It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do when your job gives you the vaccine ultimatum?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What to do when your job gives you the vaccine ultimatum?

Retire again .

edit on 8/11/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Just get the j&j vaccine if you're worried about mRNA.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hand them a Lawyer Ultimatum. No entity on this earth can force a medical procedure upon anyone without that person's permission. No ifs no buts.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AcrobaticDreams

So what does one do in my situation which mirrors tens of millions around the world? Does one accept one ideology (freedom) over another (societal control)? And what does that actually mean?

Are you really asking us, or is this you already knowing deep down this is atrocious?

#2 if enough people refuse what do you think will happen

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nemonimity

It’s still not like historical vaccines. I believe novovax would be a reasonable option that is based on the same science as most prior vaccines. But I don’t see anything about them filing with the FDA either.
Regardless, I don’t care which vaccine it is for covid. I’m not interested. No different than the annual campaign for the flu vaccine. But that’s just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Death before vax...the end result is the same.

Anyway, you're going to die anyway. Anyway.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PeteMitchell

Then why ask the question if you've made up your mind?

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I’m not the OP

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Make them fire me. They are already having a hard time filling our open positions. No mandate yet, and of the 8 people I work with only 3 have vax. Myself and 3 others are in not just no but hell no to vax category. If it comes to that in gonna try the religious exception route first but other wise they're going to have to fire me. Even if they do, it'll cause some mental anguish to my boss who, largely shares my faith. He'll have to fire his 3 most productive employees, and he knows that aside from that that we are good people and he will be forced to do evil to us. I will not submit. Not taking this vaccine is a hill in willing to die on. Not putting it in my under 18 children is a hill I'm willing to do worse on.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Correct, so that bit of input wasn't targeted at you.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Everyone on this site is essentially pro-choice. So that's the good news, you have a choice in deciding your fate. If you don't like your job then hell ya, see ya later, it's a great excuse to get out and find something.

If you are on the fence about getting the vaccine then please don't listen on this site. I have the benefit of working in healthcare, seeing first hand the destruction this virus has done. I also have the luxury of many doctors who have given me their opinions (personally and professionally). Of course there are some risks with the vaccine for some people but it is truly rare instances.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Everyone on this site is essentially pro-choice. So that's the good news, you have a choice in deciding your fate. If you don't like your job then hell ya, see ya later, it's a great excuse to get out and find something.

If you are on the fence about getting the vaccine then please don't listen on this site. I have the benefit of working in healthcare, seeing first hand the destruction this virus has done. I also have the luxury of many doctors who have given me their opinions (personally and professionally). Of course there are some risks with the vaccine for some people but it is truly rare instances.

Thanks for posting this as someone who works in healthcare. I'm curious as to what you think about the division in healthcare professionals concerning this "vaccine". Even in my own area, doctors and nurses seem to be divided. More seem to be for it than against it, but when I get conflicting opinions from people "in the know", that bothers me. A lot.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Thanks for posting this as someone who works in healthcare. I'm curious as to what you think about the division in healthcare professionals concerning this "vaccine". Even in my own area, doctors and nurses seem to be divided. More seem to be for it than against it, but when I get conflicting opinions from people "in the know", that bothers me. A lot.

The divide here is more with nurses than doctors. 95% of our doctors are vaccinated. Now, I based myself getting vaxxed from two doctors who work more closely with immune systems as such. A lot of the doctors I've talked to will admit that they don't know enough about the virus itself (not their expertise in terms of the root of it).

We've just recently put a mandate on to be vaccinated by 9/1. We've gotten some pushback as expected but an overwhelming amount of support from nurses and other health professionals.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AcrobaticDreams

You know the old saying?

"Don't cut off your nose to spite your face."

But I won't pretend to tell you what to do except to counts the factual/real pluses and minus of any action.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
How can a business function if 50% of the employees all leave at the same time because of vaccination requirements? Every business in town has hiring signs up. Just all stay strong together.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I should also note that I have not had 1 conversation with any doctors where they have indicated to not get the vaccine. Some of these doctors I have a more close relationship and I feel comfortable being straight forward about it lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
How can a business function if 50% of the employees all leave at the same time because of vaccination requirements? Every business in town has hiring signs up. Just all stay strong together.

It won't be pretty that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

And I expanded why your solution isn’t a solution for some

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
To be honest I hope a sizeable minority of Healthcare workers give the two finger salute to the jabs. Imagine losing 10-30% of practicing nurses right at the beginning of cold/ flu season. Throw in some VADE hitting the ones left at the same time, with some OAS enhancement to the regular ronaviri in common circulation. It would be poetic justice. I've come across a couple of people here lately that make it hard not to root for ADE and OAS in the vaccinated.

There is a blowback building, not just in the vaccine hesitant, but also in the vaxed who are starting to learn that they aren't as safe as they were led to believe, and also in those who took the vax but don't believe you should be forced to do so to keep your job.

On a personal note my father has been in the hospital since Friday with the Rona. My brother saw him for the first time since last year the day he got sick, and got sick afew days later. Isolated himself at some property we own, treated it with some vitamins and Budesonide and is feeling better. Guess which one is vaccinated.
edit on 11-8-2021 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2021 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No you threw out non sequiturs. If someone is worried about mRNA based vaccines they can get the j&j vaccine.

If you don't want choice "A+Y" because you're worried about "Y" than do "B" in which "Y" isn't a variable.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join