It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Teacher of the Year Arrested After Allegedly Striking Student Over Instagram Post

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

FYI: The Jacksonville.com links are not working.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Ok... that makes an awful lot of sense.

edit on 2-11-2021 by Terpene because: Wrong reply

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

FYI: The Jacksonville.com links are not working.

Thanks. I thought I checked it. Apparently not. I fixed it in 1 of my posts. Too late to edit the previous post.

Jacksonville.com

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wonder how long this has been going on and how many lawsuits have been quietly settled and sealed? Hmmm😃

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I'm gonna have to see video evidence of this before I'll believe it. If the teacher ever used the evil n word, ever, she wouldn't be working there still, and certainly wouldn't have won Teacher of the Year. I also couldn't care less that a teacher walks aggressively, they all walked that way when I was in school. I didn't know they were supposed to hop, skip, and shimmy down the hallway these days.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

She admitted to using the word, but only in the context of the book 'Of Mice and Men'

Lee responded to her comment, explaining that she used the "n" word in the context of teaching "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck. The student replied that she still didn't think it was right to use the word, and she told police that Lee "agreed."

Works listed in Lee's English Honors current assignments include "Of Mice and Men," "Strange Fruit," an anti-lynching poem by Abel Meerpol, and "Desiree's Baby," by Kate Chopin, about racism, identity and women in the American South in the 1800s.

Jacksonville.com

I actually did have a teacher that sometimes skipped down the hallways. That lady was plain goofy though.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Well that's definitely not good. It's petty comeuppance. That's why no one should have social media! problem solved!
'IN MY DAY' we just had an awards ceremony and maybe a plaque on the wall and that's that.
the internet emboldens brats and idiots alike. myself included.

Pretty much, and how many times did everyone agree with who the award was given to? Never. Never did the entire school agree. We mumbled under our breath and moved on within minutes.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

That's acceptable. I don't care for most of today's teachers, but maybe the student should have kept quiet about how she felt about the teacher getting an award or kept it amongst her friends like normal people do, then none of this would have happened. I don't think I really even care how this turns out. I've grown disgusted and sick of loony people trying to throw the race card at anyone they don't like. I hope the student gets expelled for the accusations and I hope the teacher loses her job. Both seem to be nut jobs. Tiny Loon vs Loony Toon in battle of the wokest, who loses? Hopefully both of them.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
We got hit in school too. Never complained.

Because worse would be waiting at home if we dared say anything.

And no this isn't that "Walked uphill both ways" comment. Those who remember the old-school coaches and shop teachers, remember. Matters were handled and it didn't make national headlines.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It isn't okay to hit people for expressing an opinion.

👎🏻
edit on 11/2/2021 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't make excuses for her. 👎🏻

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Like I said, I don't doubt the teacher snapped.

But at the same time, I doubt the kids are 100% innocent too. I had a colleague who merely briefly rested her hand on a kid's shoulder in passing and later on, after a disagreement, that was brought up as an incident of "striking".

As for awards, I do recall a teacher in one of our schools getting an award and they gave it to her at an assembly in front of the students, but since pretty much all the kids liked her, this was not an issue.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't make excuses for her. 👎🏻

I'm not making excuses.

I'm just saying it's pretty hard to explain how a career teacher with so much service under her belt suddenly flips out and strikes a student bloody without something going on. It doesn't happen out of the blue which is why I both doubt the kid is 100% innocent or that there aren't some circumstances eroding the teacher's control.

We had a similar situation at the junior high where I worked, and when all was said and done, it came out that a group of kids were working that teacher pretty hard and pushed him over the edge, but they were trying to do it. It is no excuse for him, but it also was a tough situation. The administration should have prevented it, but they chose not to take more forceful action to step in and stop the targeting before the veteran teacher lost it.

At the end of the day, if she flipped out, she still flipped out and there is no excuse for that.
edit on 2-11-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So so far only the teacher had been caught in a lie and the girl has been seen walking out of the classroom with her hand to her face. The door was closed and not open. The teacher was seen walking in a very aggressive manner pulling her out of another class .And this girl is one the the students that criticized her online and was not even in any of her classes. Yeah, this teacher is extremely suspect. I dont believe her.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Again, there's got to be more to it.

One of the students who criticized the award? One of ... Why this student and not one of the others? There is something else to this story and I think it would tell us quite a bit.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Using the "n" for instruction could be any number of things and many of them are discussing literature and thus entirely appropriate and not racial. At 60, this would not be a stretch at all.

Also, 60 is not outside the realm of early Alzheimer's and similar which could explain her behavior.

Yeah right. A bit of a stretch that to put it mildly.
My father had Alzheimer's he is deceased now since a few months ago so he passed far beyond early stage.. Not once did he show any aggression. How did you even manage to come up with that?

I'm surprised to see you come up with such a comment tbh.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 02 Nov 2021 21:04:53 -050021202111America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Again, there's got to be more to it.

One of the students who criticized the award? One of ... Why this student and not one of the others? There is something else to this story and I think it would tell us quite a bit.

Yeah its very very likely that she picked that one student because she was one of the more vocal ones about it all and the teacher ended up aiming all of her aggression on her for that. She can't hit and threaten a entire class AND try to do it in isolation.

So what do people then most often do. They single out one person who becomes the focal point of their aggression.

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

They single out one person who becomes the focal point of their aggression.

Maybe wanted to make an example out of one believed to be an 'influencer' of other students.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Oh it wouldn't surprise if the teacher snapped. But I want to be a fly on the wall. There's no excuse for the teacher, but the kids are almost certainly not innocent.

giving a student a bloody nose is not okay.

unless she was attacking the teacher and that wasn't the case admitted by the teacher her self.

teacher is going to be teaching people about French fries soon

<< 1    3 >>

join