It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flu is back...and it's worse than before.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

My Parents and ex-in-laws got both flu and a covid booster today. I'll report on any abnormalities.

This just shows how every doctor forms their own opinions. I recommend spacing the covid vaccine out by a couple of weeks before or after a different vaccine. My personal physician does as well.
edit on 12 10 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slagger

Fauci just finished 45m live stream with LBJ library if anyone wants to comment...

The comments I have on this ______ , I cannot post on ATS .
Against T&C , God , and nature.....

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

So far, the only reliable numbers are the death statistics. And there's sporadic evidence that even those are fudged.

The death statistics are not reliable at all. As I've mentioned I've seen a Death Certificate with "Traumatic Head Injury w/COVID" as the cause. My Nephew died last Feb. His parents were pressured to allow the cause of his death to be COVID. He had Spina Bifida. The group that treated him all of his life requested an autopsy. His cause of death was from increased pressure of spinal fluid forcing his brain down on to his brain stem.

I went to five funerals last month. Not one was from COVID.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Maybe they are back tracking to finally get things back to normal and end the shut down because everyone over reacted?

Things in Canada do suck, but if you're vaccinated you can go out and do things again, concerts, restaurants etc. Not that I agree with being coerced into getting vaccinated.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The flu never 'disappeared'. The whole suggestion that it did was baseless from people who said that COVID-19 was the flu, just misdiagnosed. It was a lie. COVID-19 is clearly a different disease and is far more deadly.

According to CDC published data:

The 2019-2020 season had an estimated 20,000 flu deaths, slightly less than the 10-year average of 30,500 deaths per season, but higher than the 2012-2013 season. It was a mild season, but no flu cases were being miscoded as COVID-19 cases.

The 2020-2021 season isn't over, and so the final figures haven't been published. Weekly figures are showing that it probably isn't as mild as the previous season.

Disease Burden of Flu - CDC

edit on 12/10/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
All I have to say is anyone who gets any covid vaccine will become more likely to get sick from everything based on my understanding. Latent viruses like Shingles and Herpes are raging at the moment. Nevermind the hidden adverse affects from the vaccine itself. Its sad how conditioned millions are to buy a narrative and even worse defend the narrative against overwhelmed yet hidden evidence. Glad to be pure blood and will forever remain...

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
It was a mild season, but no flu cases were being miscoded as COVID-19 cases.

There is absolutely no possible way that they can determine this is factual.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I don't know if anyone has said this yet. But my daughter came home about 3 weeks ago sick. We took her to doctor, they did not do or even consider a covid test (they're pretty good and don't jump to conclusions) they did strep and rsv test, she came back positive for rsv. It had her down for about a week, fever, chills the whole nine. She's fine now, however she gave it to me, which I never even thought of adults having rsv. Anyway I was pretty damn sick for 2 weeks, every time I went to the doctor I got tested for covid, a total of 3 times. I'm not going to lie, it was just as bad if not worse than covid I had last year. Just to clarify I also tested negative for flu a and b too.

What I'm saying is, don't discount rsv it sucks for adults.

Eta- none of us are vaxxed, not that it makes a difference, my daughter is 5, just for context
edit on 12-10-2021 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Since the flu and covid symptoms often mimic each other, a flu diagnosis of the vaccinated will keep the breakthrough case numbers low; if they're unvaccinated and get sick, it will be labeled covid.
The 2021-2022 flu season appears to be on track for becoming the new fear factor.

Covid and Flu are kissing cousins.

Or narcissus with a mirror.

You say tomatoes, I say tomatoes.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBHemi
a reply to: FamCore

Maybe they are back tracking to finally get things back to normal and end the shut down because everyone over reacted?

Things in Canada do suck, but if you're vaccinated you can go out and do things again, concerts, restaurants etc. Not that I agree with being coerced into getting vaccinated.

Nope. They have finished laying the groundwork for a social credit system.

