It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Feels N-95 Masks Are What We Should Have Worn All Along - May Soon Mandate N-95 for All.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The CDC knew when Covid-19 first appeared, the only mask that could successfully reduce person-to-person transmission of the virus to a minimum, was the "N-95" quality face mask. The "95" means it stops 95% of viruses/germs from passing through it.

Dr. Anthony Fauci was way off-base back when Covid-19 was getting a foothold in America. He said Americans Should NOT wear a mask of any kind.

"Just Wash Your Hands!": www.usatoday.com... nds/4787209002/

(Evidence points to his bad advice being intentional, but that's another thread!)

-------------

A couple of months later, the CDC-Fauci began recommending that everyone wear a mask, without specifying what qualified as a suitable mask to protect against the fast-spreading Covid-19 virus. Since March 2020, Americans have been wearing all types of masks and face-coverings.

So fast-forward to January 2022. after almost 2 years of Americans wearing cloth, paper, and bandana-type masks, the U.S. Center for Disease Control & Dr. Fauci are considering strengthening the mask recommendation to make everyone wear N-95 quality masks, or be deemed as "non-compliant".

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is considering a change to its mask guidance as the omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus continues to circulate across the country, The Washington Post is reporting.

The CDC will probably advise people to use the N95 or KN85 mask instead of a cloth mask, the Post reported. The N95 masks are the type used by health care personnel.

“The agency is currently actively looking to update its recommendations for KN95 and N95 in light of omicron,” according to an unnamed official the Post identified as a source close to the negotiations. “We know these masks provide better filtration.”

While many people use a cloth mask to cover their nose and mouth when they are indoors, the CDC guidance is expected to say that if people can tolerate wearing a KN95 or N95 mask all day, they should.

The CDC’s current guidance says a mask should fit snugly, be made of at least two layers of breathable fabric and have a wire bridge around the nose that helps the wearer make a more snug fit.
More at: www.wpxi.com...

How many ATS members will take this new guidance seriously, and go purchase N-95 quality masks, if you don't wear them already?

I'm not. I'm filled with Covid-19 antibodies.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/11/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In the beginning of this ordeal, it was said that those mask would most likely give one the protection one would need. But no way can a school child wear one all day long at school nor can an older person wear one for probably more then 2 hours .
Wearing a mask outdoors seem funny to me. Sadly indoors at restaurants one takes off the mask, that is usually when one can catch the flu.

Mixed up world we live in these days.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well it must have took them 2 years to get the contracts signed. Follow the companies and politicians who bought stock in them companies. This does not happen over night.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The masks shed virus exactly the same way you do when you exhale. They are not made to filter things smaller than 0.4 micron. That's why air goes through. They can filter mold, bacteria, other things that are larger than those, but they CANNOT stop viruses, or even reduce them enough to change the R-Naught numbers.

Thats why there are no proof of concepts in any area where people use N95. This is just another moving of the goalpost. If the data existed, we would have heard it.

This is just another, 'oh, yeah, we know face coverings dont work and made you wear them anyway, but this mask does work, trust us'.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Thats for the fools, those of use who have been wearing these masks for years before 2020 all know N95 arent going to make a difference. If the mutation SHTF, I have respirators that do work and I will be wearing those.

I have no problem wearing masks and I have spent about 6 hours this week in one already, but I do have a problem playing stupid and wearing them when they are not needed for things they cannot make a difference with. That would be me pretending to be a moron to make someone else feel safe because they dont know enough in the first place to know they should not be scared.

Im not playing along with the stupids anymore. Im filtering out hazardous molecules in my day to day life with masks, if I didn't know how they work I would have died long ago. Im done. Im done playing stupid with the people who wouldnt even know what carts to buy for my respirators.
edit on 11-1-2022 by TrollMagnet because:

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Nope. 95 times…..Nope
It’s all a scam and I am tired of playing along.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My friend said he has to wear a N95 mask in any military facility he is assigned, no more regular masks you normally see. If you don’t have one entering they give you one.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

For a military facility or testing ones i understand. I dont understand why the general public need to wear it. Doctors only use it for one time after operation or surgery are done with.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The only person to person transmission they are worried about is figuring out they are all criminal perverts.
"Don't make small talk!" Was on highway banners in Tn when this all started.
The higher priced masks will create lower amounts of people allowed in x situations.
Time to end this bs, or the people pushing it.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's hard to find real ones now - When I first heard it was breaking out in China we ordered a bunch. Now I don't trust anything to many cheap knock offs . Oh but the government might provide them just like free covid test . Yeah lll trust that just what I need to breath through a government issued N95 no telling what it will be coated with .

