It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has China pushed a panic button on food security

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is very unusual for China to admit a problem with regards to food security, it is encouraging people to stock up for the coming winter season. The only thing for sure is that they are expecting supply chain disruption. Either no transport or no food to transport. Why would they do that unless they were expecting a food supply disruption? What could cause a food disruption? Bad harvest is a fact, Or planning for a War?

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

How about this?

Or this from Germany?

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Thats concerning.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

With Covid, hacks and shortages I’m not so sure we aren’t already at war with China. When they go for Taiwan our propaganda machine won’t be able to hide it anymore.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I wrote about it some time ago HERE

Do you not remember the floods. Those floods impacted major areas of grain production.

P

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Maybe they are going to move on Taiwan. Usually not in winter though?

Something is up..

And the Help the US? What the hell?

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I just heard today that the US is good on grains

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Its gonna be tight on everyone, that idiotic shutdown bill is coming due fast.

I am putting that on my list of things to bulk up on.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Its due to the energy shortage they incurred on itself by boycotting Australian coal and switching to African coal. Its taking time to re-tool their existing refiners and plants to burn the new type of coal.

They knew they had to do it pretty much, but its also ironic the US is trying to do the same except with electricity both countries are trying to pivot on energy the next few years and its going to be hitting both economies, especially in food production....my guess is they figure it will take a few years to catch up so might as well pull the band aid off now if that kind of change needs to happen...

The US (maybe the only good long term energy plan the Biden Admin is doing right now, I know this wont be liked), but I think they are banking on the promise of micro-fusion becoming a reality sooner rather than later....by 2024 at least, that's when MIT's SPARC should start ignition with a net gain. I encourage anyone to take a look at it, the materials technology looks like what they are doing should be doable. The Niobium tape used to create the superconductors is proven, it all just needs to be scaled up.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Yes it struck me that nobody will have a winter war. Unless you are stupid. Or have to.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Yes it struck me that nobody will have a winter war. Unless you are stupid. Or have to.

My money is on stupid .
Anyone gonna cover ?

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
China is in bad shape. Massive aging workforce and the youth do not want to breed. Add to that energy supply issue and food shortages. XI can't even leave the country for fear of a coup. XI is going to lose control. Once the revolts start there is no way to stop it other than mowing people down.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
I wrote about it some time ago HERE

Do you not remember the floods. Those floods impacted major areas of grain production.

P

Don't forget that less than a year before the lockdown, we here in America, had flooding in the heart of the bread basket that destroyed two years of harvest, then destroyed a significant amount of grains stored in the silos.

Back then we where talking about the rise in prices, and shortages in food in America that was on the horizon.

We had the price of oil go down to less than a penny, and just when it looked like the crap was about to hit the fan, in stepped COVID.

The torrential downpour, ice, and eventual flooding of the US plains on March 15 and 16 left ranchers stunned. The aptly named “bomb cyclone”—the official term employed by meteorologists—brought increased economic anguish to the Midwest. Vast stretches of productive farmland were flooded and rendered unusable, as cattle corpses rotted. Estimates of the impacts to just Nebraska’s livestock sector topped $400 million. Tack on another estimated $440 million in losses to the Cornhusker state’s row crops, plus $449 million in infrastructure costs, and that makes for more than $1.3 billion in total direct costs from just one extreme weather event in just one state.

Bomb cyclones and breadbaskets: How climate, food, and political unrest intersect

edit on 9-11-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Addendum

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Maybe they are going to move on Taiwan. Usually not in winter though?

Something is up..

And the Help the US? What the hell?

I wondered back then, if all that grain that was destroyed in the flooding, could be used for something else or salvaged.

Since good for one is never good for everybody, I would like to think, what is bad for one, is not bad for everybody.

I remembered all the warning articles of what is to come. All the buzz about global warming and climate change. They all painted a very bleak picture.

Example

Policymakers, having left America unprepared for what’s next, now face brutal choices about which communities to save — often at exorbitant costs — and which to sacrifice. Their decisions will almost inevitably make the nation more divided, with those worst off relegated to a nightmare future in which they are left to fend for themselves. Nor will these disruptions wait for the worst environmental changes to occur. The wave begins when individual perception of risk starts to shift, when the environmental threat reaches past the least fortunate and rattles the physical and financial security of broader, wealthier parts of the population. It begins when even places like California’s suburbs are no longer safe.

It has already begun.

www.nytimes.com...

It looks like the "Dark Winter" is being pushed along with the "new normal".

All in all. It is not looking good for the home team.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This is very unusual for China to admit a problem with regards to food security, it is encouraging people to stock up for the coming winter season. The only thing for sure is that they are expecting supply chain disruption. Either no transport or no food to transport. Why would they do that unless they were expecting a food supply disruption? What could cause a food disruption? Bad harvest is a fact, Or planning for a War?

This one is REALLY simple.

Beijing is worried that when everyone heads indoors this winter there will be a big covid outbreak.

If there is an outbreak the government plans to shut the country down in order to make sure that everything is under control by the time of Spring Festival. Which is China's largest national holiday, and is the time when people travel the most.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
China is in bad shape. Massive aging workforce and the youth do not want to breed. Add to that energy supply issue and food shortages. XI can't even leave the country for fear of a coup. XI is going to lose control. Once the revolts start there is no way to stop it other than mowing people down.

They've resorted to that before and there is 0 chance that they would hesitate to do it again.

China has virtually perfected the skill of running an air-tight police state. The only way I believe any uprising would occur in China were if some Black Swan event took out or badly weakened the CCP's ability to run the country (catastrophic natural disaster, nuclear war).

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

My money is on stupid .
Anyone gonna cover ?

ha ha no takers.
does anyone in the West, esp common citizens, really know what's going on in China?
as I recall no one expected the USSR to collapse when it did. nor Iran / the Shah.

I think Beijing desperately wants to get Taiwan but know bombing it to bits would be counterproductive.
no way Biden challenges them.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
China already has major energy supply issues . Coupled with regular outbreaks of Covid (and unlike the West, China does proper lockdowns) and it makes sense to warn people to have a bit of extra food in store this winter.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I thought Europeans view Americans as being fat slobs.

posted on Jan, 2 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Xi calls on Chinese to be more self-sufficient foodwise

asiatimes.com...

Chinese President Xi Jinping has urged local governments to optimize their land resources to achieve food self-sufficiency and reduce reliance on grain imports in the coming years, the latest indication the country is bracing for a potential conflict with the United States.

At the Communist Party of China’s (CPC) Central Economic Work Conference held on December 8, Xi said China had to ensure grain security for its 1.4 billion people.

“The more food we have, the more we have to think about when there is no food,” Xi said. “I’ve repeatedly said that Chinese people must firmly hold their rice bowls in their own hands at all times and should never let others grab our necks in the matter of food supply, a basic survival issue."

apparently no short-term problems though.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join