It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The People On ATS Have Changed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I've noticed a gradual shift not only here but in the real world too, to a more concerned view about global warming. The steps are small but gradual. I wonder though when someone will be ready enough to do something about it?

Famous authors, environmentalists, and governments have urged us to do this and given us fool proof ways TO do this. The Earth was perfect but we have obstructed it. The more we do this, the more trouble we find ourselves in. We don't need to become "one with Earth" in all activities, but a general conciousness would help everything.

Like I said, the awareness has grown substantially, but people still aren't doing anything, so I'd like to ask ATS to post what they have done, or the changes they've seen. Maybe even tell us what you would need to see or hear to really get motivated about it.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here is what I've been doing.
Backgrounds of Scientists and Organizations Who are Skeptic of Global Warming.
I am trying to raise awareness of the corporate manipulations.

I must say though I do not notice this gradual shift that you are talking about. In fact, the amount of people that I have met that are skeptic of global warming has caused me to make that thread.
Information control and corporate manipulation has gotten into more peoples heads than we realize. Not only with environmental issues either. People all over the 'free' world have been told how to think for generations.

CNN and FoxNews will not be there when the revolution comes.
The good people of the word need to wake up and see how we are being manipulated and put an end to it.

Going back to the environmental concerns,
All of us can take action
The Nature Challenge

The David Suzuki Foundation has researched the 10 most effective ways
we can help conserve nature and improve our quality of life.

1. Reduce home energy use by 10%
2. Choose an energy-efficient home & appliances
3. Don't use pesticides
4. Eat meat-free meals one day a week
5. Buy locally grown and produced food
6. Choose a fuel-efficient vehicle
7. Walk, bike, carpool or take transit
8. Choose a home close to work or school
9. Support alternative transportation
10. Learn more and share with others

The Challenge is to pick at least three steps and sign up by clicking the button below. It's an easy and effective way to make a difference.

These are quite simple things we can do. I'm doing 5 of them.

If one person can not change how can we expect the world to change?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
1. Reduce home energy use by 10% -- Moving foward to this goal
2. Choose an energy-efficient home & appliances -- Check
3. Don't use pesticides -- Check
4. Eat meat-free meals one day a week -- Check
5. Buy locally grown and produced food -- Check
6. Choose a fuel-efficient vehicle -- N/A I do not drive
7. Walk, bike, carpool or take transit -- Check
8. Choose a home close to work or school -- Check, I work from my basement how much closer can you get

9. Support alternative transportation -- Check
10. Learn more and share with others -- and Check!

Wow, I am doing alot more then I thought. w00t!

[edit on 26-3-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Funny how human arrogance once again rears it's ugly head. We are soo important that we can reverse global climate changes? And I thought it was bad when we only believed we were God's chosen, now we actually believe we can control planetary weather? LMFAO

Yeah perhas human activity and the release of excess CO2 has CONTRIBUTED (key word) to "global warming", but scientist already know that the planet goes through wild temperature fluctuations (ever hear of the ice age? What are we gonna do to stop the next one huh?)

Maybe all we did is speed up a natural process.hmm?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I agree we are speeding up the Natural process but you see, our actions do other things besides warm the planet slightly. Burning anything releases toxic substances into the environment which I(as an Asthmatic) can actually feel my lungs constricting as I breath polluted air. I have to literally take refuge within an Air Conditioned house when it gets too hot and smoggy out. Many problems are cropping up due to our industrialized processes, I believe that Global Warming is just the tip of the iceberg(no Pun intended)

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What do you think this is all really about? I'll tell you...

Human Survival

Our generations to continue, I mean, where else are we going to live? Until we can get off of this rock, this is our home, and even if we do, it's still our home. We were given a chance when we were born, but the people have shortened our overall human lives considerably. Nature would have global warming anyway, but this soon? No, I can not believe that. It wasn't supposed to happen for thousands of years and now we're talking about the end of the planet? lol... seriously people, if you are willing to just give up and say screw it we're dead then you represent the lower half of the human species. One that is known for fighting 'till the end.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1wintermute1
Funny how human arrogance once again rears it's ugly head. We are soo important that we can reverse global climate changes? And I thought it was bad when we only believed we were God's chosen, now we actually believe we can control planetary weather? LMFAO

Yeah perhaps human activity and the release of excess CO2 has CONTRIBUTED (key word) to "global warming", but scientist already know that the planet goes through wild temperature fluctuations (ever hear of the ice age? What are we gonna do to stop the next one huh?)

