It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intestinal bacteria could be behind Japan's low COVID deaths, study says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

In the UK they have a Smart Phone App launched in 2016 that scans the bar code and calculates the total sugar content.

Then in 2022, they launched this:

NHS APP LAUNCHES BARCODE SCANNER TO HELP MAKE HEALTHIER FOOD CHOICES

Here in USA they launch more ways to get your $$$

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Sardines. I used to eat them as a kid as my dad ate them. Let me look into it again.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Do not compare fruit to a white sugar. Fruit is designed to be food

I don't but total grams of sugar is sugar right?

Vegetable oils pretty much kill the mitochondria and make us tired all the time.

Agree, we avid and use Olive oil

Genetically engineered wheat bred for more gluten cant be good.

Agree, I will lopk up Durum.

The 56 Most Common Names for Sugar

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: Waterglass

Sugars are a staple for our bodies. Sugars are the preferred source of energy for cells.
Do not compare fruit to a white sugar. Fruit is designed to be food. Keto is a BS trendy diet nothing more. Your body will make sugar out of protein with net loss energy. And out of fat too. Your liver will have to do it all the time maybe instead of other tasks. Keto freaks have to eat a lot of salt to balance adrenal disruption.

i was gonna say that also.

There are couple of things to research and avoid tho. Vegetable oils pretty much kill the mitochondria and make us tired all the time. Olive is ok. Lack of saturated fat makes people sick even more. Genetically engineered wheat bred for more gluten cant be good. I eat Durum when I can. I've heard of Durum bread. No one makes it around me so I think I'll make it myself. That's the way to go. (this and eating road kills)

yes! exvoo is all i use even for mashed pots.

i don't eat margarine either.

intestinal flora and fauna in balance is needed. i eat yoghurt everyday. no sour cream. at all.

i never hrard of durm bread. yay for street pizza!

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Being Asian I will say it is just more than the food, it is a whole different way of eating.

To start with, the foods are very fermented.
They are also very salted, with good sea salt. We've been lied to and told salt is not good.

Asians (most) eat very differently. Side note: The food scene is changing and so is the health of many Asians due to the influence of Western foods. They are very addicting and very unhealthy!
Most Asians do not drink cold water and many do not drink anything with meals, which helps with stomach acid and proper breakdown of foods. Sometimes soup is used as a "drink".
The portion sizes are considerably smaller, and seaonally eating is just a way of life.

Growing up I was told not to eat certain things at night (rice noodles, carbs etc.) We were also told that
tofu was eaten to gain weight. Here in the US it is eaten to lose weight.

The processing of food is so different. I feel Asians have two forms of food processing, ultra long life foods that are fermented, super healthy. Then there is food as fresh as you can get, seafood that is killed then cooked. Sometimes eaten live or almost live.

The other thing I noticed with many Asians is they naturally practice intermittent fasting. Here in the US we feel like we are starving if we don't at least have three meals and a couple snacks.

Foods in Asia also have alot of superstion and ceremony around them. The medicinal benefit of foods are also highlighted. For example. I'm growing a plant called Crown Daisy, it is a very bitter green, speaking of bitter that is a flavor that isn't very popular on the American palate. Back to the Crown Daisy, it is said to prevent strokes.

yes correct on all. there are some exceptions tho, with drinking. i drink cold matcha or green tea all day, 3-4 ltrs easy. SO has a thermos of hot water at all times to sip on.
i love fermented foods. kimchi is one i buy and havent made yet. i've made sauerkraut. i made some indian lettuce last night for veg sautéed with garlic, and we had the crown daisy for 3 nights before . my SO likes most veg boiled in chic stock like a soup. i'm trying to get her to eat more beets. i love them. canned or fresh. canned doesn't lose much if at all nutritional value. they are good for blood pressure.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Do not compare fruit to a white sugar. Fruit is designed to be food

I don't but total grams of sugar is sugar right?

Vegetable oils pretty much kill the mitochondria and make us tired all the time.

Agree, we avid and use Olive oil

Genetically engineered wheat bred for more gluten cant be good.

Agree, I will lopk up Durum.

The 56 Most Common Names for Sugar

there is a difference between natural and refined. i have coconut flower sugar, it is low glycemic sugar. it works good.

coconut oil also is nice to use.. i just got some avocado oil spray. most of the stuff that's good for you is pricy. imagine that, lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Being Asian I will say it is just more than the food, it is a whole different way of eating.

To start with, the foods are very fermented.
They are also very salted, with good sea salt. We've been lied to and told salt is not good.

Asians (most) eat very differently. Side note: The food scene is changing and so is the health of many Asians due to the influence of Western foods. They are very addicting and very unhealthy!
Most Asians do not drink cold water and many do not drink anything with meals, which helps with stomach acid and proper breakdown of foods. Sometimes soup is used as a "drink".
The portion sizes are considerably smaller, and seaonally eating is just a way of life.

Growing up I was told not to eat certain things at night (rice noodles, carbs etc.) We were also told that
tofu was eaten to gain weight. Here in the US it is eaten to lose weight.

