It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intestinal bacteria could be behind Japan's low COVID deaths, study says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
To the Mods of ATS.

As it seems that we may be on our own with respect to the USA and Covid-19 along with those whom seem to be on a "Trust The Science" mission other than with the people of the USA in mind, I cut and paste the entire article here so people can read and think for themselves. Prior to doing so I cut and paste the entire title into Google. Do you know that said story was NOT picked up and run with by any USA MSM! At least I could not find anything.

I did see that Google did have an open link to the story. I didn't read it side by side to what I saw on the TOR browser to see if it was exact. So here's that link:

Intestinal bacteria could be behind Japan's low COVID deaths, study says

In brief it appears that a connection exists among Japan, Finland and South Korea. collinsella

Heres another link as many here seem to be either overweight or have Glucose issues. This is not meant to harm. Its meant to help you figure it out so as to extend your life. I now have a glucose issue post Jab back in September 2021. I am not overweight and work out so I have a serious interest in what the hell happened to me. I also don't eat sweets, soda, candy, chips and other goodies. Its been that way my entire life as I was a boy scout with my diet. Big woop as it was all for $^%^&.

A structured weight loss program increases gut microbiota phylogenetic diversity and reduces levels of Collinsella in obese type 2 diabetics: A pilot study

I also am NOT a doctor. I am just a guy trying to figure it all out. Then again we are trained since birth here in the USA to only trust the science by those who went through a University program. Right. Ever look at all the foods approved here by the FDA yet are banned in other countries including China?

Go figure. Good luck

by Osamu Tsukimori staff writer SHARE Jan 14, 2022

The abundance of a specific intestinal bacteria known to suppresses the binding of the coronavirus to human cell receptors is likely to play a role in the low COVID-19 mortality rates seen in Asia and Northern Europe, according to a study led by a team of researchers at Nagoya University.

Many scientists have speculated there may be an X-factor when it comes to the low death rates from COVID-19 in Asia, including Japan, and some countries in Northern Europe such as Finland. Genetic and immunological differences, as well as the taking of the BCG vaccine in early childhood to protect against tuberculosis, have often been cited as possible reasons. An in-vitro study by the Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine has also shown that compounds in green tea known as catechins significantly reduced the infectiousness of the coronavirus.

The highly contagious omicron variant is known to lead to less serious cases than the delta variant, and the mortality rate has been lowered to be more or less comparable to that of influenza.

But the death rate from COVID-19 tends to go up with age. Other risk factors include obesity, diabetes, smoking and a history of respiratory infections, though COVID-19 vaccination curbs the possibility of severe illness and death.

To shed light on what the mysterious factor may be behind the low death rates in some countries, Nagoya University scientists analyzed raw sequencing data of gut micro-organisms in 953 healthy subjects in 10 countries from a public database.

The team analyzed the relationship between the composition of intestinal bacteria and the mortality rates of COVID-19, applying an advanced machine learning model in February 2021, when vaccines were not yet commonly available. It analyzed 30 important intestinal bacteria and found that having the lowest amount of one called collinsella was the highest predictive factor behind high COVID-19 mortality rates, with a markedly high statistical significance.

The scientists then categorized the data into five types of gut bacteriological ecosystems, called enterotypes, based on the compositional similarity of their micro-organisms. They compared them with the mortality rates of the 10 countries and found that the level of collinsella was negatively correlated with the mortality.

Where COVID-19 mortality rates are low, such as in South Korea, Japan and Finland, the enterotype with the highest amount of collinsella was dominant, accounting for 34% to 61% of the total, the study said. In Belgium, Britain, Italy and the U.S., where mortality rates were high, the enterotypes with the two of the lowest levels of collinsella were predominant, and only 4% to 18% of subjects had the enterotype with the largest amount. The other countries examined were Canada, Germany and Mexico.

“I’m not saying that intestinal bacteria alone can cure COVID-19,” said the study’s lead researcher, Masaaki Hirayama, an associate professor at the university’s Graduate School of Medicine. “The purpose of this study was to see if we could make a breakthrough in treatment if we could find at least one thing related to factor X.”

Hirayama said that collinsella transforms the gut’s bile acids into ursodeoxycholic acid, which has been known to suppress the binding of the coronavirus to its receptor and inhibit the potentially deadly immune response called a cytokine storm.

