It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of Oxford shooter on the run

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Midnite247

It depends.
Ultimately, I feel the burden lies on parental guidance.
But I was brought up 180 degrees differently than what its like today.

My children have been brought up in a similar fashion, but not exactly.

When it comes down to it, if one of my kids did something like this, I would feel the guilt for it and wonder where I went wrong.
Even if there was ZERO indication or signs or this type of behavior coming to surface.
Ultimately I would ask for the blame.
And that also comes down to the fact that a parent will always love their child.
To most parents, their children are always the best kids, who can do no wrong.
Im no different.

edit on 5-12-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It doesn’t make sense why they refused to take him home that day. I can also see how their actions were negligent in that they didn’t bother to positively and immediately account for the gun’s whereabouts after they became aware of the issues. And of course his mother’s “Don’t do it” Text Message does indicate they had at least some awareness of the risk because in my own mind, the only Text I would have sent my girls is “What’s going on Are you guys ok???” Not “Don’t do it!”

I don’t think removing him at the request of the school would have been unlawful. If I may correct my poorly worded past post, I was only meaning to point out that the school itself usually has more latitude…more of a right…to remove a student from school than even the parents. That if they are concerned to the point of asking them to take him home and take him to counseling, that they must have felt a threat existed too. Like the Mother’s Text message, their actions also indicate an awareness of a threat or at least that a volatile situation is developing and requires intervention. But unlike parents, they are expected to be impartial and objective as they have custody of hundreds or thousands of children during the school day. Personally, if I were in that situation as the school administrator, I am notifying law enforcement, he is expelled pending an investigation and his person, Book Bag, locker and vehicle (if present) are being searched for weapons

You are right about giving parents a long rope. I tend to do the same thing and maybe too much so. I know if I were in their shoes I would not want to believe it until something terrible happened, and then I’d spend the rest of my life blaming myself for it. I absolutely agree with that. I can’t imagine raising my kids in this day and age and my are only in their early 20s, you got so many family with both parents working, and many teens are withdrawn or act unusually and spend a lot of time alone or in their room, I can at least see how they could have potentially missed all the signs up to that point they were called down to the school

The ammo thing…no big deal. But the drawing especially is a red flag. At that point it’s almost like they either buried their heads in the sand (not my son, he is perfect!) or we’re overwhelmed but that’s no excuse. They absolutely should have taken him home with them. They should have answered his cry for help with professional assistance. But even when they failed him in that school, the administration should’ve had the sense to put their foot down and take immediate action to protect the individuals in their custody. Should’ve said well since you won’t do what needs done, he is expelled until released by a psych evaluation

But you’re right, their failure to immediately say “I need to know where the gun is immediately” does seem to rise to negligence. There really isn’t anything you said I disagree with here

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Per Fox News, breaking, new questions begin to emerge questioning the timeline given by the school

Not only were they negligent, sounds like they may be attempting to cover up their liability and just how much they let everyone down. Of course the teachers unions only care about protecting their members, not being accountable to the truth or justice, caring only about protecting their own and minimizing their obvious liability

Typical. Just like the ones that covered up sexual assault and lied about indoctrination with CRT

These public schools, their unions and their lackeys cannot be trusted. They have show they will always do wrong by average Americans, and when you dare to hold them accountable they run to their precious government and call parents domestic terrorists

Abolish public schools and using public funding for any aspect of colleges/student loans will solve the vast majority of our problems and prevent further corruption of generation after generation as the indoctrinated become the teachers and leaders.

I’d be my life savings they are not held accountable by this DA. No doubt they donated to her campaign

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

“At no time did counselors believe the student might harm others based on his behavior, responses and demeanor, which appeared calm,” Throne said.

“While both of his parents were present, counselors asked specific probing questions regarding the potential for self-harm or harm to others,” Throne said, adding counseling was recommended for him, and his parents were notified that they had 48 hours to seek it. “When the parents were asked to take their son home for the day, they flatly refused and left without their son, apparently to return to work.”

As I suspected, refused to take him home because they had to return to work. Unlike those coastal elites, we can't afford to miss work. Regardless, an expulsion on the spot would have given them no choice.

Oxford Community Schools Superintendent Tim Throne said he called for the third-party probe because parents have raised questions about "the school's version of events" regarding the Tuesday shooting, which left four students dead and six other students and a teacher wounded.