The processing of food is so different. I feel Asians have two forms of food processing, ultra long life foods that are fermented, super healthy. Then there is food as fresh as you can get, seafood that is killed then cooked. Sometimes eaten live or almost live.

The other thing I noticed with many Asians is they naturally practice intermittent fasting. Here in the US we feel like we are starving if we don't at least have three meals and a couple snacks.

Foods in Asia also have alot of superstion and ceremony around them. The medicinal benefit of foods are also highlighted. For example. I'm growing a plant called Crown Daisy, it is a very bitter green, speaking of bitter that is a flavor that isn't very popular on the American palate. Back to the Crown Daisy, it is said to prevent strokes.

yes correct on all. there are some exceptions tho, with drinking. i drink cold matcha or green tea all day, 3-4 ltrs easy. SO has a thermos of hot water at all times to sip on.
i love fermented foods. kimchi is one i buy and havent made yet. i've made sauerkraut. i made some indian lettuce last night for veg sautéed with garlic, and we had the crown daisy for 3 nights before . my SO likes most veg boiled in chic stock like a soup. i'm trying to get her to eat more beets. i love them. canned or fresh. canned doesn't lose much if at all nutritional value. they are good for blood pressure.

ETA; oh i forgot to mention shio kouji i been using as a marinade and tenderizer. it's made from fermented rice. miso is good too.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

there is a difference between natural and refined. i have coconut flower sugar, it is low glycemic sugar. it works good. coconut oil also is nice to use.. i just got some avocado oil spray. most of the stuff that's good for you is pricy. imagine that, lol.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

A very interesting article. It seems to validate the practice of taking probiotics and introducing 'friendly' bacteria into the gut.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

I am on a diabetic diet even though I am not diabetic.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Me too for 20+ years

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Thanks. I give you a fermented German beer!

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

Still has caffine

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They drink a tea made with Japanese knot weed

It's the highest concentration of natural reservatrol on earth

Other traces of reservstrok can be found in chocolate and red wine, which brought to be the French paradox of unhealthy living but loving long...the red wine!

But seriously, this plant grows 6 inches a day because of Said reservatrol and it'd the second fastest growing plant behind bamboo

Do some research reservatrol has many many good qualities but only problem is it's an invasive species here, a fingernails worth of any part of the plant will have it take hold

You can get maximum reservatrol by by boiling the shoots in spring that look like asparagus

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

How do I get the good bacteria strain?

Eat how they eat. Yer crap might do a turnaround in 90 days.

2nd take a look at the amount of sugar you ingest daily. Guys are 37.5 grams / day? Just take a look at the labels. I sheet my pants thinking I was eating healthy cereals such as Quaker Life. NOPE.

Even diet pop / soda can mess you up.

Take a look at The Whole30 diet

Whole30

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Thanks.

I now count my sugar intake since November 2021. Almost dropped all breads and crackers. Eat soft taco shells for the fiber with ZERO sugar @ 70 carbs each [Mission]

We are 100% olive oil for 20+ years. I also have 12 ounce water with lemon juice concentrate added daily along with a second 8 ounce drink cold water of Apple Cider Vinegar with the "Mother".

Both of he above seem to stabilize my system. I am now sleeping the best since the year 2000. Last night slept all night without awakening to take a wiz. I woke when wife got up at 4:45AM.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

When you deep dive into the food "pyramid" here in the USA and look at what the FDA allows. They are essentially allowing us to poison ourselves to death.

The assholes approve the foods and approve the drugs to manage the diseases that are caused by the foods that they allow to be on the shelves.

OK, daily amount of added sugar for a guy is 37.5 grams / day. One 12 ounce can of Coke includes 38 grams of added sugars? So your already over the limit?

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I agree

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: nugget1

Thanks.

I now count my sugar intake since November 2021. Almost dropped all breads and crackers. Eat soft taco shells for the fiber with ZERO sugar @ 70 carbs each [Mission]

We are 100% olive oil for 20+ years. I also have 12 ounce water with lemon juice concentrate added daily along with a second 8 ounce drink cold water of Apple Cider Vinegar with the "Mother".

Both of he above seem to stabilize my system. I am now sleeping the best since the year 2000. Last night slept all night without awakening to take a wiz. I woke when wife got up at 4:45AM.

try the cider vinegar with hot water and honey, to taste. can you have honey?

my dad said it's an old indian cure. for colds and stuff. it seems to work pretty well when i give it to someone for a few days.
i just can't figure out how finland fits in with japan, korea etc. besides fish.

i think it's miso or fermented soy beans the asians have in common.

i had miso soup with prosciutto tortellini last night. lol.

there is a mold in miso that helps ferment the rice and soy that is good for gut bacteria,

Shio koji is a Japanese cure/marinade made by fermenting grain koji (cooked grain, traditionally rice, that has been inoculated with Aspergillus oryzae, the mold that gives us miso, soy sauce, and sake), water, and salt until the mixture thickens to a porridge-like consistency and takes on a sweet, funky aroma.

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

i just can't figure out how finland fits in with japan

Finland has some odd chemical in their drinking water from the minerals in the soil. It has the sae affect on them as the Japanese diet.

<< 1   >>

join