It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did this Dad go too Far?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

No # because they took steps to resolve the issue. It's when they don't and things continue to escalate that they should be sued.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
From the link:

The girl described the man and said he put a knife to her throat, the affidavit said. Multiple witnesses confirmed her
Police also spoke with the teen who reported the incident, who confirmed the father’s story and said he’d grabbed her by the back of her neck and held the knife up close to her throat, according to the affidavit. Witnesses also told police they saw the man put the knife “up to the victim’s throat.”

This is not okay. There's something seriously wrong with someone who would do this.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Teach your kids Krav Maga. Tell them never to hit first. Make them understand that they stop hitting when they stop getting hit.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Adults can't threaten to kill children.
Lock him up for 5 years minimum.

Having said that, bullying serves a purpose and you need to learn to stand up for yourself.
The world is full of bullies.
Primarily the administrative class, who are at the heart of the anti-bullying campaigns.

It's like not allowing a puppy to play fight, then sending it to the dog park to be mauled.
Which IS the goal imo.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think he should have just swept the leg instead.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granitebones
Teach your kids Krav Maga. Tell them never to hit first. Make them understand that they stop hitting when they stop getting hit.

I can get on board with some mma training, but only after mastering their mind and emotions.
Aka....a black belt in sticks n stones
...or they are just a liability and jail bound in a bad conflict management scenario.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
Funny idea but not practical...

If a child receives three complaints of being a bully in a given grade cycle, they have to repeat that same grade next grade cycle.
If held back a second consecutive grade cycle, expel the offender then ship him off to make Nike sneakers in China. Parents pay for room and board!

My brothers would beat me up if I came home crying over being bullied at school, so it took me two years to defeat like eight of them (bully's) in a mono y mono. Entered Jr high with a rep that proceeded me.

Heck, the off duty cop that years ago pulled a gun on kids walking on his lawn on the way to school was too far, but was a physical act.

A proper name and shame on social media might humble the bully's, who knows?
🙏❤

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I understand why he did it, but don't think he should have.
When I was a kid my Pop told me don't start no sh@@, but don't take any sh@@ either. Kick, Bite, Scratch, Claw, Pick up a Stick, Rock, or what ever. After a few times of doing that when or lose bullies will stop messing with you. They don't like being hurt.

You know what, it worked.

But now days, doing that could lead to something more serious. It's a shame some punk ass liable to pull a gun, or some bullied kid go on a shootin spree.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He didn't just threaten the girls bullying his daughter. The article claims multiple witnesses saw him put a knife to one of the girls throat as he made the threat. The Father admitted he had held the pocket knife "6 inches" from the girls throat.

I would say he definitely went too far. I understand his daughter was afraid but they called police on him which is what he should have done instead of getting involved the way he did which is frightening for everyone.

Maybe it will stop the girls from bullying her but imagine now what she will go thru if it's not handled correctly with everyone participating together for a solution. She will forever be labeled as the girl with the crazy Dad and shunned by many, which can be even more damaging than the bullying. I would say NO, he didnt handle it very adult like

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: UpThenDown

No # because they took steps to resolve the issue. It's when they don't and things continue to escalate that they should be sued.

Jaden

Exactly. I am not a litigious person, but if they want you to play “the game” play it.
If you are to follow the rules and report things and they do nothing and your child is constantly being bullied, follow all the proper steps. Document everything, when nothing is done sue. It may save the next kid!

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I guess if you are the good guy you can bully the bully, doesn't make you one?

Educate trough example, and don't complain about the outcome

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
I guess if you are the good guy you can bully the bully, doesn't make you one?

Educate trough example, and don't complain about the outcome

I think a Bully is someone that picks on someone unprovoked.
The dad is protecting, I feel that is different.

I’m not saying I would do what the dad did, but I understand.
Kids are different now too, some are pure evil.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The bully will find a way to feel provoked.

Yes there are many ways to deal with teens, without stepping down to their level.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

The bully will find a way to feel provoked.

Yes there are many ways to deal with teens, without stepping down to their level.

This is an interesting video on school violence. The school suggests conflict resolution. I have to laugh. The fact is that some of these kids need massive reform, like drill sergeant style. The problem is they have not been parented at all. I won’t go as far as saying they are hopeless, because there is always hope, but some of these “kids” are not able to be dealt with in normal manners.

I also don’t think the dad in the story just decided to do what he did one day. There is probably a long sad backstory. For all we know this could have been going on for weeks, months, years.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I find it infuriating that bullies can harass a kid until the kid commits suicide and everyone shakes their heads saying how sad and unnecessary it was and how they wish they had seen signs so they could have done something.

Bullsh1t.

The signs are there. They are always there. We all saw them in school. Kids can be brutal. I would bet my life that the majority of the people who read this were bullied at one time or another. For some it comes and goes. For others, well, they run into the kind of bully that never stops until you stop them.

I have said before and I will say it again now. I am not a violent person by nature. I prefer other means of settling affairs but when it comes down to it, I can be two very different people. If you hurt me, you are taking your chances. Maybe you will meet the me who prefers to find peaceful solutions to life's little problems. Maybe you won't. But if you hurt my family or defenseless people/animals in my presence, you will meet the me who doesn't waste time on explanations that will be lost on cruel evil bastards who only understand violence.

You think you are tough? Kick a puppy around me, torment a small child, hurt my family, and we will see how tough you are. BTW, I am too damn old for the punch me punch you crap. I carry and I am not afraid to end you. Rest assured, when it happens I will be backing up, yelling, "NO! Don't make me! Get back!"

Those will be the last words you hear on this Earth.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'm sure they'll just bully her more. The Dad threat has been neutered.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Too far??

Nope.

The kids in my life, all thankfully in their mid-30's now, my niece was bullied unmercifully for a very short time. Why, you may ask?

Because I went down to the school, talked to the principal, didn't like what I heard, so I very publicly made it known that I would visit exactly what my niece received ten-fold upon her attackers.

The bullying stopped.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The best thing for a bully is to get bullied. I say good on him, I bet they learned their lesson.

XL5

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I was bullied and I think I have figured out why it still happens. First time it happens, you tell a teacher/supervisor, they tell you to tell them when it happens again. As you are getting bullied, you call out for the teacher, you see that they see whats going on and you keep calling. Then you hit back and the teacher found a damn teleporter and now both kids need to apologize and it never works!

Victims are never allowed to fight back. I think schools/teachers allow bullies because they are told to in some sort of teacher hand book or in teacher college. If they allow pecking order it makes the loners and freethinkers that do their own thing feel the need to "fit in" and/or to rely on authority for safety. In the grown up world there is a pull to make self defense illegal (like in the uk) and there are way too many young people who will defend the govt past the point of gas chambers for the noncompliant! I think its a set up

That said, looking back at it all I should have just hit back and kept hitting until every one in the school knew I was not an easy target. That would get around to other kids and follow from grade school to highschool (same kids different schools).

Think about protests and how many angry people there are and many have nothing left to loose, yet no one rams a car into any govt building doors, no one really stands out of the crowd and does something. Bullies breed compliance.

This video is getting hard to find for a reason, sure you ca find the video interviews easy enough, but not the standalone. This kid is my hero!

www.youtube.com... (age restricted for no reason)
www.dailymotion.com... (not age restricted)

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: XL5

I was hoping it was the body slamming kid! The little fella couldn't do anything but stagger around after kissing the concrete.

LOL

<< 1    3 >>

join