It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US tells Putin to choose confrontation or dialogue over Ukraine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: baburak
US came to Ukraine and their troops are next to Russian borders but they are the one that are telling that Russia needs to move ... move where? To the moon? USA is the only country that left their troops in Europe after WW2, not Russia.

Advisors are not troops. try again.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

US came to Ukraine and their troops are next to Russian borders but they are the one that are telling that Russia needs to move ... move where? To the moon? USA is the only country that left their troops in Europe after WW2, not Russia.

Ukraine applied to NATO due to the desire of the Ukrainian people. Ukraine then sought help from NATO when Russia seized Crimea and fomented a civil war as punishment for those overtures. Even then NATO has not provided offensive materiel or manpower to Ukraine.

So I'm not sure where your talk about US troops in Ukraine is coming from.

As for the US being the only country with troops still in Europe following WWII, you must have forgotten the 50 years that Russia occupied part of Europe following the war. Hell, they still occupy Kaliningrad.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Well what about 200 million USD of weapons as humanitarian aid that was given to Ukraine in december? Advisors are coordinators

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Desire of ukrainian politicians as people were never asked ... and as you can see, half of the country was against it. There was never referendum about it.

And as for NATO, every year since the colapse of Soviet Union NATO representatives are saying that they will not go closer to Russia .. guess what? They lied.

As for the troops: Russia is in Europe since it's mostly (as for population) European country. USA has the whole continent across the world (and a lot of Guantanamo like prisons in Europe) and still occupies Europe.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Well what about 200 million USD of weapons as humanitarian aid that was given to Ukraine in december? Advisors are coordinators

DEFENSIVE weaponry,that is useless as OFFENSIVE weaponry.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

No, not defensive weaponry but fully offensive as it says in the Ukrainian media ...

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
We in the UK had one of Putins previous advisors on the media earlier topday, Markov / Makarov or something on similar, he said Vlad will go for the deal, Yanks will not agree to his demands, Vlad recognises Donestk and Loohansk, Ukraine attacks the new republics, Russian forces come to their aid, 70% of Ukraine officers swap sides and go with the Russins, very little blood spilled, Russia, takes all the erast of Ukraine, also all the south, then again Vlad avoids takling the west as it's anti Russian pro Nazi, Markov said the big undecided will be the major cities, yet Odessa, Maryopol, Kiev, will go to the Russians as they are all the same people, and the puppet regime installed by the west will just occupy the very western regions. Pretty much how it was reported.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I often wonder what the world would look like today, if they would have let Patton keep going East in 45' and let MacArthur keep going North in 51'.
😁

a reply to: vNex92

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No, not defensive weaponry but fully offensive as it says in the Ukrainian media ...

It YOUR JOB to prove that. others have posted stuff already in other threads that disprove your lie.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Although it’s unclear what the proposed $200 million aid package includes, Ukraine has asked for air defense systems, anti-ship missiles, more Javelin anti-tank missiles, electronic jamming gear, radar systems, ammunition, upgraded artillery munitions and medical supplies, according to two people familiar with the request.

“To maximize deterrence, it is critical that at least some military aid — Stingers, Javelins, drones, and anti-ship missiles — are provided immediately. The Ukrainian state must be equipped with the tools necessary to defend itself and the region against Russian aggression,” the lawmakers wrote.

“We do, however, need more weapons to be able to defend ourselves. Everything counts, from ammunition to medical equipment, but we are in particular need of air and missile defenses."

Source: NBC News

Some quotes from a month old article ... Adn there's another package already on the way. From the first package, Ukraine received missiles and ammunition and some defensive weapons, but mostly the ones that can be used to attack, not defend. So, yeah .. you are right. I have to prove something that some users wrote from their opinion, do I? You can also check official sources. Will be much easier for you. The forum truth is just an opinion, not the real truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ryabkov and Gatilov brief media following Russia-US strategic talks in Geneva

January 10, 2022

14:45 - Briefing start.

Russian Deputy FM Grushko speaks following NATO-Russia meeting

January 12, 2022

28:50 - Briefing start.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Russia did say to West/NATO that they have their own version of a red flag.

Are western NGOs trying to pull a regime change in Kazakhstan? poking the bear?

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: baburak

You can assume that NATO/US had given those weapons to some right wing groups as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Give us three days and we know exactly why Russian Spets are poking heads.

Things are heating up though. Both in the US, EU, Asia and the Asia/EU border all of a sudden.
I will depart tomorrow for interrogations in vicinity of a FOB inside Donbass.
Expect returns on intel.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   

A senior U.S. official and a former U.S. official confirmed to NBC News late Friday that the Biden administration is considering arming Ukrainian insurgents who would in essence fight a guerilla war against Russian forces if Putin invades Ukraine.

Source: CNBC

So, defence weapons only, huh? Not even close to truth as US is considering arming insurgents (radical right nazi groups). So why TF is US not only medling in Europe, US is actively working on starting a war in Europe, Balkans being the second front.
edit on 16-1-2022 by baburak because: added source

edit on 16-1-2022 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Where's RT at?
I'm sure many of us here would like to hear his take on things.

He's been M.I.A. since January 6th....the longest I can recall him being quiet.
I wonder why?

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Whose RT?

He's been M.I.A

I will say it again i am not him. Or them.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: baburak

Remember what happened the last when NATO armed insurgents? how did the current Syria turn out?

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s answer to a media question, Moscow, January 27, 2022

27 January 2022 12:42

Question:

You have received the Americans’ response to Russia’s security guarantee proposals. What does it say? What is their reaction? Antony Blinken has said that they are against releasing the document publicly. What has Russia decided on this score?

Sergey Lavrov:

I believe that the general public will know the essence of this document soon. As our American colleagues have said, although they would like to keep this document confidential so as to provide space for confidential talks, they have coordinated it with their allies and with Ukraine. Are they sure that it will not be leaked very soon?

As for the essence of the document, the responses offer grounds for serious talks only on matters of secondary importance. There is no positive response to the main issue, which is our clear stand on the continued NATO enlargement towards the east and the deployment of strike weapons that can pose a threat to the territory of the Russian Federation, which we consider unacceptable.
Other than that, we are analysing the Americans’ response. As Antony Blinken has said, they have coordinated it with Ukraine and with the other Western countries, with US allies. We have also received NATO’s response from Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. We are analysing these two documents as a package, because they have been provided in response to the draft treaty and draft agreement we proposed in December 2021. After an inter-agency coordination of our conclusions, we will submit them to President Vladimir Putin, who will make a decision on our further actions.

mid.ru...

posted on Jan, 28 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Russian FM Sergey Lavrov gives interview amid Ukraine tensions

January 28, 2022

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join