It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Debate Please - Why do you refuse to wear a mask?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Karen657

That's your call. I've got no problem with it. it is when masks are forced upon me that I have an issue with it.

If I see someone with a mask I'll also give them some distance if possible.
edit on 31-12-2021 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

It’s interesting you say that.
This is the first time in history that you can legally enter a bank with a mask on.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I wear a mask if it is required, grocery store, barber shop, etc. I take it off whenever I can.

One of the primary reasons is that it fogs my glasses.

Since this began, I've known two people whose deaths have been attributed to Covid. Both older gentlemen, in their upper 80s, and very good long time friends.

I've known many people who have been diagnosed with Covid. The latest, my best friend, is current with all his boosters. His wife, a nurse, sees to that. He was told he contracted it around Christmas day. I was at his house on Christmas, and probably the only unvaccinated person there. I feel fine. In fact, since this whole thing started, I haven't, to the best of my knowledge, had Covid, a cold, a flu, or even a 24 hr bug.

I depend on my immune system. So far, it hasn't let me down. If and when it does, well, that's just plain natural selection. I've already lived longer than I expected to.

Of course, there are times when I will voluntarily wear a mask. Sanding drywall, painting, sawing, etc. In those cases, the masks I choose are pretty effective for the task. But you won't see me alone in a car with the windows up wearing a mask.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I've noticed. Not most people but quite a few do.
I figure they're old enough to make that decision.
Or they're not smart which ya can't fix.
I've never confronted anyone regarding masks.
I keep to myself in most matters.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AverageWang

They become petri dishes for respiratory bacteria and viruses over time.

Exactly. If you're not thoroughly washing your hands every time you take off or put on the mask you are simply pressing a petri dish against your face.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I've known people both with and without vaccines who have gotten COVID. The one who suffered the worst and needed to go to the hospital was my cousin. He was unvaxxed, but he let himself get dehydrated. He's a heavy beer drinker, and I can bet I know what he was doing instead of taking responsible care of himself while ill - drinking beer. Once he was rehydrated, they sent him home.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AverageWang Does not work really. Reeks of compliance BS.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karen657
a reply to: ketsuko
I've noticed. Not most people but quite a few do.
I figure they're old enough to make that decision.
Or they're not smart which ya can't fix.
I've never confronted anyone regarding masks.
I keep to myself in most matters.

I figure that if that's the way most people are wearing their masks, then most people are really technically going unmasked, so I just don't bother.

Like I said, I will if it's required, but if the choice is mine, I don't.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Let me ask you this: Did you wear a mask everywhere you went before Covid to protect other people who might be immunocompromised or ill?
I'd seriously recommend thinking long and hard about that question.

As for why I don't wear a mask: Because I choose not to, and that's the only reason I need.
edit on 12/31/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/31/2021 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko I know three and hear of more that are vac and have it.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
In public building where I will get thrown out or fined if I do not wear one...I wear one, but I will rip them off my face the second my head passes the door line on my way out.

Some of these masks, and I am tired finding out by trial, give me rashes from the glue or something else inside it. My skin is not used to a lot of artificial stuff and cremes, it's a temple.

I will also vividly remember the shops that opted for mandated vaccine proof for entering, they won't see a single cent in the future obviously anyways but if they ever decide to serve the underclass again, I rather drive 50km elsewhere and blow a lot of electricity / fuel, that's what they signal me to do.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Because appeasing tyrants only leads to more tyrannical moves, even rebelling against trivialities becomes of great importance.

You give an inch, they take a two weeks to flatten the curve.

Never, NEVER appease tyranny. Ever. It doesn't end well.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Which is smaller: dust particles or virus particles?
The masks in use at the facilities I work at, and some are government, are non medical dust masks. If they don't use the masks themselves they are wearing designer cloth masks.
It seems very much for show. "You gotta wear something on your face, anything"

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What is there even to debate about wearing a dust mask for a virus?
I wear heavier gear spraying latex paint.

More importantly op, have you ever read Faucis paper on the effects masks have on health?

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Because I got constitutional rights, and believe in them

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Because the entire premise is stupid, ineffective and unscientific.

I am not an idiot. I am not a sheep. I am not a mindless zombie or a submissive serf. If someone wants me to do something, there had damn well better be a sound reason behind it.

The moment that people begin to mindlessly obey the dictates of those in power is the moment we lose our humanity. It is the moment that the gas chambers open for business.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Suffocation. You nor anyone else can tell me how wearing a mask effects my breathing capacity (lack thereof). Not saying this in a dickly manner. Just saying it matter of factly because there’s always a horde of someone’s who will tell me how it doesn’t effect them or it’s not a big deal for them. That somehow equates to ‘no effect on me so no effect on you’. Peace.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have to at work. Otherwise I don't. I live in a town that isn't batsheet crazy and scared.
edit on 31-12-2021 by Lebanon808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If you wear a mask then the governments facial recognition software doesn't' work. People who don't wear a mask a missing out on being truly anonymous.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: ketsuko I know three and hear of more that are vac and have it.

I think we've reached the point where it doesn't really matter if you are or aren't. I think the virus has mutated to the point where the vaccine really doesn't do what it was designed to do very well, if at all. It's like the annual flu vaccine in that it only really worked when you were talking about the strain it was designed against, but COVID is too mutable, like the common cold which is really a whole host of viruses, some of which are actually other coronaviruses.

There's a reason why no one has cured the cold. It just mutates too readily, so we let our immune systems deal with it. I think that's also the answer here, and I think with omicron, we're reached the point where that's really what needs to happen. We just need to admit COVID to the seasonal pantheon of "that crud that's going around" and be done with it.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join