It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Cops Walk out in this city Now Residents are scared

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Reading that story at KOIN makes me wonder if, once started, this is a trend that can actually be reversed? I doubt it. Nationwide, Cops know where the "bad" places to work are. They know the cities where the DA doesn't have their back and where the Department is more concerned with Diversity, Equity and INclusion than actual police work. They aren't going to return to those cities and recent graduates will avoid those cities like the plague.

What with the recent upsurge in "smash and grap" robberies in California, I am coming to believe we are witnessing the first stages of a collapse of civil society on the West Coast.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Our town has only one street lights, center of the town is actually small but all area is 13 096 acres so quite big. Enough people to get city status but we do not want as it means more taxing.
Nearest city is about 14 miles away so you can drive that in 20 minutes if you need something you don´t have in local stores. Nearest city also wants to add our town in it.. so far it has been no votes in here. City close to us has added pretty much every other towns in it so basicly it sourrounds us from everywhere.. so we are like Vatican

Sounds like we live in the same place.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Are their really zero cops patrolling that town now?

If so,its not great that they announed the fact-I would not like to be working in a bank or anywhere they deal with lots of cash/high value items in that town now.
What an opportunity for the criminal element!

I've probably watched too many heist movies.

Any population of people in a state is policed by the County Sheriff first (everyone else next). So, if a municipality dissolves itself it doesn't matter because the County Sheriff already had jurisdiction.

Don't even get me started on State Police. They don't really have any jurisdiction anywhere, but everyone thinks they have jurisdiction everywhere. In most states the County Sheriff outranks the State Police commander in his respective County. Federal agencies are yet another layer of BS.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Probably quit due to mandatory jabs, no? Coupled with antagonism towards cops.

They probably quit because of those Duke boys...

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I hope the city has a hard time finding replacements. If even a majority of the cops quit, it is because of some stupid action of the ones running the city. The vast majority of cops around here are good people, but the job does attract some people who like to bully others or are very strong Alphas. Usually about half of a police force are real good people, another thirty percent are sort of headstrong and overzealous at times. Then the last twenty percent can be overly assertive and abuse their power to some extent, but of that twenty percent only maybe a tenth of them are opinionated power hungry jerks. I have known some of those and even their fellow cops complain about those jerks in the presence of friends they can trust. They tend to stick together though, protecting one another is critical in their line of work. Even that jerk will help out his fellow officers and often their presence is beneficial on the job. You do not want your fellow officer being afraid and running away from a gunfight or fight with a person committing a crime. No wimps should be allowed on the police force out on the street.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I don't see the issue......

You dont see the issue. And then you type:

Maybe she should get a gun, set some traps, chickens are actually pretty good guard animals. If you can't secure it yourself, then plan to lose it.

You dont see the issue.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
With only four police comprising the entire force, I wonder if the town will even notice they're gone.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Police shouldn't be there to act as revenue generators. The gives them incentive to give unnecessary tickets. This puts a strain on people financially and socially.

It was a joke.

It would be funny if it weren't true. Florida is absolutely horrible for this. No state tax so they use cops as revenue generators and hike up every fee they can such as $100 replacement car title, $85 replacement license, insane ticket costs etc.

I agree with partially defunding police in many areas and using the money saved for stricter standards in their training.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Looks like I was correct in this person's case.

You're always correct we should all just worship every word.

Who dares to doubt your wisdom.

Call me a rebel

edit on 8-12-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

edit on Wed Dec 8 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

People are highly predicable in their behaviors and what motivates them.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Have you seen this article from September 11, 2021?

Seems to be a trend in MO. Apparently these guys quit because of pay and resources. So what does that mean to me. Reading between the lines they are being threatened. Probably by drug cartels or other. So to save their life they just left.

Five Missouri police officers who made up an entire department quit their jobs over pay and staffing

The entire police department of Kimberling City, Missouri, have resigned from their positions citing pay and resources, according to local media. Bob Fritz, the mayor of Kimberling City, a city of about 2600 people in the state's south, called the exodus "unexpected and the short notice disappointing," KY3 reported. The department consisted of five officers, including the chief of police, whose resignations will take effect in the "next few weeks," KY3 reported.

edit on 9-12-2021 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Plus this back in October 2020:

3 out of 4 Winfield Police Department employees resign

WINFIELD, Mo. – The city of Winfield will soon have a police department of one. The Winfield Police Department has four employees, and all but one has resigned. Winfield residents say they had no idea they were about to be left with no real police department. The police chief, sergeant, and one officer have quit. The chief posted his resignation to Facebook on Sept. 21. “It has been an honor to serve this community as your chief of police and I will truly miss serving the community in this capacity. But unfortunately what is right is not always the easy decision,” said the former police chief in the post. The chief couldn’t comment on why he and others were resigning because he is technically still an employee of the city until his two weeks are up on Oct. 15. Sgt. Moore is one of the other officers who resigned, and his last day is Friday. The city of Winfield welcomed him to the police department less than two weeks ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

I don't see the issue......

You dont see the issue. And then you type:

Maybe she should get a gun, set some traps, chickens are actually pretty good guard animals. If you can't secure it yourself, then plan to lose it.

You dont see the issue.

Then please, help me see better.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Sorry, but where I live people fear the police more than random unorginized criminals.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
No kidding, the number 1 cause of crime is hunger, then it’s shelter, the first to shelter your naked body, clothes. Then a home, once acquired, it’s social standing within the herd to mate and have offspring because that’s what they are taught is that they are animals, it’s a disgusting 🤮 life, devoid of pleasure, after that clothes is no longer shelter, but status to display they have money and can take a girl around the world screwing, and eating in restaurants, all this is acquired thru cash, which causes an “acceptable” delusion everyone “agrees” to, poverty, the devoid of cash to acquire all this and have a beautiful woman to mate with, leads to crime, or a sloppy smelly 1 rm apt, and if you are lucky, you marry your fast food co worker, a morbidly obese African woman and have kids in a 1 bed room apt, on your McDonald’s salary, because you don’t want to sell a white powdery substance so 20 yr olds can have a good time at a club, oh well, it’s back to microwaving burgers, what can be worse, how about being disabled in Toronto and starving to death on $800 a month, one family squabble onto the streets or alone in public housing starving, without enough for cable, internet, phone, furniture, clothes, 1 step above a homeless man you see squabbling to himself on the streets while people are so greedy and selfish and angry and godless, they think they can do what ever they want, with no accountability, and the guy selling a white powdery substance so he can have a nice house and a beautiful wife and kids, may not effect you in any way, but the guy who does give a # and thinks God is full of crap and does whatever he wants, is why civilization needs the Second Coming of Christ, now, not tomorrow or yesterday, before Satan sets up the world for Armegeddon, as the Chinese want to expand and Russia looks tasty. But then they’ll say the us is even tastier, once they are gone, the rest of the world is easy pickings, that’s satana, whispering in peoples ears. Amen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join