It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you going to order or use the at-home COVID tests? Don't

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleSun

Oddly enough, I am currently working demolition and remediation projects at LANL.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Research on corona virus and I promise you will get your answers.

Only ignorance is driving the covid rhetoric these days.

OK. I did.

www.mayoclinic.org...

The common cold is a Rhinovirus, Covid 19 isn't.

No?

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No is a foot virus, (I been sarcastic) you rally do not seem to grasp the entire concept of what is been done to humanity banking on ignorance, next time you get some symptoms of cold even with the jab, double jab and booster, get some zcam or xlear and you will be just fine,

Get it? I sure hope soo.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

No is a foot virus, (I been sarcastic) you rally do not seem to grasp the entire concept of what is been done to humanity banking on ignorance, next time you get some symptoms of cold even with the jab, double jab and booster, get some zcam or xlear and you will be just fine,

Get it? I sure hope soo.

Any chance of actually addressing the difference between the cold/flu virus and the Covid virus that I gave you a link to?

You asked me to do some research. I did.

Ignorance? Really?

Please discuss what was in the link I posted. If you think they are all the same virus despite the fact that they patently are not, then please explain why and how I am wrong. Some evidence would be nice.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Do the British people agree that the only things certain in life are death and taxes?

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I’ve used multiple in the past, and just ordered 4. Nonsense. Just because you can imagine up a scenario doesn’t make it true. You have no clue. How come the tests and vaccines haven’t hurt me? Why isn’t my immune system wiped out? What happened to magnets and 5G chips? What a joke. This kind of garbage dissuades so many reasonable voters

Absolutely no reason to try and scare people away from damned tests

So many here are so completely invested in this absolutely insane theorizing paranoia regarding the vaccines they’ll say or do anything to avoid admitting they were duped.

Anti vaxxers have been duped

Those Dems love watching all of us drop dead and/or show so much ignorance and follower-characteristics all because they said the vaccine is good. After, like the anti vaccine crowd, claiming it was dangerous. That’s what they did. Biden and Harris both cast doubt on it in the beginning

By letting them convince you, they’ll avoid having to explain why they also spread lies and paranoia

The anti vaccine talking points are Russiagate quality and sound every bit as dumb
edit on 1/21/2022 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Is there a good reason for people to take the tests?

Is there a good reason to take a test that is not meant for diagnostic purposes? Is there a good reason to take a test that tells you nothing? Would not, as Babylon Bee points out, a simple coin toss do just as well?

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I do not know much about the tests except that they use a swab that needs to be crammed pretty deep.

So, why use their swab? Why cant you just use your own swab (like a long Q-tip or those cotton on a stick you can buy?

Then just rub the results on the test swab, then nothing of thier's has to touch you?

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles exactly....

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2 it's obvious that you are so outside the loop this is like some sort of startling thing to you while it is everyday normal to us. And not, se is not a traitor to the American People as she as NOT brought the info public and never would. The public doesnt need to know what they dont know. That is quite literally the believe of people at that level. If you don't get it, you don't get it. And that's ok.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Any chance of actually addressing the difference between the cold/flu virus and the Covid virus that I gave you a link to?

First, the "common cold" typically refers to a collection of different viruses, including but not limited to coronaviruses.

And just so we arent continuing to spread the most common misinformation surrounding this whole thing:

There is no virus named "covid."

Covid is a symptomatically diagnosed disease presumably resulting from some specific cases of viral infections of a specific coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).

Even that mayo clinic link ends up making some conflations of the two as if they are interchangeable, though I will say they make a better distinction than most.

This also means that there is technically no "covid test." There are tests to detect specific portions of genetic material that are assumed to suggest the presence of SARS-CoV-2, but not necessarily "covid."

In much the same way, and somewhat interestingly, the "covid jabs" are actually accurately named as they (presumably) reduce the symptoms of the disease but do little to nothing for the coronavirus itself.

The relationship between SARS-CoV-2 and covid is roughly the same as the relationship between HIV and AIDS. And while there is an argument to be made in favor of this type of classification and naming convention of virus vs disease.. the amount of rampant confusion that it enables, including among "experts," is a strong point against doing so. There are other reasons too, but that veers off topic and you might very well have tuned out the moment I said that there is no covid virus.

Some might say that was intentional on my part

As for the OP, I would be pretty curious to hear more specifics about things like your mom saying something will happen on a date and then it happening.

Otherwise, this all just seems to be about the same as we have been hearing all along.

The tests strike me as a bit silly. Even if they were accurate instead of only identifying ~1% of the full SARS-CoV-2 genome (when they even work), the approach is still "take a test if you feel sick, do nothing, go home, maybe come into the hospital when your lips are blue." We could accomplish the same exact thing without any tests; "if you feel sick, do nothing, go home, maybe come into the hospital when your lips are blue."

Asymptomatic spread is a thing, just like it is with pretty much every other virus in existence, but I suspect most "asymptomatic cases" actually have symptoms of illness. They are just mild and perceived as something other than a viral infection.

Of course, I would personally suggest early treatment and other preventative measures (diet, sunlight, reduced stress, etc.).. but that is anathema to the general approach adopted by mainstream society whether or not any tests are involved.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

OK.

Do you have a source or any evidence for any of that?

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I do not know much about the tests except that they use a swab that needs to be crammed pretty deep.

So, why use their swab? Why cant you just use your own swab (like a long Q-tip or those cotton on a stick you can buy?

Then just rub the results on the test swab, then nothing of thier's has to touch you?

Ah, but how do you know that your QTips have not been contaminated with toxins and pathogens by TPTB?

You're not thinking this through.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The test is not to show if you have covid or to "see" anything, it's not to infect you, it's to make money for the company that produces them, and to subsequently contribute to the political figure who made you get tested. So if you are OK with making a political contribution against your will in the name of "health", then go ahead and get tested.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
amen to that.

my wife and i have never had one and I don't want to . it's pointless.
the fact that some companies are making employees do it willy-nilly without actually being sick is Criminal.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Sounds like we had like 2 camps in the US, the repubs and the dems.

Now we have at least 4

the anti vax repubs
the pro vax repubs
the anti vax dems and
the pro vax dems

. Divide divide divide divide and conquer more.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am going to order the rapid test. I will only use them if I think I have covid.

If i am asymptomatic, i likely will not use the test because I will not have a reason to because i have no symptoms. this means i likely will pass covid on to others, like is happening now and why omicron is running wild.

The people that are fully vaccinated are most likely to be asymptomatic and because of that the most likely to pass on omicron covid to the unvaccinated.
Catch 22 for the US.
plus, many that test positive for covid but are asymptomatic will likely think the test is a false positive and throw the test away and go about their day and spread covid.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Yeah, but I won’t let my pro vaccine views get in the way. Difference is that I don’t seek to impose them on anybody. I am just tired of reading the craziest things, statements like those aren’t helping us with the 60 some percent of voters who aren’t conservative or liberal

The anti vaccine fever pitch is getting out of control

Get it or don’t, the vaccine isn’t going to hurt you nor is COVID likely to hurt you. The vaccine is even less likely

Making an issue out of it only serves to help the left discredit the vaccines (as was their goal). From the minute Harris and Biden started casting doubt on them. But unlike Republicans, the left learned from the masking debacle. They learned that to get us to oppose something, they need only to support it

Just ironic that people who seek to reject the left and their overbearing compulsive worrying would then assume the anti vaccine position.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I just don't want to gamble with adverse effects.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join