It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla, Tesla, tesla, junk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Hopefully fusion will be developed soon. For now we need all energy sources until we make something that is truely clean.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
a reply to: Nunyabizisitk have read the batteries that are used in Tesla’s power walls and for the mega packs are actually the factory seconds that are not suitable to be used in the premium car products.

Could explain why they are so volatile on homes and battery farms.

I've heard the same, but can't find any evidence of such.

I suspect the house fires are due to powerwall installations having far more variables than autos.

Usage, weather, animals, grid issues, installer error, etc.

But whatever the cause, house fires are unacceptable.

Should not be on the market until resolved.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: zardust
a reply to: andy06shake

What are the environmental effects of building these alternative technologies?

It’s been a few years since I’ve burst my electric car driving friends bubbles about the gravity of building these techs. Nobody gives a # about kids in cobalt mines.

I’m behind the times. Do these produce net kilowatt hours yet? Are they produced without child labor and raping the earth?

How many diesel generators will be running to help out?

I may be getting my streams crossed with these techs. I love the idea but usually it’s a Tesla plugged into a diesel generator type of situation that we end with.

Or giant graveyards of windmills.

I realize we aren’t talking e cars. Just examples

Cobalt mining is still horrendous.

But Tesla uses none.

Excellent point on power source though.

Where I live most Tesla owners (there are many here) are solar charging at home or work.

I suspect that isn't the case in many other locations.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zardusttje tesla scam is a scam here in Australia the batteries for homes are just a tad under $17,000 aud.

The solar panels are another $10,000, do 37k for the initial installation.

If my power bill is on average $1600 or 48k over this 30 years. to recoup my investment on solar and battery would take almost 32 years though the Tesla battery has a lifespan of approx 8 yeArs according to Tesla degradation stats.

So I would be up for approx $78,000 over the same period with solar panels and 4 Tesla batteries. Though this does not take into account solar label replacement.

So really is Tesla a great investment of not?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   

You already know the answer to that.

And so does everyone else.

But doesn't matter to brainwashed democrats who purchase them.

Or governments who subsidize them.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Those are the types of numbers i tend to see when we actually get to the nitty gritty.

Found this. It appears that Tesla car batteries are still dependent on the slave labor of African children. I wonder how many BLM supporters drive Tesla?

I forgot BLM only means Americans.

asia.nikkei.com...

They expect to start development in 2-3 years!!
edit on 30 7 2021 by zardust because: (no reason given)

edit on 30 7 2021 by zardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit
I haven’t had luck finding whether the batteries are seconds, though I don’t think Tesla will admit it. Public relations and all that.

Agreed the house fires are unacceptable, tho only way I may consider one if the battery is on a one inch thick steel canister air tight with a halon fire system installed within.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Funny thing almost all car makers go full electric but according a study of Bank of America there will be a huge shortage of battery's in 2025.
shortage of battery's 2025

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I haven’t had luck finding whether the batteries are seconds, though I don’t think Tesla will admit it. Public relations and all that.

Agreed the house fires are unacceptable, tho only way I may consider one if the battery is on a one inch thick steel canister air tight with a halon fire system installed within.

Powerwall isn't worth the trouble here, but sounds like your utility costs are much higher there.

Lots of panels here, but no powerwalls in my town.

(That I'm aware of)

Maybe just mount batteries and controllers on pedestal away from house instead?

I have a friend that filled 2 acres with elevated ground mount panels, and has batteries mounted there instead of on the house & convenience store that they power. (Not tesla)

I don't know any specs, but he insists it will pay for itself in 7 years.

Not sure if I believe it since rates are so low here, but c store is probably a heavy load, so maybe?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Oh look more planned shortages.

You’ll own nothing and be happy

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
Funny thing almost all car makers go full electric but according a study of Bank of America there will be a huge shortage of battery's in 2025.
shortage of battery's 2025

Shortage is already here.

Nearly every automaker, including tesla, are already holding back production & even launches due to lack of batteries.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Those are the types of numbers i tend to see when we actually get to the nitty gritty.

Found this. It appears that Tesla car batteries are still dependent on the slave labor of African children. I wonder how many BLM supporters drive Tesla?

I forgot BLM only means Americans.

asia.nikkei.com...

They expect to start development in 2-3 years!!

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have been so black & white there.

More accurate:

Tesla has made significant progress in greatly reducing cobalt already, and has some zero cobalt batteries in production. But will be at least several years before 100% cobalt free company wide.

insideevs.com...

Another interesting thing is that Tesla intends to gradually move away from cobalt in batteries. The amount of cobalt is already limited in Panasonic's NCA type and LG Energy Solution's NMC type, while CATL's LFP does not include cobalt at all.
Tesla will increase the use of LFP cathode chemistry in the future in cars, and most likely will use only LFP in energy storage systems (Powerwalls and Megapacks.).

edit on 30-7-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It’s sll smoke an mirrors, Tesla must use the same marketing company as apple. It’s cool.

Come in spinner.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   

It’s sll smoke an mirrors, Tesla must use the same marketing company as apple. It’s cool.

Come in spinner.

Agreed on powerwall and megas.

I think tesla is doing extremely well with autos though.

Especially in places like AZ with plenty of solar to power them.

Obviously not perfected yet though.

If I were to buy an electric car right now, I wouldn't even look at anything except tesla.

(maybe also Lucid, but not launched yet.)

No interest though.

That said, without solar to power them, what is the point?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NunyabizisitHer in Victoria I think the average kilowatt hour rate is 27 cents. Though wit government taxes etc, it’s hard to justify solar. Particularly where if is now a ballot that you apply for and you may or may not get a solar grant.

Though there are other things such as molten salt batteries which look interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Shortages equals an increase in price, create a false shortage to jack up prices.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   

a reply to: NunyabizisitHer in Victoria I think the average kilowatt hour rate is 27 cents. Though wit government taxes etc, it’s hard to justify solar. Particularly where if is now a ballot that you apply for and you may or may not get a solar grant.

Though there are other things such as molten salt batteries which look interesting.

I pay an average of 8 cents per kwh, based on average usage/time of day rates.

(A little more now that am home during day, but haven't looked it up yet)

I'm not even going to put panels on my house until costs drop another 50%.

Don't forsee ever adding batteries since nighttime grid power is nearly free here.

Am also interested in tower of power with molten salt battery, but don't know much about it.

Certainly not something suitable for home use though.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Toxic waste from solar panels is often overlooked. It’s much easier to be cool now and let our grandkids suffer from heavy metal poisoning from our green fantasy.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisitwow that is a decent kWh rate.

I wish mine eas that low.

I don’t know a great amount about the molten batteries, though with a lifespan of upto 50 years looks like a good investment.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Toxic waste from solar panels is often overlooked. It’s much easier to be cool now and let our grandkids suffer from heavy metal poisoning from our green fantasy.

www.forbes.com...

Most panels get recycled here, but no idea about anywhere else.

We actually have a large recycling plant nearby for electronics and panels.

They are also adding Li battery recycling in plant expansion soon.

This should have been in place before pushing to market.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join