It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Time to Start Boycotting Businesses that Hire Illegals?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There is a chicken company in Arkansas, the one that sounds like a boxer than a college in Indiana, that has dormitories on their grounds with schools between the dorms and the factory floor that teach English. The whole campus is surrounded by a chainlink fence like a low grade prison.

I would say it is a pretty big business considering JB Hunt himself used to drive for them as a young truck driver. Who saved his pennies and bought a couple extra trucks and got some friends to drive them and kept doing so until he had more trucks with his name on them than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
...but those big companies are for the most part adhering to the laws.

No, they aren't. Agro is the largest single industry user of illegal immigrant labor and this includes meat packers. The majority of meat packing in the United States is done by four producers and they are notorious for using illegals.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. That's what I get for assuming based on just the few examples that I know, thanks for the correction

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Koch Foods, Tyson Foods and Cargill just to name a few recent offenders.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   

We need to crack down on companies that hire them and get rid of the illegals that are here.

You can start doing that when you're prepared to pay more for goods and services which will probably be right around the same time all of you stop shopping at Walmart so we can get off of China's tit.

True, however this would work itself out in the American citizen's favor by way of pay scale increase.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   

True, however this would work itself out in the American citizen's favor by way of pay scale increase.

Would it? What makes you think people will want to pay more for goods/services and the companies will not continue to drive for decreasing payroll via various means?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Tim86 As long as they do not feed off public services, learn english, buy their own insurance, pay tuition for their children and follow the law I don't mind so much.
But they do not.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I remember a President a long, long time ago that wanted to get out from under China but he wrote mean tweets or so they taught the sheep...and they bleated “Orange. Man. Bad.” until one day he went away after his supporters were arrested and charged with not agreeing with what they were told or Insurrection is what they called it...kinda like with Deplorable, they were proud of the nickname.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I remember a President a long, long time ago that wanted to get out from under China but he wrote mean tweets or so they taught the sheep...and they bleated “Orange. Man. Bad.” until one day he went away after his supporters were arrested and charged with not agreeing with what they were told or Insurrection is what they called it...kinda like with Deplorable, they were proud of the nickname.

It's no surprise that all the Bezos type business makers of American society were so excited to get him a seat in the white house.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Bezos and Trump were very much at odds. What would Amazon sell without Chinese made goods?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Would it? What makes you think people will want to pay more for goods/services and the companies will not continue to drive for decreasing payroll via various means?

It's simple supply and demand. If there are less employees available naturally employers will have to raise their pay rates to attract workers.

For example in Florida you have a flood of people moving into the state and so there are less jobs per person as opposed to Iowa where there are much more jobs available per person. The employers in Florida can be much more picky and can also keep pay rates low because there is a larger pool to choose from and people will work for less because if they don't the next guy will. This lowers the pay rates.

In Iowa there is much more jobs available per person. In this case instead of like Floridains, where employees have to compete against each other, the employers have to compete against each other to get employees. This raises the pay rates.

In the case of people willing to pay more for their products and services, what other option would they have?

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The thing about this situation is that these large companies take huge advantage of this situation by flying, bussing and by whatever means getting all they can of these workers in order to take advantage of all the incentives and tax breaks that is offered to them by way of their lobbying efforts to pass laws in their favor.

So by name what are we talking about here as the big companies doing this. The Goverment can also go to them and say this stops now...Fix it or we will get involved.

ALL large production companies do this. The government doesn't stop this because these large corporations lobby the government and have them pass these laws that make this possible. My local Tyson Foods plant employs about 1500 people and about 1000 of them are imported labor.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

In the case of people willing to pay more for their products and services, what other option would they have?

Plenty, there's always someone willing to find a way to cut labor expenses, automation is a good example. Consumers are used to the convenience of low price. If people now are willing to buy cheap imported garbage over American-made goods why do you think they'd be willing to pay more for nearly everything using your scenario?

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Plenty, there's always someone willing to find a way to cut labor expenses, automation is a good example. Consumers are used to the convenience of low price. If people now are willing to buy cheap imported garbage over American-made goods why do you think they'd be willing to pay more for nearly everything using your scenario?

Let me know when they even come close to automating housing construction.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
The man that started that business di mucho damage to the lake and streams in Arkansas during the Clinton Governorship. It is said and written in news outlets regarding the damage. The whole state was run by Outlaws during his gov reign in the state. With Clitnons being the main outlaw. We wanted him gone. He was drppoing guns and other Iran Contra stuff on the top of Petitjean Mtn for the dirty sheriff to "get the drop" and keep them for him.......no one said a word. He also had the do drops in Mene for those who have never heard the stories where 2 you men were kill on the train tracks in Mena. They told that the boys fell asleep on the tracks but the engineer told a different story and so did others who investigated the scene. Those boys were dead then the were placed on the track to make it look like they had fallen asleep as per directions of Gov. Clinton himself. It took twenty plus years clean those streams and lakes up using tax payer money.
Mr.T, who had friends in high places, flew the Clintons everywhere they wanted to go and introduce them to very high up people that helped advance Clintons Career. Then he finally got out of the state and went to DC..........where his power grew sadly!

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Sure.

The homes will be made of modular panels that are printed out by their partner Mighty Buildings at a facility in Oakland and are assembled at the building site "kind of like Lego blocks," Starr said.

Yeah this is not even close.

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yeah this is not even close.

Yeah, tons of people running around nailing it together like it's still old school time, right? It's here...

edit on 4-8-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmm does it print the foundation, wiring, plumbing, roof, tile, carpet, cabinets, drywall, paint, windows, insulation, heating/air, ducts or fixtures? You know the other 95%😂

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm just going to say this because it is what I feel. You don't have to publicly object to what I say as I know most here will not like it.

I am tired of the "us vs. them" theme running through this country on every front. We are all humans, we all have problems, and we are all trying the best we can to get by.

If one million illegals have crossed the border, do we know how many left in the previous four years? I live in a city with a very high concentration of people who only speak Spanish. We also have the best, south of the border, food in the country IMO. I saw a lot of fear in the Hispanic communities right before Trump was elected. I know many left, but I don't have any idea how many.

I know how much has been spread about the problems illegals bring into our country, but problems can be solved. I don't believe closing the border will solve anything. To me that's just a band-aid that will eventually peel off.

I've been on this planet for more than a couple of years, and I've noticed that the only way problems really get solved is by asking questions and taking ownership of the problem. How many of us take the time to do that? I'm not whistling Dixie here, I'm referring to real-time problems and real-time solutions. I've seen problems solved by the worst possible solutions just because of a little follow through. I realize the language barrier can make this extremely difficult, but I've never seen a basic human problem without a solution.

So, what are we to do? I honestly don't know, but I know what is getting in the way of finding out, because it is always the same thing. There is no "us". There is no "them". There is a "we", but "we" aren't doing a whole lot because "we" can't hear each other over the fighting.

I ask one thing, and one thing only. Please stop listening to anger. The only thing that ever solved is the time it takes to do a census count - for both sides. You'd think we would have seen enough of that already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join