It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are getting Violated in the Metaverse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Sometimes it feels as though a fake existence is the goal of more than just the Zuckerberg droid.

From education to media and politics, elements of reality have slowly been removed and replaced with false constructs, partially reinforced by all the cancelling and violence meted out to those who dare to see the world with their own eyes.

I've no idea what the plan is for this unreal utopian (dystopian) world is but it is certainly not for the benefit of humanity in general.

edit on 522022 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's cute.

So you haven't experienced nuanced behaviors at all in these past two years.

People changing.

The psychological weight of it on all of our shoulders.

No sir not you. You've been Forrest Gumping it the whole time.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Meta is the sad, or perhaps joyous, depending upon your perspective, demise of Facebook and whatever Zuckerberg is.

I played in a 3D virtual world in the 1980’s. A fantasy realm with all the speed and graphical splendour you might imagine of the time, but interesting. It included headsets and pods to stand in, hand controllers too.

Sucker’s Metaverse is not a long way from it and would seem to be an act of desperation. Someone should tell Zucks it sucks.

Unfortunately this IS the way TPTB wish us to go, so it will be refined and improved until we accept it and move into it, because it is intended to be the place we primarily reside and function - a fledgling matrix if you will.

If they have to burn down Meta, Zucks and his crew along the way, so be it. Anyone with money in Meta should probably pull out soon - your call though. Look for the ones who will really carry the metaverse forward.

As for the OP - remember the early days of the internet? Man that was a seedy and sordid place and you didn’t have to look hard to find it. Same same, but with #ty little avatars.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Sometimes it feels as though a fake existence is the goal of more than just the Zuckerberg droid.

From education to media and politics, elements of reality have slowly been removed and replaced with false constructs, partially reinforced by all the cancelling and violence meted out to those who dare to see the world with their own eyes.

I've no idea what the plan is for this unreal utopian (dystopian) world is but it is certainly not for the benefit of humanity in general.

The end goal is to have humans work all day, come home and spend their money on FAKE stuff that only exists in these places. It’s actually brilliant but very sad for those that fall for it. Unfortunately humans love to escape.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Transhumanism went from a laughable conspiracy to a scary reality at a remarkable speed.

Wife played second life for quite a bit back when we were dating, back then I thought some of what I saw was weird, but meh whatever I can see how it would go from quirky to uncomfortable harassment really quick.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Even worse, it could end up like the Duelling Machine.
A book I read years ago by Ben Bova.
Roughly, it's kind of like a computer game where people can get to fight each other and settle their arguments in a virtual world without any real harm being done.

Somehow, a tech savvy evil villain character gets in to the programme and makes it so that the competitors can actually hurt or even kill each other. The creator then has to try and unravel what's been done before there's too many deaths.

The details are a bit patchy because it's a long time since I read it but I'm sure you get the idea.
Imagine if that technology has advanced to such a degree that it's now feasible and instead of those undesirables who suffer from wrongthink merely getting banned from Facebook, they can be really excised from the world and eliminated in real life.

That may seem a little far fetched for now but maybe that's one of the purposes for the future of this metaverse.

Creepy Zuckerberg tries too hard to be a likeable character but I wouldn't put it past him to have this mentality. A truly murderous revenge of the nerds scenario.

edit on 522022 by Tulpa because: Spilling

I think similar themes were presented in movies like Paprika and Dreamscape but they were more about dreams rather than purely technological.

edit on 522022 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: olaru12

That's cute.

So you haven't experienced nuanced behaviors at all in these past two years.

People changing.

The psychological weight of it on all of our shoulders.

No sir not you. You've been Forrest Gumping it the whole time.

Call me Gumping if it makes you happy. Apparently you need something to make you happy.
I'm busy working on so many projects I don't have time to whine.

iatse.net... Union Proud!!
edit on 5-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I got it now. Meta means Metadata which means for Facebook more money since their income is based on Data. Just last week their stock went down more than any company in history. Why? Because apple deprived them of DATA through their new privacy app and FACEBOOKs income collapsed.

