It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families of U.S. Embassy personnel must evacuate Ukraine, State Department orders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hong Kong won't be far behind Ukraine; it will happen near simultaneously.

And here in North America, a continental civil war will not be far behind both of those skirmishes.

Buckle up buttercups, the revolution's here.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have several Russian friends I play online with, they are decent people, very educated and hardworking, the also love western ideologies, styles and entertaining.

US has been dictating the way we are to think and act toward other countries, interestingly I have never met online Chinese but only those that are born in the US or are nationals.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I really did not understand well the history of the Ukraine just that they separated from Russia, but never really have followed what kind of government they had or how linked they were to the US.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Oh maybe democrats feels that they can take Russia and after all they are behind the Republicans on warmongering.

I can only see the mass protest against a war, already cooking.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Wow I had not idea, but lets face it, the democrats do not want another Afghanistan, unless they planning to bring as many Ukrainians as possible.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You know, why do I have the feeling that biden is nothing but the puppet and parrot and the powers truly running our nation have their own agenda, I cannot even imagine that crappy biden is in charge of nothing but his mouth.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

If, if Russia take Ukraine you can be china will advance on Taiwan, I can only imagine how the people of Taiwan most be feeling right now.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is Putin's test of Biden .
Vlad tests every US president .
Joe is showing fear by responding .
Putin wins .
edit on 1/22/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Any AD infantry military members here get issued new cold weather gear recently? Asking for a friend.

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   

edit on Sat Jan 22 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: marg6043

I’m reading a civil war book right now.
The diary of Mary Chestnut. I’ve read it a few times, and it never fails to entertain.

Amazingly even though she wrote it in the 1860’s so much of it is relevant today.
At one point she talks about the price gouging. She talks about wearing a dress that she isn’t happy with but her husband scolds her saying soon enough she could be wearing burlap. Even though she is very much a confederate wife so much of the story is about how war just sucks for the average person and how much of the choices those in charge make, eventually falls on all of us, especially the sorrow.

Do we hate Russian People, not really, Do we love Ukrainians, not necessarily. Yet here we are.

It's one reason I can't understand the average Joe war hawk, and yes sometimes I know you have to flex your muscles, but our reasoning since the Korean War has been quasi-suspect at best, our troops did very well if we failed in was in the leadership or the total reasons for war were suspect. This perfectly describes Ukraine, the reasons for going to war are suspect the chances of actually winning are extremely suspect and the chances of screwing up majorly and sparking a much larger war are definitely there.

Mostly though I have little faith that our leaders can do this correctly, and it could easily go south quickly

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

An update to this thread from state.gov.

"On January 23, 2022, the Department of State authorized the voluntary departure of U.S. direct hire employees (USDH) and ordered the departure of eligible family members (EFM) from Embassy Kyiv due to the continued threat of Russian military action. U.S. citizens should not travel to Ukraine, and those in Ukraine should depart now using commercial or other privately available transportation options"

We are now at level 4, at least. Levels above that aren't normally disclosed, but there are some clues that level 6 is approaching if there is any truth to the embassy reaching out to Americans currently in Ukraine with strong recommendation to leave immediately.

Still haven't evacuated civis from embassy as dem msm originally claimed though.

edit on 11-2-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I don't think this December 7th ultimatum from Biden had any effect on Vladimir's plans.

President Biden on Tuesday held a two-hour-long video call with Russian President Vladimir Putin and warned him that if he decides to invade Ukraine, the United States and European allies are ready to make Moscow pay.

Source: www.npr.org...

So what's the plan now, Mr. President?

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   

State just announced that the alert is going to 7 today (Saturday).

This is everything removed from the embassy except one 'diplomat' and some Marines.

The one 'diplomat' is usually agency with diplomatic cover, and the number of Marines remaining is usually based on how many helicopters the roof can hold at once.

This is now officially pretty huge, we just abandoned our embassy.

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 12-2-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Any AD infantry military members here get issued new cold weather gear recently? Asking for a friend.

We store such gear in Germany for occasions like this, so that likely won't be an advanced indicator.

I was made aware of an AD Army ground based fueler company getting their 'Romania' (Ukraine) orders cancelled in the last couple days.

As far as I can tell the arial refueler reserves haven't been flying out of Milwaukee, meaning there probably isn't any significant air bridge going on.

Someone else posted some disturbing (if accurate) news about Whitman though.

Personally, I think a Tyndall base lockdown is what to watch for, probably 12-24 hours before they go, but might get advance warning from someone on the ground in Milwaukee.

Oh yeah, we just officially abandoned our Ukraine embassy today.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
At the urging of Joe Biden's administration, the UK and Israel are telling their citizens to leave Ukraine while commercial flights are available. There will be no military assistance with evacuating. Once Russia begins taking over, everyone is on their own.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I don't think this December 7th ultimatum from Biden had any effect on Vladimir's plans.

President Biden on Tuesday held a two-hour-long video call with Russian President Vladimir Putin and warned him that if he decides to invade Ukraine, the United States and European allies are ready to make Moscow pay.

Source: www.npr.org...

So what's the plan now, Mr. President?

His plan now is to start yelling and acting oh-so stern & serious like he always does when confronted with exposure and proof he lied and/or was wrong. All standard retorts for training of mental case deficiencies. 😃

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's strange that other leaders who meet with, or talk by phone to Vladimir Putin, don't get the impression that an invasion of Ukraine is imminent.

Here is feedback from France's President MACRON: www.reuters.com...

But BIDEN/U.S. is (without evidence) standing on top of the mountain, yelling into the bullhorn, "The Russians are Coming!".

The President of Ukraine says he's not overly concerned either. (Remember, Ukraine is supposedly the target of the invasion!)

Something's not adding up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join