The study has undergone a full peer review and was published in the U.S. open access science and medicine journal Plos One in late November. Diverse factors, such as age and stress, can influence gut micro-organisms, but enterotypes are thought to be affected by intake of foods and are not strongly associated with race or gender, the Nagoya University researchers said.

Hirayama says it remains unclear whether mortality rates are higher for vaccinated individuals whose collinsella levels are lower. But based on results of the study, he has already begun work on joint research with respiratory medicine doctors to see if substances produced by this intestinal bacteria play a role in whether some patients become seriously ill while others do not.

“Serious cases of the disease have rapidly declined due to vaccination, so I don’t think we need to worry too much about low collinsella levels in some Japanese people,” he said. “In fact, most Japanese and other Asians have high levels of bifidobacteria and collinsella.”

edit on 19-1-2022 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 19-1-2022 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 19-1-2022 by Waterglass because: more typos

edit on 19-1-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
Good catch. Very interesting article. Biology is probably the most complex, science subject there is. Every part of a biological system can be connected to other parts in ways you would never imagine.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hmm....Interesting. But certain food chemistries kill some of the microbes but increase others....except for stuff like glyphosate and antimicrobial additives to preserve our fresh produce, they kill everything off.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Since I collapsed and fell onto the floor in front of my wife on 05November 2021, I was told by several physicians at Urgent Care that I need a complete lifestyle change. I am 6' 1" @ 215 pounds with a BMI of 12. I have an athletic frame.

That being said I typically do not drop to my knees and pray. I get pissed and look to see what I can do. To survive. I tried the go to a professional but all they want to do is stretch it out for the coin. Nah, its my life.

That being said I am looking at what I eat. In brief I was ingesting way too much sugar in stuff one would think is healthy. One small glass of Orange Juice, Milk along with an [1] apple and [1] banana I have already exceeded my 36 grams per day of sugar.

Trust the science? The science is the FDA who approves that stuff which is then cycled into overweight and diabetic people are then are cycled through the pharmaceutical grinder.

Trust the science my arse. They are all in on it.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This is a tough one but its a start. Much of the sheet that's approved by the FDA to be put into our foods are banned in Finland, Japan and other countries.

Look up Mountain Dew. Yikes

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I haven't heard any medical professionals during this last couple of years, tell people to eat better, or anything about the crappy way of eating most people seem to have in North America.

Our gut bacteria are more likely to be bad than good.

The amount of sugar in everything is crazy. There's an ingredient list on Windsor iodized table salt: salt, calcium silicate, sugar, potassium iodide.

There's sugar in our table salt.....

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I put my money on Japan healthy eating habits and low incidents of hart disease due to diet, plus they drink lots of tea, if we look at how they use natural medicine we probably find the cure for darn covid.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Agree, the FDA is corrupted to its core. When I began counting the numbers in foods you have got to be kidding. No wonder were all sick, obese and whatever.

I used to eat Quaker LIFE cereal. One cup and 2/3 cup SKIM milk = 24 grams of sugar. My limit is 36 grams per day. So [1] banana will take me to the limit.

Count me in that I will NOT "trust the science"! Especially from the FDA

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Agree. The Green Tea is supposed to be excellent for you along with everything else they eat. Seems that once Cigarettes were taken down as an industry big pharma greased the food industry and FDA with the introduction of enough bad foods to keep the pharma coffers full of patients in the system along with medicines.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Count me in that I will NOT "trust the science"! Especially from the FDA

I'm a news junkie. The science around the world right now is all different. There's a degree of controlled organized incompetence going on. Canada's science seems to lag behind EU's science by about a week or so. Same with the states. North America is behind the rest of the world.

Plus we're supposed to question science, or it's faith...

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Sugars are a staple for our bodies. Sugars are the preferred source of energy for cells.
Do not compare fruit to a white sugar. Fruit is designed to be food. Keto is a BS trendy diet nothing more. Your body will make sugar out of protein with net loss energy. And out of fat too. Your liver will have to do it all the time maybe instead of other tasks. Keto freaks have to eat a lot of salt to balance adrenal disruption.

