It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Prevents AT-WILL Employees From Accepting Better Offers At A Competing Hospital

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think an investigation into Judge McGinnis’s bank accounts may be in order, particularly for any incoming payments from someone who may be associated with ThedaCare.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bounder

There is so much insanity lately that makes for bad fiction. As a writer myself, if I'd tried publishing a story about the public accepting the stripping away of all their rights and freedoms because the media told them it was best this would have been called bad writing. Schools and companies implementing Marxist "cultural transformation" without hardly anyone noticing is bad writing. Half the public believing a president is an evil racist even when you prove they are wrong is bad writing. People believing those of us refusing vaccination are stupid and evil even after it has become blatantly obvious to everyone that vaccinations are useless is bad writing. Great insanity has been allowed to occur lately only because a large portion of the public conveniently had their Stupid Switch turned on.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Judge Prevents AT-WILL Employees From Accepting Better Offers At A Competing Hospital

Like hell he/she would .
Why is this even a story ?
First words "I quit"
Second words "GOTH OUT"
Then on to my better job .
It is an "at will" after all .
edit on 1/22/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Epitome of micro-management 🤣

Have fun in the new central corral zones 🤣

edit on Jan-22-2022 by xuenchen because: DryCobbed_bbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Employers don't have the right to make people work for them. They are a business and if they can't compete for the talent, then they go out of business. That's how healthcare works in this capitalist system. This is tantamount to bringing back indentured servitude.

I have seen people claiming to essential workers this was a trap that allows the government to intervene we saw this before with the air traffic controllers strike. They considered it essential for public safety and the govt stepped in and destroyed the union. This set public safety above workers' rights so now that healthcare is considered essential services here we are forcing people to work.

At a press conference later that day, US president Ronald Reagan demanded that the controllers return to work, stating: “They are in violation of the law, and if they do not report for work within forty-eight hours, they have forfeited their jobs and will be terminated.”

www.jacobinmag.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

These workers will be glad to have their jobs terminated, they don't want it.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

edit on Sat Jan 22 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
They may get away with this in the health care industry, because the workers most of the time want to help their patients. If it really came down to it where people were forced to work somewhere they don't want to.

They will get no or very little work from the employee. Possible sabatoage, do minor things like unplug something from a machine so it doesn't work, or works incorrectly. Getting customers to come back with more complaints to get fixed what was already suppose to be fixed.

Right now there is nothing to stop an employee from quiting. The idea of requiring someone to stay until they get a replacement for them. The company may get a replacement after a few years if ever. If they really wanted to, they could draw that out for forever.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
If I was in that situation I would do the most autrageist thing to get fired. And then sue because this ruling created a contract of sorts.

Best way to get fired. refuse to work or sabotage them with bad work.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: VierEyes

You can't show up to the new job, but you also don't need to show up to the old one.

I don't know. as this seems quite wrong, I'd ignore the judge and leave the old job and go to the new one. Let them come arrest me, and then let the lawyers determine my nest egg size. Folks need to remember they have a pair, use them.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You can't show up to the new job, but you also don't need to show up to the old one.

I don't know. as this seems quite wrong, I'd ignore the judge and leave the old job and go to the new one. Let them come arrest me, and then let the lawyers determine my nest egg size. Folks need to remember they have a pair, use them.

The judge cant make them work for their former employer period. The judge knows this all the judge can do is prevent them from working with the new company. This is a temporary restraining order the judge has not and will not make it permanent. What he was hoping is they would work out some sort of settlement before Monday. The judge im sure is going to ask some tough questions like why are they spending money on attys instead of offering higher wages. Im sure the next question is if your board had decided to terminate their employment on monday and they went to court to get more time you would fight that in court would you not?

Keep in mind the judge here had to respond to the filing on Friday and knew they couldn't get to it until Monday. The TRO was issued because it was a weekend I'm sure the judge will break it on Monday when they hear the case. And if I were the judge id require a bond as well from the hospital to cover those employees lost wages if they were serious about the injunction they would likely withdraw at that point.
edit on 1/23/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   

There's a hospital here that has been making all new hires sign an agreement to pay back something like $5000-$10000 if they leave within the first 2 years of employment.

Yeah, I signed one of those before. Want to know what happened when I got tired of their BS? I got another job and never paid them for whatever they thought I owed them.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There's a hospital here that has been making all new hires sign an agreement to pay back something like $5000-$10000 if they leave within the first 2 years of employment.

Damn, really? how is that even legal? Unless they are paying an advance of 5-10k at hire they shouldn't be able to legally request any money back from me if I am getting paid for my work on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

This hospital has no problems with litigation.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

New job will send you home, they won't risk violating a judges order.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Do some research on the job. Guaranteed to be a liberal whackadoodle. Should be fired for not following laws and precedents like a judge should.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The problem is that the NEW company might not let them until this is cleared up. Personally, unless they signed "no compete" agreements this is totally bogus. If I chose I could leave my job tomorrow and go to work for anybody except for companies that compete with my company. That's standard in the technical field. I was given a list of those companies. If I wanted to work for one of them, it couldn't be until 18 months after I quit. On the flip side, the agreement states that if I am let go through no fault of my own, the agreement is null.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   

lets see what that judge can do about a BOYCOTT..
is the judge up for re-election by chance?

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

sure.... and they can raise my starting bonus to 120,000.00 also

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Never heard of a clause of that nature in healthcare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join