It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pendulum has swung on Feminism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

False.

I think the reason people are so depressed is the carrot on the stick doesn't hold sway in an instant gratification culture.

Two very different paradigms that the human brain can't rectify.

You may say, "then find something challenging to do."

If that challenge isn't instantly gratified, its not worth pursuing.

See the conundrum?

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

edit on 5-12-2021 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

I believe in letting people live the way they want if its consenting adults all around and they stay away from influencing kids.

I dont see why I should pay for it in taxes, insurance premiums or in sharing womens bathrooms and sports, scholarships etc. Nor change my natural way of speaking and accepting twisted language.

Live and let live, but you best leave me alone and out of it!
edit on 12/5/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterTheGoldRush
I have never heard such man-pleasing, hand maidening "look at me I am a cool girl boys' pandering. Yuck. a reply to: JAGStorm

Well my, my, you might as well just lug around that big-ass flashing neon arrow sign that says "I RESEMBLE THAT COMMENT INTIMATELY!!!"

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Agreed, and parents should demand every right to determine school curriculum and bathroom policy.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I have never heard such man-pleasing, hand maidening "look at me I am a cool girl boys' pandering. Yuck. a reply to: JAGStorm

Not raising a boy are you?

Let me tell you. They aren't little girls and should not be raised like they are. It's perfectly natural for them to want more active play and to gravitate toward action stuff, even *gasP8 stuff that contains violence. The key is to teach them how to control that impulse and the boundaries of appropriate not to tell them they are sick and wrong for it - toxic.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I hate to say it Jag but it may be too late. Too many men are jaded. Too many young men are 'turned' against their own sexuality and male characteristics to just flip a switch and be 'back to normal'. Add that to all the Covid restrictions and regulations, I fear there will be a great many more rapes and murders of women than in the past. Look at the Middle East and the massive rapes in areas like that. When you hide and suppress ones natural behaviors, people can turn into monsters. A victim themselves of all types of oppression. I feel sorry for many young men today. They literally are trapped in a closet. A closet of missing identity, loss of natural testosterone and fear of being themselves. Fear of humiliation and rejection for simply being male.

Let's face it. With all the 'isms' now a-days, men, especially white men have it the worst in our woke society.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This behavior of pandering to men and what men want to hear from women, "I am cool with the patriarchy, please allow me a high place within the hierarchy' is pretty common with women who think if they cant beat the patriarchy, they have to join it. It is letting down their sisters, and themselves. Forcing women into a 'comply with stereotypes that men enjoy and find acceptable or else get stepped on' is really behaving like a handmaiden. I get why women do that, it is a form of fear and weakness. It is not for me. My son is in his late teens, plays sports at a high level and is a decent young man, thanks. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Won't click on tik tok, it's the worlds toilet...
LGBFJB++

For those that don’t want to click. The clips are basically women pining away wondering why men today are so feminine, showing guys with makeup or wearing dresses etc, then they show guys from 80’s and before, regular guys in uniforms, or in suits looking very masculine. It tells me that young ladies are missing something, and they know what they have been missing. Maybe right now it is just superficial as far as looks, but I think it goes much deeper.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

What about let people decide to live their life however they want? This need for conservatives on lecturing people and creating laws about how people should live is beyond dumb.

You are confused (no surprise, all radical leftist wing-nuts are confused). The vast majority of conservatives couldn't care less how other people live their lives.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This behavior of pandering to men and what men want to hear from women, "I am cool with the patriarchy, please allow me a high place within the hierarchy' is pretty common with women who think if they cant beat the patriarchy, they have to join it. It is letting down their sisters, and themselves. Forcing women into a 'comply with stereotypes that men enjoy and find acceptable or else get stepped on' is really behaving like a handmaiden. I get why women do that, it is a form of fear and weakness. It is not for me. My son is in his late teens, plays sports at a high level and is a decent young man, thanks. a reply to: ketsuko

So if I don’t believe exactly how you believe I must be under some masculine thumb? How very sexist of you.

You have fallen for the biggest trick of them all.

The people that are letting our sister down are the ones the are pushing this insanity that men should look, act, behave like women when that is not their natural form.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You are so right.

I raised my children with no government help. As a single mother, that ment sometimes working two jobs, I was lucky enough to live near my mother who would babysit some times. I didn't have a college degree or that debt. I had a six week course in soldering and electronics, which opened doors for me. My feelings are that if I could make myself a success, and my children grew up to be responsible adults, people now can raise their own kids, Don't expect tax payers to foot the job for their decision to have children.

edit on 5-12-2021 by justdust because: i still can't spell

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Is the father still around?

a reply to: AfterTheGoldRush

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Everything goes in cycles, including the feminist movement.

Yup, and just like women and cycles you'll get your times of normalcy followed by times of sheer lunacy.

Good analogy.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterTheGoldRush

Boy you are a number.

You must have zero healthy relationships with any men.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
actually no, Ive a great relationship with my son and have many male friends. My business partner is male and we get on great. because he isn't a misogynistic pos. Decent men dont want a doormat. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
None of your business. a reply to: Athetos

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
People dont have to behave in a way that makes YOU comfortable. You do YOU. Let other people be themselves. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Please define the parameters of what you consider "the patriarchy".

Also, what does it mean, exactly, to "beat it"?

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

People dont have to behave in a way that makes YOU comfortable. You do YOU. Let other people be themselves. a reply to: JAGStorm

Oh the irony.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join