Maybe all we did is speed up a natural process.hmm?

This is the attitude that allows industry to continue polluting the Earth.
Just because climate had changed in the past does not give us a permit to go ahead and make the world uninhabitable.

You mention the ice age. We are talking about global warming.
In our history the highest average global temperature was 22 degrees Celsius currently it is about 14.

Trying to keep the world clean does not mean we are arrogant or egotistical, it is quite the opposite. Those of us who care about these things care because it effects all of us. That includes your family and loved ones who I have not even met.

sardion2000, good stuff. 10 out of 10 you can't beat that

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

sardion2000, good stuff. 10 out of 10 you can't beat that

Actually 9/10
The first one is still in the works. Waiting for good enough Solar Cells to come out.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Nah , 10 out of 10 because you are working on it
There is also a form on the link to sign to let them know you are taking the challenge.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Lookout for yourself, I am, as in the end, its your world, and if you perish, it will not futhur to your knowledge, embrace what will arrive and get past it

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanoidcontent
Famous authors, environmentalists, and governments have urged us to do this and given us fool proof ways TO do this.

Fool proof ways to treat a phenomenon that we aren't even sure is occuring eh?

The Earth was perfect but we have obstructed it.

The earth was never 'perfect' and it has not been conclusively demonstrated that human actions are causing any global warming.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
But it has been conclusively proven that the toxic carcinogens and other # increases Asthma rates, Cancer etc. Where does alot of that come from? Burning stuff
Who cares about Global Warming, we are slowly poisoning ourselves and the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The earth was never 'perfect' and it has not been conclusively demonstrated that human actions are causing any global warming.

Look at it this way, if we cut down a forest or grassland, then a habitat is disturbed. Do you even KNOW the possibilities form that lost habitat? It leads to more things than a lost species lol. It can snowball.

So humans, we stop forest fires? mhm ok...right. I'm sure that's helping the ecosystem. We also cut down old rainforests and say we're cutting back on CO2 emmisions. I mean, it's true, but it's not natural and I doubt it's helping the already disturbed system. When it's time for that tree to fal IT WILL FALL!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
But it has been conclusively proven that the toxic carcinogens and other # increases Asthma rates, Cancer etc. Where does alot of that come from? Burning stuff
Who cares about Global Warming, we are slowly poisoning ourselves and the world.

Global warming is one of many problems caused by our pollution. It seems to me that the worlds big polluters think if they can spread around the idea that we are not causing global warming then they can pollute all they like.

sardion2000 is living proof of what our pollution is doing to people.

Sure global climate can and will change with out us, but why does that mean we have to do nothing about our green house gases?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I do not buy into human caused global warming. This world will outlast us.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daboga75

Caused no, Influenced yes. Big Differance.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Interestingly (for me, if not our beloved readership), I'm currently reading Bill Bryson's "A short History blah" which states that we are pretty insustantial actually - we arrived, had a party, left - and died out (My interpretatation - go buy the book and read for yourselves!!
) The world has, indeed, survived many such upstarts as us...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You have voted daboga75 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

For a one line post I could not have said it better myself. We are NOT killing this planet, were just making it uninhabitable for mankind.

The planet will go on.

Love and light,

Wupy

edited for spelling

[edit on 26-3-2005 by mrwupy]

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

WOW! That's just about the dumbest post I've seen in a long time. And the picture just sets it right off.

"I do not buy into human caused global warming."

BUY? It's called science, history, read up on it why don't you. And the world will outlast us? Ya that's kind of the whole idea we're talking here! I will assume you heat your home, drive a car, work someplace which is heated and operated, and drive home to cook your meal, go on your computer and then start your day all over again. Wow, that takes power which creates greenhouse gases.

This has been: humanoid's simple 2 step proof to human caused global warming.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I opened this article wondering how a thread on people changing on ATS fit in the Fragile Earth. Hmmm, misleading title.

I don't see many folks changing their minds about global warming.
You either think mankind is gonna fy the planet...
...or, you think the planet is going to go on pretty much as it has for aeons.
I belong to the later camp.

BTW, I have no idea how much, if any, of the info the government and media spews out is reliable.
I do try to recycle, even though I have a feeling it all ends up in the same landfill. I do try to reuse plasctic bags when possible.

Common sense goes a long way to avoiding conspicious consumption.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join