There are couple of things to research and avoid tho. Vegetable oils pretty much kill the mitochondria and make us tired all the time. Olive is ok. Lack of saturated fat makes people sick even more. Genetically engineered wheat bred for more gluten cant be good. I eat Durum when I can. I've heard of Durum bread. No one makes it around me so I think I'll make it myself. That's the way to go. (this and eating road kills)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Sounds legit. How do I get the good bacteria strain?
I dont like the idea of fecal transplant. Bring me a collinsella yogurt. I dont care how they make it. Much better than getting a suspiciously smelling package from Japan from a guy on ebay.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Then again we are trained since birth here in the USA to only trust the science by those who went through a University program.

MSG reacts with the pleasure/addictive center of our brain, creating cravings for more. It's now in almost everything in the grocery store, from cake mixes to catsup, canned goods, snack food- anything considered 'convenience foods'. When people started avoiding MSG because of bad press, the FDA approved many different labels for it, such as monosodium salt, monohydrate, monosodium glutamate, monosodium glutamate monohydrate, monosodium L-glutamate monohydrate, MSG monohydrate, sodium glutamate monohydrate, UNII-W81N5U6R6U, L-Glutamic acid, monosodium salt, and monohydrate.
If you research all the additives in food it will make you afraid to ever eat again! lol The FDA sets a limit on how much 'x' chemical can be added to a food source and still be safe. I wonder what happens when you get chemical 'X' from a bunch of different sources? What happens when you consume chemicals that don't play well together? Maybe that has something to do with the number of people increasingly becoming type II diabetics, with none of the common indicators. . In my case, it was induced by prescription drugs that have a side effect of type II.

I'm reminded of a question I was once asked: What do you call a doctor that graduates at the very bottom of the class? Doctor.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I can't go without my green tea. It's a must have. lol

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ

Sounds legit. How do I get the good bacteria strain?
I dont like the idea of fecal transplant. Bring me a collinsella yogurt. I dont care how they make it. Much better than getting a suspiciously smelling package from Japan from a guy on ebay.

Nobody is going to stuff someone elses poop up my arse. I am constantly trying to get rid of the crap I have, why would I want someone putting it up through that one way door.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Being Asian I will say it is just more than the food, it is a whole different way of eating.

To start with, the foods are very fermented.
They are also very salted, with good sea salt. We've been lied to and told salt is not good.

Asians (most) eat very differently. Side note: The food scene is changing and so is the health of many Asians due to the influence of Western foods. They are very addicting and very unhealthy!
Most Asians do not drink cold water and many do not drink anything with meals, which helps with stomach acid and proper breakdown of foods. Sometimes soup is used as a "drink".
The portion sizes are considerably smaller, and seaonally eating is just a way of life.

Growing up I was told not to eat certain things at night (rice noodles, carbs etc.) We were also told that
tofu was eaten to gain weight. Here in the US it is eaten to lose weight.

The processing of food is so different. I feel Asians have two forms of food processing, ultra long life foods that are fermented, super healthy. Then there is food as fresh as you can get, seafood that is killed then cooked. Sometimes eaten live or almost live.

The other thing I noticed with many Asians is they naturally practice intermittent fasting. Here in the US we feel like we are starving if we don't at least have three meals and a couple snacks.

Foods in Asia also have alot of superstion and ceremony around them. The medicinal benefit of foods are also highlighted. For example. I'm growing a plant called Crown Daisy, it is a very bitter green, speaking of bitter that is a flavor that isn't very popular on the American palate. Back to the Crown Daisy, it is said to prevent strokes.

edit on 19-1-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Try to add sardines to your diet. I'm nearing 70 and last year cycled half of Japan, hopefully this year I'll make it Hokkaido and back to Okinawa. I just found out them crackers I've been eating are filled with toxic chemicals thanks to a member here.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Could reason for such a low death rate be because the bacteria effects people in such a way as to render them incapable of falsifying covid death rates ?

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Interesting that Japan comes up here.
I'm certain their diet and lifestyle has a big part to play in their immune systems.
But also, wasn't it in Japan they discovered the bacteria in the soil out there that just gobbles up viruses.... this became Ivermectin.
So I read something recently that connected this prolific bacterium in Japanese soil getting into the food chain and possibly contributing to their low case counts.
Bacteria's kill a lot of viruses, mainly the parasitic type which coronaviruses are, viral cancers being another one.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

True that, 1947B

We are all just our own individual 'food web' both external and internal, when it comes down to it

I am thankful to our OP for this thread!

<<   2 >>

join