It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Says NOT To Check for Antibodies if Vaccinated

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So I was looking at Antibody testing options, to see if I have gotten sick and recovered without knowing, and of course the FDA website came right up. So I look there and see, "In people who have received a COVID-19 vaccination, antibody testing is not recommended to determine whether you are immune or protected from COVID-19."

I dont get it. If you got vaccinated in the first batch, wouldn't you want to know if it has worn off? Or does the FDA not want people to be able to measure the effectiveness of the vaccine compared to natural immunity. Imagine if my wife (who is vaccinated) and myself (I am not) both were tested and I have way higher antibody levels. Maybe anecdotal, but what if 1 million couples did that? Is that information the Gov and Pharmaceutical companies are trying to hide from us? Is that why they dont tell us a positive antibody test is good enough to travel?

Antibodies are easily the most pertinent information on who is actually at risk. Why are they being ignored?

FDA Antibody Testing Page

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

Antibodies are easily the most pertinent information on who is actually at risk. Why are they being ignored?

I assume this question is antidotal.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Here, it provides an answer for you. Just a few lines down from the very top.

In people who have received a COVID-19 vaccination, antibody testing is not recommended to determine whether you are immune or protected from COVID-19.

Makes sense to me.

Here is another part further down (Many lines) in the Q&A;

Q. I received a COVID-19 vaccination. Do I need an antibody test to know if I am immune to COVID-19?
A: Antibody tests are not recommended to determine your level of immunity or protection from COVID-19.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I did an antibody blood test just last week.
it says the same on the paper in the box: not to test for antibodies when you had a vaccine because the result of the test will not be 100% accurate and then an entire explanations about how antibodies from vaccines are not 'the same' than the ones the self tests look for (someone explain that pls!? How can they be different?)
Now I wish I hadn't throw away the box so could go read it again...

btw, talking about antibody tests,
where I live these kind of self tests are illegal to sell, so I had to order one from another country. It came with this pen-needle thing that you use to pinch for a drop of blood.... when I pressed the pen, the needle shot out of the side, all the way out in the side of my finger... got quite a bit more then a drop!
So watch out with these cheap tests.
After that, I doubt if they even work at all!
edit on 15-9-2021 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

I'm thinking that these mrna anti bodies are neutral, ie a blank slate. and haven't changed yet.
Where as natural antibodies have already found the virus and have changed to combat them.

Might be a simple way to look at, but seeing how most other vaccines are made with what ever the antigens is, it kinda makes sense to me.

Well i guess I'm wrong, looked up mRNA vaccine and they say that they are coded already with a antigens traits.

edit on 15-9-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think you may find some interesting information in this article, that may help you understand why they are taking that approach.

Abstract

The first SARS-CoV-2 vaccine(s) will likely be licensed based on neutralizing antibodies in Phase 2 trials, but there are significant concerns about using antibody response in coronavirus infections as a sole metric of protective immunity. Antibody response is often a poor marker of prior coronavirus infection, particularly in mild infections, and is shorter-lived than virus-reactive T-cells; strong antibody response correlates with more severe clinical disease while T-cell response is correlated with less severe disease; and antibody-dependent enhancement of pathology and clinical severity has been described. Indeed, it is unclear whether antibody production is protective or pathogenic in coronavirus infections. Early data with SARS-CoV-2 support these findings. Data from coronavirus infections in animals and humans emphasize the generation of a high-quality T cell response in protective immunity.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 15-9-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Format issue.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
sounds kinda scammy to me. You would think that if the mRNA causes antibodies to be created the test would verify it. That would be real science, and the FDA does not real science I suppose.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

I assume this question is antidotal.

For the win!

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

In people who have received a COVID-19 vaccination, antibody testing is not recommended to determine whether you are immune or protected from COVID-19.

Makes sense to me.

Q. I received a COVID-19 vaccination. Do I need an antibody test to know if I am immune to COVID-19?
A: Antibody tests are not recommended to determine your level of immunity or protection from COVID-19.

LOL, well that sure clears it up. Good thing nobody asked why.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think the whole thing behind the CDC story in the OP is that you can test negative for antibodies but still be immune. If you have SARS COV-2 enter your body, the T-cells come into action and then a new batch of antibodies will be created.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

Makes sense to me.

Another member posted some complimentary information. Just a few lines up

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

MAybe You can explain the "answer" all You did was posted the same line quoted in the OP and then a Q and A that literally says the same thing.

How is either of those "the answer"?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I got an antibody test at lab Corp today. I will have some news in 24-48 hours.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Makes sense to me.

good thing. I don't think "Because I said so" was going to cut it, as your post eluded to.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Makes sense to me.

LOL
that makes ZERO sense, as thousands of people with the vax are getting Covid

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This makes the Covid Vaxs and Politicians/Top Officials who push the vaccination even more suspicious.
edit on 15-9-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What if you don't find alleged magic covid antibodies and all it turns up is some very disturbing serology results about "things" in your blood that shouldn't be there?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

Why does it make sense to you from a logical standpoint?

All it is really saying is, take the *ing vax we dont care about anything else.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Like several of our government agencies, there's Tug of war between the CRIMINAL side of the CDC and the CONSUMER-FRIENDLY side of the CDC.

The consumer side says the anti-bodies produced as a reaction to the vaccine(s) are "natural".

Apparently the consumer side isn't aware that the criminal side has rigged the system to deliver God-knows-what into human guinea pigs.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Makes sense to me.

good thing. I don't think "Because I said so" was going to cut it, as your post eluded to.

As always, you push me to do better. Apologies for my laziness.

<<   2  3 >>

join