So that's the deal here folks likely, not any facebook new technology it's a new codeword for more data=more add income=more profits off your behind

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

It's for the benefit of their income. Metaverse = metadate=metaincome= a lot of money beyond profits

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
When I first read of this, I thought about that movie gamer and how the main characters wife avatar was controlled by others in the game to perform sexual acts.

Darn we should pay more attention to some movies they really tell of what the future will look like, and it ends very close to the truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   

but then we have to think about the very scary side. The kids.

Long story short they don't care about the kids.

Having 3 teenage kids (boys and girls) I hear all the scary things that some of there classmates have done. From the stories of things that have happened to their classmates it appears that its very normal especially for underage girls to be sending nudes nowadays. Especially with snapchat as many falsely believe the pictures aren't stored.

Yet the MSM and Big Tech don't even list it as a concern or even bring focus to the fact that there are a bunch of MSM social media servers and cloud services out there, that are physically hosting pictures of underage kids on their servers. Yet nothing , no fbi stings, no blocking of features , etc.

That fact just adds more credibility to the thinking the people at the top running the show in both gov't and private industries especially tech are rampant pedos.
edit on 48228America/ChicagoSat, 05 Feb 2022 22:48:28 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Its more for the average person than might seen at first glance. $299 and an interenet connection is all you need. That oculus device is Facebook owned and doesn't require a video card, its called the oculus quest 2, it's standalone VR that you CAN hook up to PCVR but is standalone and doesn't require a computer. It costs $299, Facebook owns oculus and has for a while and has also decidedly changed Oculus name to Meta, I just don't think the name change has taken affect yet

there's a number of oculus products, not all of them are standalone, but the most recent oculus product is a standalone VR, Facebook made the entry level VR space very attainable as it's just $299. It's actually a very decent headset. It's obviously way better when paired with a gaming computer, but there's a surprising amount of standalone titles that work really well,.including the meta waves such as VRChat and Horizons.

but yes just for clarification if it wasn't known, Facebook owns oculus, the standalone oculus quest 2 doesn't need a gaming computer and only costs $299 and also oculus names been changed to meta but i don't believe it's been implemented yet, but I do believe the date is set for the name change to be implemented.

I'm not interested in meta but there's definitely some decent VR games, like Halflife Alyx, but screw Facebook/meta. I think they're evil and whatever their intentions are it's definitely not driven by the same sort of steam that valve was driven by when producing halflife alyx. Facebook is gross. 😛
edit on 5-2-2022 by Acknt because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2022 by Acknt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

This Metaverse is almost certainly cheesy and cringe-inducing by design. When persistent pressure is applied to participate in this (or comparable) digital reality, users will grow frustrated with the needlessly inferior experience. This will lead to a tsunami of complaints and a stampede of departing users.

Metaverse overseers will then respond to the overwhelming criticism by providing users themselves nearly unlimited freedom to modify the product as desired, drastically enhancing user experience in the process. This capability will prove immensely popular resulting in a vast influx of digital immigrants to this new synthetic reality.

And thus a timeless operational standard continues unabated - we hapless cattle dutifully improve both form and function of our own corral.
edit on 6-2-2022 by ChayOphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Just arm the ‘victims’ with virtual weaponry.
Knives and hatchets and such. Then instead of losing your hands just make the avatar really slow for a few seconds.

Virtually slay the perp.

Have a virtual parade and award ceremony to commemorate the occasion.

Have the perp sent a reminder video of their brutal slaying annually on the date of their offence.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
My avatar is my second life character.

I think I see someone in the fog creeping up behind you.....

RUN!

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
No doubt this happened.

Even in digital combat simulator you can't avoid being harassed. GTA role play.. Creative stuff sometimes, I give them that.

It's annoying, like a vuvuzela going off in the background in irregular periods.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ready Player One describes the outcome of all of this. Reality is so bad that people live in the alternate reality. The book was made into a movie.

Ready Player One: A Novel Paperback – June 5, 2012
by Ernest Cline

top topics

<< 1   >>

join