It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop using the term 'Anti Vaxx'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Anti Vaxx

It's straight out of the government propaganda playbook, just like "conspiracy theorist." It's a term used as a pejorative, meaning it is automatically assumed negative and it gets applied incorrectly.

Not all vaccines are the same, just like cars. If I don't like an old beat up pinto, am I anti-car? Now if I do like a tesla, does that make me pro car? But if I like a tesla and dislike a pinto am I now anti car? This is a logical fallacy.

Most of us have had upwards of 10 if not dozens of vaccines. Many people have gotten flu vaccines. If someone questions an experimental messenger RNA drug because it's so new and untested unlike other drugs that go through 5-10 years of trials, they aren't "anti vaccine". They are logical.

They had to update the literal definition of the word vaccine so it would be inclusive of this new messenger RNA drug. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to apply the term "anti vaxx" correctly. A "vaccine" is something that now "provides protection" instead of the childhood vaccines that allow for immunization against a particular target virus.

If we update the definition of a dog to include cats, does that mean a cat is a dog? No, but by definition it now is. They are both animals, so that's close enough right? No.

You don't sound intelligent when you say "anti vaxx" you sound like sheep that are getting brainwashed by the mainstream media.

edit on 26-11-2021 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Something, something, something ... calling a spade a spade?

+42 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Nice troll attempt, but you didn't read the thread. Your logic doesn't work. Are you telling me you don't like broccoli? Are you anti food??

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Actually it is not a vaccine but an experimental drug that has killed more people than all combined vaccines in the world.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Correct, but I'm trying to focus on the term itself here.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It is a vax, just a new kind.

When the topic of a thread is the covid and/or covid vaccines, it is a given that the term refers to those types and not necessarily others, although there are those who are against these and those.

Much ado about nothing.

edit on 26-11-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Not everyone who choses not to get vaccinated is anti vax .

However its a convenient shorthand for those who post lies, misinformation and completely made bollocks about vaccines.

Since there are plenty of those in this site I will continue to use the term, thanks all the same.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm an anti covid vaxx.

Better? :

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

In other words, you know it's ignorant of you, but you simply don't care.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

'In other words' means to rephrase sonething.

What you said is completely different.

So no.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Nice troll attempt, but you didn't read the thread. Your logic doesn't work. Are you telling me you don't like broccoli? Are you anti food??

It would depend on whether or not you supported other foods, or the concept of food in general.

What's happening now is that public opinion on the anti-vax movement has shifted and there is a lot more social stigma attached to it, so anti-vaxxer are attempting to hide distance themselves from the old schools "Vaccines cause autism" and the mostly African "vaccines sterilize women" crowd, by invoking different fears.

It's the same actual anti-vax movement, just with new sneakers.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I already don't use that term whenever I talk about vaccine holdouts.

(post by ancientlight removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If I have ever used the term 'anti-vax', it had a negative in front of it.
Such as "not anti-vax".

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Anti Vaxx

It's straight out of the government propaganda playbook, just like "conspiracy theorist." It's a term used as a pejorative, meaning it is automatically assumed negative and it gets applied incorrectly.

Not all vaccines are the same, just like cars.

No, they aren't, but...

They are all made by the same lying sacks of decomposing monkey-spunk that are the likes of all of Big Pharma. Every. Single. One.

Why anyone and everyone who has ever trusted themselves - and especially their children - to the wares peddled by these psycopaths is not now questioning everything that these psycopaths have been pushing for decades.

They are liars. They are murderers. Now you know that.

So, why are you still trusting them with anything, let alone the lives of your precious children?

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

What do you expect from a drug pusher?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Anti-vax is a term used to belittle others to make them feel less than/guilty. It is a propagandistic term being used for this pandemic.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Anti Vaxx

Not all vaccines are the same, just like cars.

No, they aren't, but...

They are all made by the same lying sacks of decomposing monkey-spunk that are the likes of all of Big Pharma. Every. Single. One.

Why anyone and everyone who has ever trusted themselves - and especially their children - to the wares peddled by these psycopaths is not now questioning everything that these psycopaths have been pushing for decades.

They are liars. They are murderers. Now you know that.

So, why are you still trusting them with anything, let alone the lives of your precious children?

I'm not, I'm just making a point about propaganda.

And what has happened is going to make everyone question every single vaccine now, especially anyone who has not in the past. It's actually a self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Vaccine is the False term and those who use it is spreading misinformation concerning the word....vaccine.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I expect integrity in general from people. If you know you're using an inaccurate term and you use it anyhow, then you're displaying a lack of integrity.

I try to generally say what I mean. If Scot is doing the same, then he's busy using slur against people. That's a nasty place to be.

What do you expect from a drug pusher?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join