It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley both test positive for Covid-19 after being recently vaccinated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: CircumstancialEvidence
Kid Rock is big mad about having to cancel shows due to covid infections in his band mates...

Kid Rock pi--ed

The artist took to Twitter to explain that the cancellationsw were due to coronavirus writing, "I am pi--ed. Over half the band has f---ing covid (not me), and before u s--- for brains bloggers and media trolls run your mouths, many of them, like me, have been vaccinated."

Rock added, "I was gonna come and rock the house anyway, play acoustic, DJ or even just Juggle.... Deez Nutz!! - or at least try to entertain u good folks. But seriously, s--- is way out of my hands on this one. I am beyond upset and you real ones know I would never cancel if I absolutely didn't have too. For this, I am sorry."

🥴

Wait until the NFL opening week and teams have to forfeit games due to too many players having the Covid-19 bug!

Ok, I'll be waiting because there is nothing that suggest that a team will have to forfeit because of this. It happened once last year (I think it was Baltimore) and it wasn't even a forfeit, they delayed the game like 4 days.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

COVID-19 vaccines have proven to be safe, effective and life-saving. Like all vaccines, they do not fully protect everyone who is vaccinated, and we do not yet know how well they can prevent people from transmitting the virus to others. So as well as getting vaccinated, we must also continue with other measures to fight the pandemic.

www.who.int...

That sounds like an admission that vaccine is not very effective. If we have to continue social distancing and wearing masks to help fight the spread, than the vaccine is not doing much to stop it.

In fairness they have admitted from the beginning that vaccines were only expected to lesson symptoms, hospitalizations and deaths, not stop the spread. But that just means that it really was only effective for the most vulnerable and they were the ones who should be vaccinated, not everyone.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: themessengernevermatters

Don't know is not the same as doesn't

Current evidence is that it does significantly reduce transmission but that isn't 100% confirmed.

www.nature.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: 1947boomer
It works BOTH to prevent infection AND to limit severity of symptoms if you do get infected. If you knew anything about how biologists define immunity and how the human immune system works, this wouldn’t be surprising to you.

Seems to not be the case at ALL when looking into Israel.

Seriously, the effectiveness is in the toilet, let's not lie through our teeth about it, a whole damned hyper-vaxxed country should have been the poster child for proving you right, but they're getting sick in droves anyway. Nice 40% effectiveness rate they got, at best.

The Israeli data on effectiveness in preventing infection is clearly in conflict with the UK and US data. At this point, I don’t know of any way to resolve it, but I wouldn’t automatically assume either data set is wrong. There can be real differences in the immune response of different populations.

And they’re still getting sick at a lower rate than if they hadn’t been vaccinated and their symptoms are still much less severe.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Actual factual data please! reply to: 1947boomer

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Don't know is not the same as doesn't

Current evidence is that it does significantly reduce transmission but that isn't 100% confirmed.

www.nature.com...

New data was released by the CDC last week showing that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant carry viral loads similar to those of people who are unvaccinated.

While this sounds discouraging, it’s important to keep three things in mind:

Vaccines remain highly effective at preventing severe disease.
Breakthrough infections among vaccinated individuals remain uncommon.
The majority of new COVID-19 infections in the US are among unvaccinated people.

publichealth.jhu.edu...

When revising its mask guidance this week to urge even vaccinated people to wear masks indoors in much of the country, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was criticized for not citing data in making that move.

Now it has — and the data is sobering.

The study details a COVID-19 outbreak that started July 3 in Provincetown, Mass., involving 469 cases. It found that three-quarters of cases occurred in fully vaccinated people. Massachusetts has a high rate of vaccination: about 69% among eligible adults in the state at the time of the study.

It also found no significant difference in the viral load present in the breakthrough infections occurring in fully vaccinated people and the other cases, suggesting the viral load of vaccinated and unvaccinated persons infected with the coronavirus is similar.

"High viral loads suggest an increased risk of transmission and raised concern that, unlike with other variants, vaccinated people infected with Delta can transmit the virus," Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the CDC's director, said in a statement Friday.

"This finding is concerning and was a pivotal discovery leading to CDC's updated mask recommendation. The masking recommendation was updated to ensure the vaccinated public would not unknowingly transmit virus to others, including their unvaccinated or immunocompromised loved ones," Walensky said.

www.npr.org...

You mean like that evidence?
edit on 1-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: corrections

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: majik
Actual factual data please! reply to: 1947boomer

UK data here.

www.gov.uk...

Shows the vaccines to be highly effective at reducing serious cases.
edit on 1-9-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It’s expected that symptomatic breakthroughs are more contagious than asymptomatic breakthroughs.

When extrapolating, it is critical to understand that this study is derived primarily from one major site in which the activities and the settings that were leading to infections are not necessarily representative of the day-to-day life of a fully vaccinated individual.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others
edit on Wed Sep 1 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ScepticScot

Now list vaccines that are 99+% effective. Hint: There will be a list, and the Chinese virus vaccines won't be on it.

There are always outliers. Using them to excuse facts is the mark of a fool.

