It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supply shortages on everything!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: callyrox69

We've no such shortages here in Detroit/Windsor.

Meat quality....has even gotten better. Well stocked...higher prices tho...

Well there's shortages in PLENTY of other US places, including just a few hours south in Indiana/Ohio. It's happening I've never seen anything like it in the USA.

60 miles north of Detroit - the shelfs have plenty of holes with many things just not there - Talking Meijers (Marysville & Port Huron) & and local mom & pops -as bad and trending worse than 2020 for sure.
Are people starving - no - but the pickings are getting slim and pricey.

edit on 1242022 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hopefully seeds will still be available in a few weeks at a decent price. If people from each county,town,city and state grow their own food and provide at a decent price we can get through this.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lemon1234

Hopefully seeds will still be available in a few weeks at a decent price. If people from each county,town,city and state grow their own food and provide at a decent price we can get through this.

I was at Menards a few days ago and they had a huge seed display. Not sure about the prices though...

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So the Windsor Star is wrong?

windsorstar.com... 3babd70aa96d

Charlebois said the vaccine mandate is one of the four factors affecting the supply chain, aside from the Omicron variant, snowstorms and food recalls.

“We import well over $25 billion worth of food from the U.S. every year,” said Charlebois. “Seventy per cent of it goes through the border with truckers. With the vaccine mandate, we just took eight thousand to 16,000 truckers from the system.”

Michelle Wasylyshen, the national spokeswoman for the Retail Council of Canada, said Canadians should have no concern about food availability. When asked if grocery stores face a shortage in food supplies, Wasylyshen said individual items could temporarily be affected by supply chain challenges.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

CSIFMH

(Can't see it from my house)

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Governor Ron DeSantis began re-routing ships to Florida last October. That may be why the eastern states aren't having the problems we, on the west coast, are having.
The selection of products are limited, and unavailable items seem to rotate, which I think is causing a little 'panic buying' by some when the do show up.

It seems quite strange to me that there was no shortage of holiday-oriented items; they were supposed to on the many barges anchored offshore waiting to unload because there's no room left on shore for anymore to be stacked.

As with the shortage of healthcare professionals, teachers, and more-the shortage of truck drives is being blamed on being decimated by covid cases, but most of us are well aware it's due to attrition from not wanting to be part of the long-term study of a fully approved vaccine.

People the world over are marching on their capitols to make their will known, but those in charge are not listening to those the people; instead, they're met with water cannons, rubber bullets, tear gas and the like. Our leaders have turned their hearing aides off, and treat the citizens they promised to protect and serve like 'domestic terrorists'.

It's getting harder and harder to 'guess' what our overlords are going to pull out of their hats next. They've already proven that following the law or the constitution means squat to them.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I was at Menards a few days ago and they had a huge seed display. Not sure about the prices though...

People have noted the inner seed packet is stamped 'product of China' on many varieties of seeds in recent years, and many garden varieties are imported from other countries, which leaves me to wonder why there aren't shortages? Given the state of the supply chain crisis, shouldn't seasonal goods also be suffering?

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Definitely visible supply chain issues down here in SWFL.

However, can still get most things but may have to take several visits to the supermarkets.

For example for the last 3 trips to costco I havent been able to get the cat food or cat litter from them , but publix has both while they are missing other things with more visible empty shelves.

The local Oaks market down here appears to stay pretty busy. Interesting enough they were the ones that weren't willing to play with the covid narrative and did not make employees use masks or customers unless they wanted to. I give the owner of the super market Alfie Oakes credit for putting his money where his mouth is, since that cost him a 45 Million+ (ballpark) dollar deal with the school systems.

edit on 51131America/ChicagoMon, 24 Jan 2022 11:51:56 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Of course, the MSM is stirring up panic to boost toilet paper sales. Canada is a net exporter of food anyway. Worst case, we just hang onto some extra lentils.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Get someone to split the cow with. I get a half a cow every year, there is enough for us for the whole year and we give away about two fifths of it for Christmas presents. We could do with a quarter of a cow, but I like variety and you don't get as much of certain things with a quarter.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

Do you know how close you and I are?