Sadly the third party appears to be Whitmer's lackey, Nessel. So any hopes of a truly transparent and unbiased investigation is a joke.

www.msn.com...

Lets see what professionals have to say.

“The school should have been responsible to relay that to the sheriff’s office. It looks like this could have been prevented,” Robert Jordan, founder and director of St. Louis-based Protecting Our Students, said Friday. “People died because of those mistakes.”

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

OK, I can agree with all that. I know it's scary to think that a parent can be charged as severely as these are, and to be honest, I worry myself that this could become a slippery slope to charging parents on a more regular basis. My feeling about charging these parents only applies to this case; in no way do I think parents should be charged simply for making a bad decision or because their kid happens to have a rebellious streak.

The "Don't do it!" text may not be quite as bad as it initially sounds, but it is bad enough. I can see the parents getting home, puttering around for a while, then discovering the gun is missing. It's pretty obvious the gun's location wasn't a top priority, until they discovered it missing. I see the timing as CYA... the text from the mother a desperate attempt to stop what they just realized was about to happen (had actually already happened) and the father's cal to 911 an attempt to show that they did something to try and stop it when the text failed.

But in any case, both actions show a realization of the seriousness of their actions. That will likely be damning in front of a jury, especially when combined with the time delay.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

You certainly might be right about that. Maybe the media and police and school administration are telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Or maybe they are not.

It's much to early to tell, but right now the narrative in the MSM is fairly similar to the narratives of Parkland High School and Sandy Hook.

Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The parents bought him a gun. They knew he was disturbed.

Are you aware of these 2 facts?

My youngest has issues as well. Im familiar with this subject matter.

So far, those "facts" you repeat are merely elements of a narrative told by groups of what might easily be called "known liars". That is, a school administration that might very easily be teaching CRT, in Michigan where the FBI set up a false flag about the governor being attacked, a possibly corrupted police organization, and the MSM, pathological liars.

The incessant repetition by the media of falsehoods does not make them become true.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If these parents are being charged why is every crime committed by a minor not bringing charges against the parents? The only thing here that is being pushed is....a gun.

There are hundreds of shootings a week in Chicago and no parents are charged where many of the shooters are minors.

From what I have read the gun was locked up. The child took it. Would not be the first time and will not be the last. I am not defending anyone either.

The school, if anyone, is at fault here. Why would they have a meeting and NOT check his backpack or locker?????

This is becoming politicized so no one talks about the 'SUV' attack.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Agreed TR!! That was my concern as well, that parents will either start getting charged every time their kids do what kids to (make mistakes and learn). Of course that doesn’t apply here, he killed 4 people and injured even more, traumatized hundreds so if there ever was a case where looking into outside circumstances made sense it is one like this

I am thinking they were negligent, it does seem like the involuntary charge does make sense in that context. As someone else pointed out (or maybe it was you!) they aren’t charged for the murder, just negligence that lead to deaths

If the parents had done just a little more a little earlier, I’d be inclined to say they are victims here too. And of course in some ways the parents are, I just can’t imagine. Knowing you bought the gun, however legal and normal that is, I couldn’t live with myself. I’d feel as though I personally ruined my child’s life and the lives of countless others. Nightmarish!

I guess when it comes to parents, I might be a little too easy on them it’s just…I know how it feels to have a kid that doesn’t want to listen, the more you try the more they want to push away, and it’s just that time of their life I guess. My youngest had some real “special” boyfriends in school, and a few I couldn’t really stand, but I knew I had to let her make her own mistakes the same way we all did. It’s hard to do, knowing some tough life lessons are in the works. The mind of a 14/15/16 year old is just so radically different, I guess I give them too much slack too

When I first read all this…my thoughts were Michigan here we go another gambit by Whitaker, Nessel, and so forth but after putting my own biases aside I can see there’s a good case to be made for negligence against the parents and IMO the school as well

If they had only taken him home, taken him to counseling and/or worked to immediately locate that Sig 9MM I’d say they are clean from a criminal perspective. But they didn’t, they had chance after chance to stop this and they let it go. The school too, at least 4 chances to stop it and now it comes out of their timeline is not adding up

I appreciate your reply. And I am sorry you had to take so much time to make this case, for what it’s worth I can see I was mistaken in my initial belief 🍺

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Hey, I got two kids of my own (grown now). I'm right there with you! If these parents had done anything... anything... to even make it look like they wanted to even try to prevent this tragedy, I would be defending them to the hilt!