TheRedneck

Actually, none of the vaccines will be on it because none have a 99+% rate

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
And they’re still getting sick at a lower rate than if they hadn’t been vaccinated and their symptoms are still much less severe.

Even in controlled studies, that claim can't be accurately made without a placebo control group to compare TO.

We effectively had no clue how well our immune systems work after a bout of it, if we mass-vaccinate at a speed like someone snorted lines, and refuse to even look at them side-by-side in research facilities.

Edit: And cheating by way of alerting your blind study subjects and vaccinating them, AND still passing their data around afterward, does not count. That is sullying the controls.
edit on 9/1/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

It’s expected, that symptomatic breakthroughs are more contagious than asymptomatic breakthroughs.

When extrapolating, it is critical to understand that this study is derived primarily from one major site in which the activities and the settings that were leading to infections are not necessarily representative of the day-to-day life of a fully vaccinated individual.

It's expected; it isn't known. Typhoid Mary was asymptomatic for typhoid fever, but was able to spread it to many people in her occupation as a cook.

Even though the press coined the nickname “Typhoid Mary” over a century ago, the sad story of Mary Mallon has become acutely relevant again over the past few months. As an asymptomatic typhoid carrier, Mallon became infamous for infecting at least 51 people — though some estimates put the tally at more than 122 — while working as a cook. In 2020, the coronavirus pandemic has led the world to examine how this kind of carrier affects infection rates.

One recent study in the Italian town of Vò estimated that over 40 percent of cases may be asymptomatic, stoking fears that COVID-19 will continue to be unknowingly spread by seemingly healthy individuals. The life of “Typhoid Mary,” the first recorded case of this kind, is a reminder of the importance of raising public awareness — and of how far our understanding of germ theory has come.

www.discovermagazine.com...
edit on 1-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

edit on 1-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

edit on 1-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: correction

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Though she was the first identified, she wasn't the only asymptomatic carrier.

Mallon’s case has often prompted debate about what matters more: personal liberty or public safety. By the time of her death in 1938, more than 400 other healthy people infected with Salmonella typhi had been identified in New York, but none was quarantined against their will. Mallon’s unique treatment may be the result of her being the first asymptomatic carrier on record. Or maybe she was just easily scapegoated as an unmarried, working-class immigrant with no family. In the 1900s, as now, it was easier to blame the less fortunate in society than to actually focus on educating the public.

edit on 1-9-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: correction

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Could they A. Have lied about being vaxxed, or B. Faked covid as part of a false flag to scare people into getting booster shots? It wouldn't be the first time that somebody famous had claimed something untrue just to fit in.

I thought they might have got a placebo so they could be used to fool the masses. Whether they knew about it or not. But because they are now both testing positive.... I now believe they received the real VAXXX. The VAXX is almost the same as getting the wild virus.

Why give them the placebo to fool people, it would have been easier to give them the real thing. Unless if course you think that this is a false flag to discredit the vax by anti vaxxers.

Or "E" They didn't get the real VAXXX. They were to be used to encourage the masses to get the VAXXX. The "deep state" didn't want the newly aquirred mascots to drop dead after getting the VAX. But they ended up contracting the disease anyway, as they mistakenly believed they were now protected.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Seems to be a misunderstanding over what exactly vaccines are supposed to do; they will not prevent you from getting covid, what they are supposed to do is prevent you from getting serious symptoms

I wonder if getting covid will actually make them better musicians

Yeah. They keep moving the goal posts. Since it does nothing and is more dangerous than the disease. They simply make up the next claim that it makes the symptoms less severe.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Is your claim that we were told that vaccination offers 100% protection from infection?

polio is still infecting thousands in the states a day.

That is absolutely not true. I don't know why you would post such a blatant untruth. The United States has been free of polio since 1979. Thanks to the efforts of the Rotary Club, polio has been practically eradicated from the Earth, except for a few isolated cases in Africa.

Polio Elimination In The United States

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We were told for weeks and weeks that break through cases would be extremely rare.

Seem to be popping up an awful lot lately.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
breakthrough cases used to be referred to as vaccine failures. Wonder why they stopped doing that?

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Is your claim that we were told that vaccination offers 100% protection from infection?

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person's immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease.

Source: www.cdc.gov...

Immunity: medical : the power to keep yourself from being affected by a disease

Source: www.merriam-webster.com...

Seems as though the so-called COVID “vaccines” do not fit the medical definition of vaccine, eh?

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Uh, he was being pretty blatantly sarcastic, as far as I could tell. I chortled pretty hard at it myself.

The point was the gulf between the polio vax being effective, and no outbreaks, compared to the covid ones NOT being effective, and plenty of vaccinated outbreaks.
edit on 9/1/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Uh, he was being pretty blatantly sarcastic, as far as I could tell. I chortled pretty hard at it myself.

The point was the gulf between the polio vax being effective, and no outbreaks, compared to the covid ones NOT being effective, and plenty of vaccinated outbreaks.

That didn't even occur to me. Thanks so much for pointing that out! Inflection is so hard to tell from the written word sometimes. Thanks again!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join