, he is talking to other generals and all the junior officers, so this probably represents more than just one man’s opinion. I can certainly believe that a lot of Russian troops might view this as more like a civil war and are not too keen on slaughtering their fellow countrymen.

Turning to the western media will do nothing to de-escalate. The West is not threatening to send troops and tanks into Ukraine, Putin is. Putin is the only one who can decide to do that or not.

This man has been retired for over 20 years.

His "All-Russian Officers' Assembly" is not registered as a legal entity. There is only a website and nothing else.

You too can create a website of the Intergalactic Milk and Meat Production Assembly with your neighbors over a glass of whiskey. And you can write on your website an appeal to the UN Secretary General on behalf of a hundred trillion inhabitants of the five nearest galaxies.

This man's statements are picked up by Russian liberal media and Western media. So this is probably just a point designed to create informational occasions for the Western media.

About de-escalation. Ask the Western media a question: in what speech did Putin threaten Ukraine that he would attack it?

Tanks speak louder than words.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So I asked you... Do they have the troops there or not? You have not answered me.

I do not know.

But I have no doubt that near a border of an unfriendly state, a certain number of troops should be present.

For anyone interested, here is an article from a few weeks ago, shown on Reuters, Fox News, and others, showing satellite images of the troop build up.

video.search.yahoo.com...=1&vid=a8b604c78a8e235cfbed57f7d4d3e6af&ac tion=view

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Have you seen the Russian language in the text of this law somewhere?

Not sure your point? Did they outlaw the use of the Russian language?
edit on 6-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I do not know.

So all your points are barely assumptions as you slam any data that suggests there are troops massing in the area...lol Are you a little bias here?

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I’m sure that, as a general, he is talking to other generals and all the junior officers, so this probably represents more than just one man’s opinion. I can certainly believe that a lot of Russian troops might view this as more like a civil war and are not too keen on slaughtering their fellow countrymen.

Turning to the western media will do nothing to de-escalate. The West is not threatening to send troops and tanks into Ukraine, Putin is. Putin is the only one who can decide to do that or not.

This man has been retired for over 20 years.

His "All-Russian Officers' Assembly" is not registered as a legal entity. There is only a website and nothing else.

You too can create a website of the Intergalactic Milk and Meat Production Assembly with your neighbors over a glass of whiskey. And you can write on your website an appeal to the UN Secretary General on behalf of a hundred trillion inhabitants of the five nearest galaxies.

This man's statements are picked up by Russian liberal media and Western media. So this is probably just a point designed to create informational occasions for the Western media.

About de-escalation. Ask the Western media a question: in what speech did Putin threaten Ukraine that he would attack it?

Tanks speak louder than words.

What are tanks saying, assuming you speak their language?

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I like how Ivashov explains politics to Putin like he's a five year old who hasn't been in charge of a global superpower for 20 years.

so what? the left had done it to trump for 4 yrs.

early onset Alzheimer's? does putin really know he is in charge?

any recent pics of a naked pitin wrestling a polar bear in the wild? no? coz his lady Godiva meme is so yesterday.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

So a Russian writes a letter stating NATO is not pushing for war and your response is NATO should stop pushing for war. Makes sense.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   

This is nothing more than a personal opinion. He has no right to speak on behalf of officers.

If the general really wanted to de-escalate, then with his letter he would turn to the Western media.

Putin hasn't threatened anyone with tanks or anything else.

Those so called escalating forces have been there since 2014.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

There are some indications that reports of an imminent Russian invasion are exaggerated at best. Likewise with the probability of such an invasion escalating to become a third world war. Even the dread specter of nuclear annihilation now lurks in the wings ready to take the stage.

Adopting as broad a view as possible leads me to conclude that the Russian/Ukraine situation is merely another scripted act in an ongoing manipulative performance. And if I were to offer a likely objectiive, I'd guess this particular act closes with a limited nuclear exchange. What better to ensure utter compliance than the horrifying realization of humanity's greatest collective nightmare. And, with the same pre-arramged stroke, additional social malleability is achieved via population reduction, not to mention the resulting mental paralysis of the deeply traumatized survivors..

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

With no increase in numbers?

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Sorry, the the United States is THE world superpower.

Let's get that straight right off.

We certainly used to be. As our military was being defunded, Russia and China super-funded theirs. I hope Biden's actions don't end up giving us a chance to find out who's right and who's wrong.

We've got Canada, Israel and the UK on our side; Russia, China and Iran wouldn't think twice if Biden's stupidity gets us in a war. Compare the power disparity if you dare.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: turretless

"But I have no doubt that near a border of an unfriendly state, a certain number of troops should be present."

What for?

In case Ukraine suddenly decides to invade Russia?!!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChayOphan

An invasion can be orchestrated but I can't see actual nukes going off. When it came out that it was all part of the movie, the public would be unforgiving. Faking a nuclear attack would be possible as a tactical nuke exchange in an isolated area so building the movie sets would not be revealed until much later. Modification of existing test films should convince the public. If earthquake weapons exist, shaking and rumbling should be part of the ruse.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I doubt nukes will be used. During Soviet era Ukraine was "bread basket" to Russia , if Putin needs Ukraine he will not bomb it.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

I doubt nukes will be used. During Soviet era Ukraine was "bread basket" to Russia , if Putin needs Ukraine he will not bomb it.

I agree. Why destroy that which you want? Ukraine is the site of Biden's (and others) transgressions and corruption and Biden seems to be pushing for a conflict to confuse the pubic and disrupt any investigation. This deception will allow the militaries to position themselves for the great awakening, if that is what is happening.
After the USSR/Russia was devasted from WW2 their philosophy of military defense became clear. "Never again" would they be invaded and defense in depth was the byword. Countries on the borders were annexed so any army would have to fight through them before setting foot on Russian soil. The submarine fleet was mainly Kilo class diesel boats that were defensive in nature. Only when it was decided to project power did the USSR build a blue water Navy. Even then, people were dispensable as compartmentalization and damage control on ships was not considered important. Nuclear submarines had little shielding on their reactors and the chances for leukemia among the conscripts were dependent on the distance of their duty stations from the reactor. Things have supposedly improved but the mindset is still there.
Now, it appears that Russsia wants to re-form the old USSR and many blogs are saying so. The people in those countries like what they have better than the oppression that they had under Soviet rule and the abject failings of communism, so this will be a conundrum. Cheap bread and vodka are not great incentives to returning to the previous situation but Putin is a Grandmaster Chess player on the world stage while pretend Biden appears to be a mere Holz Schieber.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Russia hasn't been a superpower in at least 30 years. At best they're now a regional power. They have no ability to project outside their local theater. Their one aircraft carrier is in a constant state of disrepair and in need of a tug boat to get it back to dock.

China is also still a regional power militarily speaking. They may have the largest standing army in the world, but they don't have the capacity to deploy it anywhere outside Asia. They're certainly in their way to being a superpower but they're not there yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join