But... they didn't. Even when faced with the evidence directly, even when forced to come to the school, they ignored every warning sign. Every. Single. One.

I actually feel a pang of sympathy for the shooter. Not enough to absolve him of course... he needs to go away for a very, very, very long time... but because he had a chance to go a different path, had he only had parents who gave a damn. His life is over too.

Trust you me, if this becomes a movement to hold all parents accountable for the actions of a child they are trying to control, I will be right there beside you on the front lines to oppose it with everything I have got.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

So who's to say this school isn't fictitious? Is the gun even real? Are there such things as guns even? Do people ever actually die?

Maybe Martians invaded Manhattan and they're actually holding Cuomo hostage in return for a bag of bananas because they don't grow on Mars? And this is how badly the MSM reported it.

You are so far out there, you can't possibly know what's going on. If there is nothing to be believed there is no story. So why do you even care?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There is just something not sitting right about this whole case. I mean, again, it is as if it was allowed to happen by the school administration. Why does this happen so often? Obvious signs.

The one thing I just cannot get over is that no one searched his back pack or locker after that meeting.

This is another slippery slope with arresting both the parents.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

edit on 12/6/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
God speed to these parents, America has fallen if it means that parents get held responsible for their childrens actions when they had no forethought nor ab bedded the crime.

Buying someone a gun for a different reason, just because it was used in a crime, is not unlawful. Unless the parents knew what he would use it for. With that thinking, every gun manufacturer, every car dealer, every rope manufacturer should also be held liable for creating weapons that can do harm.

No? It doesn't work that way? Oh... The only ones who have a responsibility to provide a safe enviorment for students is the faculty, not the parents who are not present during/at school hours.

Unless the parents had fore-knowledge of the crime and intended for it to happen, I just see a tyrannical government and corrupt judicial system. But tell me less. How the rich get off (like Baldwin who's walking around free right now) and the plebs suffer the consequences of their actions.

There's no more respectable life form on this Earth than the plebeian.

If this is the road we're going to go down, I will DEMAND Pfizer/J&J be held responsible for their product which they intentionally and fore willingly gave to the public. At the very least, I'll take an indictment of Cuomo for giving immunity to retirement homes back in March 2020 then proceeded to kill everyone in the following months in said homes.
edit on 6-12-2021 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

LOL, it sounds like you were one of those people who bought into the WMD claim by the Bush Administration, if you're old enough to remember that.

Yes, the WMD that nobody could find.

Government do make stories up, in case you don't know, and in gun control matters they've staged events all over the country to advance that agenda.

This story resembles previous efforts in many ways.

The funny part is how the public has consumed the story without any questions at all. Funny sad.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Wow. I'll be sure to tell my friend that her son really didn't see these kids shot in the face and that the funerals they attend are not real. So, like the "victims" who "died" just go into hiding without their families? Even though they are as young as 14? Please explain how it works.

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Of course not. They were in Syria. We have pictures of the convoys moving them. It just didn't fit the media narrative.

All in ways that do not support a conspiracy.

It's one thing to watch to see if there's an ulterior motive; it's quite another to ignore evidence as it suits a particular theory. You're making a theory and cherry picking what evidence you want to believe to support it. That's wrong; the evidence creates the theory, not the theory determining the evidence.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Of course not. They were in Syria. We have pictures of the convoys moving them. It just didn't fit the media narrative.

All in ways that do not support a conspiracy.

It's one thing to watch to see if there's an ulterior motive; it's quite another to ignore evidence as it suits a particular theory. You're making a theory and cherry picking what evidence you want to believe to support it. That's wrong; the evidence creates the theory, not the theory determining the evidence.

TheRedneck

So now cooler heads prevail..
It’s a horrible situation all round
As a parent of the shooter would u cover u kid? 💯 you would
As a parent of the victim would you want him dead? 💯 you would.
I hope none of us are ever in that position were we ever have to make that decision .
I hope I never have to make the decision those parents made
And I hope I never have to go through what those victims parents went thru.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join