It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Surprising Reversal, England Drops Vaccine Passport Plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have wondered how the Vaccine passport stuff was going to work out ? Looks like England has thrown in the towel with such a mandate as of now. We will just have to wait and see if some new strain or outbreak makes them change their minds ? Right now good for them IMO

The plan to mandate CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus vaccine passports for nightclubs and crowded events in England will not go ahead, UK Health Secretary Sajid Javid said on Sunday.

It comes after British lawmakers across the political spectrum voiced strong opposition to the plans this week.

Speaking on the BBC’s “The Andrew Marr Show” on Sunday, the health secretary said he “never liked the idea” of forcing people to show their papers in everyday activities, but the government was right to look at the evidence.

“What I can say is that we’ve looked at it properly and whilst we should keep it in reserve as a potential option, I’m pleased to say that we will not be going ahead with plans for vaccine passports,” Javid said.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
France has been protesting against the vaccine passport for some time now. www.theepochtimes.com...

‘No Health Pass’: Tens of Thousands Join Protests Against Vaccine Passports in France
By Jack Phillips
September 12, 2021 Updated: September 12, 2021
biggersmaller Print

Protesters in France for a ninth consecutive weekend took to the streets to again rally against COVID-19 vaccine passports and mandates.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good for them

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I still think it was the threatened restriction of access to pubs and music venues that caused the uproar and made it such a political hot potato. Bread and circuses.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I have wondered how the Vaccine passport stuff was going to work out ? Looks like England has thrown in the towel with such a mandate as of now. We will just have to wait and see if some new strain or outbreak makes them change their minds ? Right now good for them IMO

The plan to mandate CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus vaccine passports for nightclubs and crowded events in England will not go ahead, UK Health Secretary Sajid Javid said on Sunday.

It comes after British lawmakers across the political spectrum voiced strong opposition to the plans this week.

Speaking on the BBC’s “The Andrew Marr Show” on Sunday, the health secretary said he “never liked the idea” of forcing people to show their papers in everyday activities, but the government was right to look at the evidence.

“What I can say is that we’ve looked at it properly and whilst we should keep it in reserve as a potential option, I’m pleased to say that we will not be going ahead with plans for vaccine passports,” Javid said.

www.zerohedge.com...

Hopefully democrats will now see what is coming for them if they don't also back down from their fascist insanity.

Congrats to Brits!

And thank you again for attempting to rescue so many Americans abandoned by joe in Afghanistan!

We won't ever forget what you did for us in our moment of urgent need, or what it could have cost you.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
For now dont be surprised if they come back for with it.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=26104618]HawkEyi[/post
I doubt it, simply because the number of Britons who want unrestricted access to pubs is large enough to swing an election.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   

You have to bear in mind a very important fact: the Johnson Government is a collection of disorganised idiots, led by a man who lies at the drop of a hat. I cannot stress enough how much I despise Boris Johnson. The man couldn't run a whelk stall in a famine.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I can't help but feel that there'll be a huge (planned?) increase in numbers from this, just in time for the (dark) winter lockdown. :/

If we're not locked down again by February, I'll have to look into adjusting my stance somewhat.

Albert

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

You have to bear in mind a very important fact: the Johnson Government is a collection of disorganised idiots, led by a man who lies at the drop of a hat. I cannot stress enough how much I despise Boris Johnson. The man couldn't run a whelk stall in a famine.

Boris got 2 very important things right recently, when no other world leaders did.

Hopefully others will follow his recent leadership example.

I didn't have a good opinion of Johnson either until recently, but now he has my attention, and a little rope.

I'm willing to wait and see if he continues moving in the right direction before blasting him again.

But of course, much easier for me to say since I'm not British, and don't have to deal with him like Brits do.

edit on 13-9-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: [post=26104618]HawkEyi[/post
I doubt it, simply because the number of Britons who want unrestricted access to pubs is large enough to swing an election.

You sound disappointed, perhaps the government was hoping most pubs would go out of business after last years lockdowns.

Maybe the vaccinated should avoid pubs if they fear the unvaccinated so much?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   
As a Brit I don't really think it was ever going to be something that was actually mandated personally.

The US seems to think we here are a bunch of servile fools with no guns to protect ourselves but our government is much more afraid of our population than the us is of theirs.

Fear of loss of power combined with decent vaccination uptake means it's not going to happen unless things get a while lot worse and if it does the people will most likely be in agreement if it gets bad enough to be justified.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul
It wasn't meant to sound disappointed, and I don't speak for the government.
I was commenting as an observer trying to assess political realities.
Though I can't help thinking that among the great libertarian issues of history, "we want to go to the pub" is a little trivial in the grand scale of things.It was just ironic.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It's a very British mentality isn't it.

We are an odd nation, the fuss that kicked up when EastEnders was rescheduled because of European championship was off the scale

a reply to: DISRAELI

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The British people are at their most resilient - and sometimes belligerent - best when their backs are against the wall and/or feel they are being pushed into something they don't want.

Never come between a Brit and his Pint!

Boris is going to have to make some uncomfortable decisions in the coming months, they'd be unpalatable if they weren't softened by beer.

I dislike Boris with a passion and his lying and deceitfulness will be his comeuppance in the end....but he's got a couple of shouts right recently.
Its understanding his reasoning and motivations that are important.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Probably VERY expensive. Government does almost everything with COST or SAVINGS as priority #1. Not what benefits citizens the most.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
We don't fear the unvaccinated and you don't get the importance of pubs over here.

Even the Blitz did not stop us going to the pub.

Unless it got hit, of course.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
We don't fear the unvaccinated and you don't get the importance of pubs over here.

I've seen photos of Brits inside bombed out pubs.

Even a little pub bombing won't stop you.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: surfer_soul
It wasn't meant to sound disappointed, and I don't speak for the government.
I was commenting as an observer trying to assess political realities.
Though I can't help thinking that among the great libertarian issues of history, "we want to go to the pub" is a little trivial in the grand scale of things.It was just ironic.

I can see where you're coming from but my old local had street battles with US military police armed with machine guns in WW2 known as the Battle of Bamber Bridge when they tried to force racial segregation of US troops in the local pubs. A lot of pubs enforced black US troops only signs (still allowed whites as all troops were seen as heroes) to highlight how backward the policy was and it's pretty famous in the US now as a turning point in civil rights.

The one across the road was headquarters for Oliver Cromwell during the Battle of Preston.

Pubs have played a big role in reshaping UK

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I've seen photos of Brits inside bombed out pubs.

Even a little pub bombing won't stop you.

Or a terrorist attack. Especially where Millwall fans are concerned:

What happened in the London Bridge attack, who were the Borough Market attackers and how many victims were there? www.thesun.co.uk... _campaign=sharebaramp

Watch the interview with the Millwall fan!
edit on 13-9-2021 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join