It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Cops Walk out in this city Now Residents are scared

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Wow, money, go figure.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Its not what you you its how you do it. This is like afghanastan. you can't just pull out because thats what peoole want, you should do it slowly. So i hope you not one that complainex about afghanstan than says stop complaining about this.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wow, money, go figure.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm Criminals should be afraid as most civilians will just shoot first ask later.

edit on 8-12-2021 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Orrick, Missouri has a small population... having a police department would be unnecessary unless they are into The Andy Griffith Show!

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It's not giving a reason why all two full time cops quit. Is there any more info?

This is a small town, with a few full time and part time police, but this is happening in so many places.

Have Gomer and Goober started looting the local Louis Vuitton store yet?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It’s funny when it’s a small town, but not so funny when it’s your town.

The writing is on the wall and we are going to see a lot more of this.

Maybe we will have Robo cop soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Cops Very seldom protect any one unless it's a continuing event.
When seconds count, the police will be there in minutes.

Best protection is a 12Ga and the 2nd.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Where I live there are a ton of small communities that have their own police. None have any full time officers. They share from a pool that works the different precincts. Where I work is a small town about 30 minutes from where I live. I've seen the same officers working in both communities. Lucky for me, where I work gives me an opportunity to have a reputation built that benefits me where i work, but that aside...why do they not so similar for this community? It seems inefficient to hire an entire department in such a small scale, especially when you consider things like benefits and other PTEB costs.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
home prices go from 100K to 200K in a 2 year period
and income doesn't
neither of which impedes the natural desire to find a mate and reproduce

if you can't afford to pay em
they will simply get jobs at McDonald's

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Banks are federal offences it's the FBI that will hunt you down. Plus tellers are great a keep excessive cash in safes so the average take is less than two grand. And federal time you serve 80% of your time.

Please don't do a crime but if you do, fast food will likely have a better take and less prison time.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Just 900 people living there.

Where i live there is 19 000 and we don´t have police department in our town either. Our small police department ( only few officers ) here was closed almost 20 years ago. When needed next city police gives help but there is not so much crime here either ( reason why it was closed ) usually they are needed when there is a traffic accidents.

Hubby just corrected me here is 23 000 ppl.

I live in a unincorporated area. None of the local police departments would serve us. We ended up falling under the service of the county. Of course that may mean that it might take a day of two for anyone to show up, depending on what kind of call it is.

Towns smaller than Mayberry, don't usually have a lot of crime. If something goes down, who did it, and where to find them, is as easy as asking any local on the street, that is over five years old.

The locals know everyone in town, including the names of their pets and even the names of some of their livestock.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well for a start I'd tell Mr Kevin Baldwin to get his head out of his ass. He aint a city attorney cos it aint a city it's a TOWN. Now forgive me for my ignorance as I'm from the UK , but I thought you had Sheriffs (voted in by the people) and deputies in small towns (which Orrick is) to police the town?

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Our town has only one street lights, center of the town is actually small but all area is 13 096 acres so quite big. Enough people to get city status but we do not want as it means more taxing.
Nearest city is about 14 miles away so you can drive that in 20 minutes if you need something you don´t have in local stores. Nearest city also wants to add our town in it.. so far it has been no votes in here. City close to us has added pretty much every other towns in it so basicly it sourrounds us from everywhere.. so we are like Vatican

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Oh man, all both of them quit?

Where's the speed trap money gonna come from?

Maybe they should have set one up prior to quitting, it would have helped to have revenue so you can ask for a raise.

Police shouldn't be there to act as revenue generators. The gives them incentive to give unnecessary tickets. This puts a strain on people financially and socially.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Now forgive me for my ignorance as I'm from the UK , but I thought you had Sheriffs (voted in by the people) and deputies in small towns (which Orrick is) to police the town?

Sheriffs are almost always elected county positions.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We don't have a police department in my town or the one next over or the tows surrounding. State troopers take care of us in the towns. A couple of the bigger towns have a constable.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
A lot of them also don’t get paid crap. In some cases they might be able to make more in fast food right now.

The local police departments around here pay pretty well (South Central PA). I just saw one advertising for open positions starting at $63k with amazing benefits. I'm actually considering seeing about getting into one myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Police shouldn't be there to act as revenue generators. The gives them incentive to give unnecessary tickets. This puts a strain on people financially and socially.

It was a joke.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Probably quit due to mandatory jabs, no? Coupled with antagonism towards cops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join