Here comes the pain.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Slagger

Not looking that good considering the numbers are downplayed.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I disagree. Flu is severely under diagnosed. In the 2009 pandemic, the reported number of cases was only a tiny fraction of the actual number of cases determined by ad hoc antibody analysis. It is estimated a third of Americans contracted the 2009 strain when only about 100,000 were diagnosed. There is very little PCR testing done for flu. Only about 1% compared to PCR testing for covid at the moment. The actual number of flu deaths is vastly under estimated by official count. Try a million per year is more likely.
edit on 12-10-2021 by YongSu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The flu never 'disappeared'. The whole suggestion that it did was baseless from people who said that COVID-19 was the flu, just misdiagnosed. It was a lie. COVID-19 is clearly a different disease and is far more deadly.

The 2019-2020 season had an estimated 20,000 flu deaths, slightly less than the 10-year average of 30,500 deaths per season, but higher than the 2012-2013 season. It was a mild season, but no flu cases were being miscoded as COVID-19 cases.

The 2020-2021 season isn't over, and so the final figures haven't been published. Weekly figures are showing that it probably isn't as mild as the previous season.

Provided that one believes ANYTHING that the CDC has to say!

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

It was a mild season, but no flu cases were being miscoded as COVID-19 cases.

There is absolutely no possible way that they can determine this is factual.

The CDC collects the data from each state authority and from PHO's and compiles that information. It is probably way more accurate than anyone who does not collect and collate such data.

There is a high level of mandatory reporting and registration of health data. There are many reasons for this, such as insurance funding, operational accounting, resource planning, purchasing, controlled substance access, consistency of treatment, legal mitigation in case of malpractice claims, etc...

The suggestion that government authorities have no idea of health data and statistics is ignorant nonsense.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: YongSu
a reply to: chr0naut

I disagree. Flu is severely under diagnosed. In the 2009 pandemic, the reported number of cases was only a tiny fraction of the actual number of cases determined by ad hoc antibody analysis. It is estimated a third of Americans contracted the 2009 strain when only about 100,000 were diagnosed. There is very little PCR testing done for flu. Only about 1% compared to PCR testing for covid at the moment. The actual number of flu deaths is vastly under estimated by official count. Try a million per year is more likely.

2009 is 12 years ago. Technology, medicine, reporting standards, and significantly PCR testing, have advanced significantly since then.

Yes, there are a lot of unreported flu cases, however, with the push for COVID-19 testing, and the CDC mandate that multiplex PCR testing that tests for COVID-19, Influenza A & Influenza B simultaneously be the new standard (since July 2020). This means that every recent test for COVID-19 in the USA has also been collecting data on flu as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Provided that one believes ANYTHING that the CDC has to say!

It is not in their interest to lie.

Among their roles, they have to determine and allocate budget for resources to support healthcare goals. If they get it wrong, and either overspend, or don't meet those goals, there will be recriminations and potential budget cuts.

Similarly, no one knew about COVID-19 prior to late 2019. They have been trying to offer the best advice on health and disease related issues, but are also changing that advice based upon new information that they and we are learning as we go.

I can guarantee that the CDC have a better understanding on disease issues than any politician or media outlet who are trying to score popularity points against the CDC for changing their advice.

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The China virus is most definitely not any more deadly than the flu

And BOTH issues can prevented by a healthy diet and a strong immune system

Don’t bother with the vaccine for either of them, you’ll be fine. I’ll give you a 99.97% guaran-damn-tee

China

Virus

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
bELiEvE tHe cDc aNd tHe wHo
aNd bY tHe wAy, cOnSpiRaCiEs aReNt reAL aNd nO gOveRnMeNt oR meDiA oUtLet wOuLD eVer LiE

Derp

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
aNd bY tHe wAy, cOnSpiRaCiEs aReNt reAL aNd nO gOveRnMeNt oR meDiA oUtLet wOuLD eVer LiE

Derp

You appear to have a problem with your keyboard.

Try turning it over and banging upwards against it so all the "keyboard chow" can fall out.

Perhaps it was manufactured in China (the keyboard, not the gross ancient food particles)?

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Derp

You appear to have a problem with your keyboard.

Try turning it over and banging upwards against it so all the "keyboard chow" can fall out.

Perhaps it was manufactured in China?

What a bigoted response

<< 1    3  4 >>

join