It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Fast Food Clusters Closed due to lack of Workers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
36k a year for 4 years, many many schools cost that much

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: carewemust

Perfect example.
4+ years and $150k in expenses to get a job that didn't require a degree.

My daughter goes to university, tuition is NOwhere near 150K.
I was actually shocked, shocked how cheap tuition was.

What is expensive, food, housing. That’s expensive even if you don’t go to college.
It’s really expensive if you finance it over 4-6 years!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Menards $15.75 an hour sign on the door.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think one positive of the lockdowns is many people got on the internet and watched videos and took an interest in cooking their own food as well. If you develop a habit of cooking your own food it is tough to break and I've found that eating fast food makes me feel like total garbage after eating it which is why I rarely eat any fast food.

I have not eaten McDonalds in well over a year and Burger King its been almost 2. I never ate a lot of it but on occasion did. After having some of the worst food in my life at these places I gave it up and wont go back. If you like fast food that is your choice more power to you. I understand the convenience but at this point in time the argument of it being "cheap" doesn't really hold up anymore in my opinion based on the rising costs. In my area I drive by two McDonalds, a Culvers, a BK, and a Chic Filet everyday on my way to work. With the exception of BK everything else seems busy, especially Chic Filet which always has a gigantic line.

An interesting side note is here in MN the state fair is a HUGE deal for most residents. I am not from here originally so I just don't get the appeal and have only been there twice in my 20 years of living here but the food stands and providers are having a gigantic issue getting help to staff the food stands. Some of these stands make killer money in the small amount of time and if I remember hearing from most years the jobs are very competitive to get

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

People just won't work these days. And it didn't start with covid. I Have been looking for someone to work for over 7 years. All you get is scammers. Show up to scam 2 or 3 days worth of pay, then they are own their way. The only factory here is offering 17.50 to start and a weeks paid vacation. My neighbor works there, he said they went through 70 people this week. That was yesterday. If you look at my signature. I came up with that riddle several years ago. Because of how people are these days.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Neobucket

This could probably be a whole other post, but I’m talking just tuition.

Yes room/board/etc costs money too, but that would be costs you would incur for even doing a trade.
If people just look at the cost of tuition it really isn’t that much, it actually might be shocking to some how affordable it is. The problem we have had is that we have allowed students to take out way way way way way way too much in regards to living costs. They rack up huge debt and then everyone cries that college is unaffordable. Yes actual tuition has gone up, but it is not 150K in the vast majority of places. Don’t believe me, look up the average cost of college for just tuition!

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

I have not eaten McDonalds in well over a year and Burger King its been almost 2.

I remember when McDonald’s was amazing, delicious fries, great burgers. Man, something changed big time, their food tastes terrible now. Don’t even get me started on BK, got food poisoning from there about 25 years ago and will never eat there again!

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hello!

I am on the my husband is the bread winner and he has a sweet work from job, that he is not going to give up anytime soon. I am a stay at home mom, I do have a degree but won't be using it anytime soon. i am not into wearing masks and if i can find a work from home job I would be willing to do that too. My husband doesn't have to wear a mask and he doesn't need to be vaccinated. I am sure other people are maybe taking stay at home jobs too.

Two of my kids unfortunately have to work in crappy jobs to get by, and they are both thankful that they have a job. My 20 year old does work fast food but she has to rent to pay and lives with her boyfriend, who unfortunately isn't working
My son works at a hotel he is the house person and he puts up with a lot of # too. We are trying to help him get a work from home tech job, just a help desk sort of job. He lives in maine and we are also trying to get him out of Maine to move down to Florida with us. He is iffy about it, he recently broke up with his girlfriend but they both live together, we'll see what happens.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I live in a low cost of living area and they are starting at $10 an hour, which is a big deal here. i would totally take a #ty job for $15 an hour!! when I had my good job in Maine I was making $16 an hour!! i thought that was sweet. I also had a second shift job working with Mental health patients and getting paid $14 an hour. The job I currently want, if you have a degree it's between $15-16 an hour, if you work with the state and have a bachelor's degree or higher then it's $20 an hour. So, I can't believe people are not willing tow ork for $15 an hour! I guess it also depends on how much the state takes out of your paycheck? In Florrida they don't take anything out, so my daughter making $11 an hour at popeye's was bringing home between $600-$800 per paycheck depending how much she worked and if she worked overtime, which she did quit a bit!

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
But when another poster says cost of school was 150k, they aren’t saying anything out of the ordinary. Most kids going to school are paying for room board etc...

It could be a brand new topic of discussion how expensive school is

a reply to: Neobucket

This could probably be a whole other post, but I’m talking just tuition.

Yes room/board/etc costs money too, but that would be costs you would incur for even doing a trade.
If people just look at the cost of tuition it really isn’t that much, it actually might be shocking to some how affordable it is. The problem we have had is that we have allowed students to take out way way way way way way too much in regards to living costs. They rack up huge debt and then everyone cries that college is unaffordable. Yes actual tuition has gone up, but it is not 150K in the vast majority of places. Don’t believe me, look up the average cost of college for just tuition!

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Charliebrowndog

I have not eaten McDonalds in well over a year and Burger King its been almost 2.

I remember when McDonald’s was amazing, delicious fries, great burgers. Man, something changed big time, their food tastes terrible now. Don’t even get me started on BK, got food poisoning from there about 25 years ago and will never eat there again!
There food is way better now than it was 5-10 years ago. You miss the pink slime?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join