It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are getting Violated in the Metaverse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Have Mercy!

You can't make this stuff up!

Here

Facebook saw this coming, to an extent, instituting “hand harassment” measures from the outset, in which “an avatar’s hands would disappear if they encroached upon someone’s personal space.” But considering the rampant nature of sexual harassment online, perhaps they should have foreseen how bad the problem would be. Considering that the founder’s first venture was a hot-or-not website for college students, perhaps it’s not surprising that they didn’t.

I don't know if you guys are keeping up with the news on the Meta but it's been bad..................Really BAD!
A mom got on the metaverse and within minutes she was sexually violated.......yes in the metaverse.
We can laugh, and I did, but then we have to think about the very scary side. The kids.

I also find it a little disturbing that all they are doing to people is chopping their hands off if they "encroach".
If you have a virtual molestor, why allow those people to continue? Well here's my guess, there are too many of them and they don't want
to wipe out a huge part of their player base right now.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

nypost.com...

Mother opens up about being ‘virtually gang raped’ in metaverse

“Within 60 seconds of joining — I was verbally and sexually harassed — 3-4 male avatars, with male voices, essentially, but virtually gang raped my avatar and took photos — as I tried to get away they yelled — ‘don’t pretend you didn’t love it’ and ‘go rub yourself off to the photo,’” Nina Jane Patel, 43, recalled in a Medium post recounting the “nightmare” she experienced as a beta tester on the VR platform Horizon Worlds, created by Meta, the company formerly known as Facebook.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Metaverse is 80, 90s technology. When I heard Zuck talking up this old technology that hasn’t caught on I wondered what his game really is all about.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz
Metaverse is 80, 90s technology. When I heard Zuck talking up this old technology that hasn’t caught on I wondered what his game really is all about.

Yes I remember 94ish a "metaverse"
I remember a ship and people walking around and even a little dance area.
It was interesting and tame, and people looked a little like lego characters.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

3-4 male avatars, with male voices, essentially, but virtually gang raped

Isnt calling them male racist or anti science or something?

They might be gender neutral virtual rapist. And we wouldnt want to offend them

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Second life has been around for years.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I remember World of Warcraft used to love that game lol

So was anyone arrested to fricken funny !

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder
I agree.. this is just second life rebranded and basically stolen

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
All I have to say about that is this ...

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is what happens when you volunteer to play with millions of idiots in a virtual zoo. I’m shocked this wasn’t expected.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Dumbass central. My kids will never know the Metaverse.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
This is what happens when you volunteer to play with millions of idiots in a virtual zoo. I’m shocked this wasn’t expected.

I laughed because it is so predictable and sick at the same time.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Honestly, I just thought it was a name change, from Facebook → Meta, I didn't realize it was already a Virtual World where people could go. I mean, I knew it was eventually going to be something weird like that, but didn't realize it already was.....

You'd think people would be able to have some sort of digital social distancing bubble or something, where it wouldn't matter whether or not people had hands because they can't get that close to you.

Also, I assume people still have feet and arms, right? I won't go any further with that thought.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

People are getting Violated in the Metaversevirtual molestor,

I'll play, but anyone trying to virtually molest me, I'll punchem right in their file transfer protocol and twist their Algorithms until they cry.

edit on 5-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My avatar is my second life character.

edit on 5-2-2022 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

The timing of the Metaverse can not be a coincidence.

They robbed most of us of basic human interactions the past couple of years and now they want to sell you a fake reality where it's still 2019 and nobody cares about real life because you can hide in front of a screen plastered to your gd face.

When I was young we were told to sit at least 2 meters away from the television because it was bad for our eyesight.

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

People are getting Violated in the Metaversevirtual molestor,

I'll play, but anyone trying to virtually molest me, I'll punchem right in their file transfer protocol and twist their Algorithms until they cry.

I tried to star this post but when my finger got close to the screen my hand disappeared!

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

They robbed most of us of basic human interactions the past couple of years

Really.... as I sit here in my office, looking out my window on the street; I watch people walking hand in hand, shopping in stores, drinking beer, talking in the outdoor patio of the bar. Yeah, some of the youth are on their phones but most are doing what they were doing in 2010. Real life is still well and good where I live.

No one is forcing anyone to play in the Metaverse. You need to get out more apparently. ATS isn't reality and should be used sparingly for entertainment purposes only imo.

edit on 5-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hello......hello......

This is customer service. You are currently trapped in the metaverse. You need to find the exit portal and get out of the programme before removing your headset.

Have we answered your query in a friendly and courteous manner????

Hello......hello.......

posted on Feb, 5 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yeah, the avatars... Way back in the 90s or 80s, back when AOL and prodigy were big, we were getting the little avatars online and conversing with each other like it was real and cool, but it didn’t last. Many corporations have lost a lot of money in past iterations of metaverse style pc graphics apps.

Is Facebook, or now Meta’s last week’s stock rundown an indication that this thing will crash?

I can’t figure out what Zuck is doing with this. It may be a distraction from all his recent terrible publicity.

Also, one needs some tech trinkets to go full meta like that Occulus device that could run into some big bucks and a powerful video card.

So, is this for the average person?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join