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Its been wild watching this crap roll around the country haphazard. At first, it was just some of ya, and I took note of the odd, almost patternless shortages that ran the gamut of stuff. So damn random, still is, though becoming more uniform.

Anyway, shortages have been cropping up more frequently here in the Grand Rapids area. The most profound is cat & dog food shortages, kibble & canned alike. Canned in particular seems to be nearly non-existent (psssst, check Dollar Trees, sometimes they have 13 oz cans of 9 Lives & Alpo for a buck)

Our guinea pigs hay & pellet stocks in stores are low, but more plentiful than cat or dog food is. Have had no issues finding bird seed & fish food, though.

I mentioned in another thread about shortages that I had a hell of a time finding plain old dried or canned black beans & that others are either low in stock or just not available. The dry beans shelves are bare as hell...

I also mentioned that prices were spiking on stupid crap, like the 2 small tomatoes & head of iceberg lettuce that ran me $5 -- the iceberg was fricking $3 itself.

And slightly OT, but mostly not -- before someone else tries to tell me to buy real lettuce, WE DO, and aim for local only. Kinda hard to get that damn red leaf or romaine when there IS none, hence the filler lettuce -- I mean iceberg -- for leafiness on sammies.

And back to the topic, I did finally see (and get) some mixed packages of lettuce heads & some romaine at Aldi this weekend, but i dont remember romaine being $3 per, or the Artisan mixed lettuces being over $4.
Its also worth noting the store I was in has no Ramen, very little pasta, the freestanding freezer coolers are consistently only maybe 1/3 stocked, has nearly no cream, half & half, coffee creamer (liquid or powder) AND milk itself. There's similar shortages at other Aldis, and other chains (and some different ones like meats & breads) Jeebus, and this is Aldi...

You guys ever look back there in the dairy cooler & notice how many milk pallets are usually back in the coolers? I saw only whole milk pallet, and just two 2%. Just three palets of milk on standby to replace the two pallets already nearly empty.

The manager was very blunt when we asked, "We're probably not going to be getting much dairy for the near-term, the supply chain is getting worse."

Thats #ing scary coming from an Aldi manager, IMO.
edit on 1/24/2022 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Well there's shortages in PLENTY of other US places, including just a few hours south in Indiana/Ohio. It's happening I've never seen anything like it in the USA.

There are some items missing from the shelves here in Indiana. Pasta of every type was pretty much gone at Walmart and frozen potatoes as well. All they had yesterday was shredded hash browns. Both of those items have been hit and miss for he last month. Other food items have been sold out too but not as consistently.

Same here in Central NY. Bleach is getting hard to come by, Since this started, I've been getting my mothers grocery's, another thing that is very scarce is cat food wet/dry for her three cats, the shelves are empty.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
It seems quite strange to me that there was no shortage of holiday-oriented items; they were supposed to on the many barges anchored offshore waiting to unload because there's no room left on shore for anymore to be stacked.

The ships that eventually offloaded and pulled out of port ... what was on them when they left? Our food being shipped over to China?

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

[Quote] Australia has ran out of Urea

Stupid "eco friendly" policies just do more harm than good. No Urea means no def. No def means regulated diesel trucks can't run.

I would love to see a unified act of defiance by the industry to delete def systems from all their trucks. It isn't complicated.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I live right outside of NYC and I haven't had issues getting anything I want, mostly because I don't shop at supermarkets and instead use purveyors who locally source.

Some of us peons don’t have purveyors! 🤑

what i know is that you need to give them a bizness lic number. to open an account. it could be any biz. maybe AM can correct me.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Saw a story on the news (in Australia) last night where they said the big supermarket chains are struggling to keep their shelves stocked, so they are going to "simplify" their product range to make it easier. In other words, many brands will no longer be available on shelves. We've been losing product diversity for many years, now we're losing a massive chunk of that diversity in one hit. Eventually we'll have a single brand for all our products and they will be absolutely terrible quality because they wont have any competition.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Same for the Chicago area.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   

In Metro Detroit we hv little or no shortages, but higher prices, and some items not reordered if not selling.

Thread asked, I responded. The Ontario member above can address the 1 1/3 mile across the river. I defer..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join