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I agree, it’s the omicron (current cold) going around they are trying to prevent. What ever what a weird world we live in now. I wore one and it’s not something I could do 8 hrs a day every day. Very uncomfortable and hard to breath through as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Brotherman= will not comply

Mandate this 👉🏻👌🏻

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Than the mandates are pointless unless they still don't want one way valves

But in that case a n95 mask is only good for a very small amount of time as the moisture from your breath will quickly deplete the static electric charge that makes a n95 type filter work

Can't have it both ways either the mask only protects you or it protects no one

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

They only feel that it's effective?

Or they have verifiable and demonstrative science to back up that it's effective?

After all, we've been told to follow the science and not our feelings.

Edit to add:

* An N95 is an effective mask in some situations, when fit tested, worn properly, and changed frequently. Whether this would be one of them is still highly debatable.
edit on 1/11/2022 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional reponse.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
CDC can take their mask and shove them were their head start in their rear end, this is already beyond dictatorship enough is enough time to take down the CDC, Fauci and globalist. I did not voted for any of those nazis.
edit on 11-1-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   
Hard pass, even with all my time in a gas mask in the military I couldn't keep an N95 on correctly all day and if you are not going to wear it correctly no point in wearing it.

the fact the CDC is just now going oh gee this is the only one effective is more than a little terrifying.

link   
a reply to: 38181

Those N95 are trash compared to a real mask. That's why real masks have a valve for the exhale. Cuts back on the moisture so much. A respirator can also seal against a beard, an N95 will not. Directional filters are also much more effective.

As a bearded dude, I find this extremely relevant when I tell people I am not going to wear their mask.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

A true N95 mask has an exhale valve and you need a completely smooth face for it to be effective, also it can only be used for I think 8 hours of continuous use.
They are only used to protect the person wearing it for a short period of time against certain air born particles. They can't even be used for asbestos, for that you need P100 or better, so what makes people think a virus can't get through N95?

I think the best protection is just wearing a surgical mask and not coughing or sneezing all over the place, which means, don't go out when you're sick!

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

The masks shed virus exactly the same way you do when you exhale. They are not made to filter things smaller than 0.4 micron. That's why air goes through. They can filter mold, bacteria, other things that are larger than those, but they CANNOT stop viruses, or even reduce them enough to change the R-Naught numbers.

You're dead wrong, because you don't understand the physics of how n95 masks actually work. You think they are simple strainers, or screens--like mosquito netting--but they're not.

Here's an article that explains how they actually work:

royalsocietypublishing.org...

Here are the main points:

"...neither homemade cloth masks nor surgical masks (SMs) are designed to protect against the SARS-Cov-2 virion, only respirators conforming to N95 or higher standard are rated for such protection. This capability of N95 filtering facepiece respirators (FRs) is owed primarily to an electrocharged filtration layer among other notable design features, deemed the most efficient among various particle filtration methods employed in face masks.

Taken together, these features permit filtration of greater than or equal to 95% of particles of size greater than or equal to 0.3 μm under test standards designated by the US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.

"Face mask filtration mechanisms must optimize between two competing requirements. On one hand, the mask’s filtration layers must possess an average pore diameter small enough to trap and filter particles from being inhaled, but at the same time too small a pore diameter prevents the user from breathing comfortably. For this reason, face mask filtration layers cannot be fabricated below a certain pore diameter. Furthermore, mechanisms for filtration of large particles differ from those for small particles, thereby requiring a range of filtration strategies to be adopted. These strategies commonly involve three physical mechanisms, namely inertial impaction, diffusion and electrostatic attraction.

Large particles with diameters greater than or equal to 1 μm possess inertia to deviate from aerodynamic streamlines and collide with filtration fibres and get caught in the filter mesh. Small particles of typical diameters less than or equal to 0.1 μm, which follow streamlines while undergoing diffusion, execute a complex, meandering trajectory through the tortuous porous matrix and get trapped in the filtration layers. These two mechanisms are easily achieved in any cloth-based or commercial (surgical or PM2.5) masks, but they do not incorporate the third mechanism of electrostatic filtration."

Once viruses are caught on these kinds of masks, they do not get blown off again.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Not everyone is fit enough / have the lung capacity for N-95 masks. This is insane.

Medical Clearance and Fit-test Procedures for N95 Masks – COVID-19

oshareview.com...

And as pointed out, there is no guarantee masks fit everyone correctly, nor everyone will wear them correctly. And change out used masks for fresh masks as needed. And there still is no proper waste stream for masks.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join