It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of Oxford shooter on the run

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As a rule I loathe all prosecutors. They are the epitome of evil in this nation. That said, these people absolutely need some serious punishment. Their carelessness and arrogance cost lives. It's going to make them the perfect example of yet another anti 2nd amendment round.
edit on 3-12-2021 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Our govenor already faces an uphill battle next year.

Messing with the 2A in Michigan will be the end of her office tenure.

However that doesn't stop a national outcry.

I can't imagine anyone not being in favor of making parents responsible if their underage children take their gun to school and start shooting. I wouldn't think that would be a hard sell to voters? Where are the holes in the logic?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Kid takes your car keys and runs over people, parents responsible?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWS1969
Kid takes your car keys and runs over people, parents responsible?

Depends on the circumstances.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: detroitnative

If only that were to be the argument.

I'm doubting it, they'll likely go full retard like they do whenever they are able.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TWS1969

If they bought you the car and let you drive it underage and without a license, then they should be partially responsible, the same way the mom was so happy to post about her mom/ son day with his Christmas present new gun.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

This I agree with, but not a blanket statement that parents are fully responsible for what their kids do

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I can't imagine anyone not being in favor of making parents responsible if their underage children take their gun to school and start shooting. I wouldn't think that would be a hard sell to voters? Where are the holes in the logic?

Hmmmmm... Not addressing this particular situation, but generally speaking...

A parent's culpability and liability should rest upon their own actions, and if they were reckless or negligent or irresponsible in the handling and safekeeping of their firearms.

If the parents took all proper precautions to the best of their knowledge and ability, then there should be no culpability or liability on their part, criminal or civil.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree with that 100%.

But in this instance, from the sounds of everything, that wasn’t the case.
It’s seems as though a combination of the parents denial that anything could be wrong with their child, and negligent actions with the gun, is what led to this.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: detroitnative

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Our govenor already faces an uphill battle next year.

Messing with the 2A in Michigan will be the end of her office tenure.

However that doesn't stop a national outcry.

Why don't we let the evidence decide, each case is different, some kids are on the streets at 14-15 what if some hood hooks them up with a gun, completely unbeknownst to his parents? What about custodial parents? what if some jack weed Mommy's boyfriend gets them a gun. Do all 4 get it, or just the "parents"

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Hmmmmm... Not addressing this particular situation, but generally speaking...

A parent's culpability and liability should rest upon their own actions, and if they were reckless or negligent or irresponsible in the handling and safekeeping of their firearms.

If the parents took all proper precautions to the best of their knowledge and ability, then there should be no culpability or liability on their part, criminal or civil.

Stop using that logic.

Already the media is all over this.

Whatever happened to the SUV that ran over people? They did explicitly say SUV and avoided calling the black guy a murderer. It was the SUV.

The media is on fire over this one. They are salivating.

The media gets a Kyle rittenhouse do over
edit on 3-12-2021 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2021 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

They are in a F.B.I. Safehouse in Washington D.C. .

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So why did the kid decide to murder his peers?

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Alec Baldwin and the prop person both should be charged as well for misuse and not properly making sure the prop gun was not loaded. The film company should also be held negligible for allowing a prop gun that can kill people.

Very irresponsible of them.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

PM4U

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree with that 100%.

But in this instance, from the sounds of everything, that wasn’t the case.
It’s seems as though a combination of the parents denial that anything could be wrong with their child, and negligent actions with the gun, is what led to this.

In this case, I definitely tend to agree. At least from what I've read about it all so far. The comment I replied to did not confine itself to just this case though, so that's why I responded to it in general terms rather than these specific circumstances.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Stop using that logic.

Already the media is all over this.

Whatever happened to the SUV that ran over people? They did explicitly say SUV and avoided calling the black guy a murderer. It was the SUV.

The media is on fire over this one. They are salivating.

The media gets a Kyle rittenhouse do over

Whoops! My bad... I should've realized the narrative was already set.

Who the hell do I think I am driving a Mack truck through the holes in their messaging???

I'll back away slowly now...

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh wow.
I just found out Michigan does not have a safe storage law for firearms.

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

So DTM , what are your Personal Thoughts about " All This Then " ? Could the Childs Parents be Hiding some Sinister Truth that has not been Revealed yet , or is it just a Cowinkidink they go on the Lame Right After this Tragic Event > ?

edit on 3-12-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Mentally unstable.
That Kid was showing signs of issues before the incident.
Something about him writing on his desk his life was worthless and drew Pictures of the gun and blood.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join