It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla, Tesla, tesla, junk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Here in danland otherwise known as Victoria Australia.

Our government has been sucked in by the snake oil salesman other wise known as Elon’s musk, sounds like a cheap aftershave.

Our silly gubment are installing a solar farm and battery farm. Well it seems to have not turned out So successful.

This farm has not even been commissioned yet, though the Tesla batteries have blown up.

Our great gubment are allowing our coal powered power stations to be de-commissioned, such as yallourn.

This is a bit pathetic relying upon an unreliable technology such as volatile Tesla batteries which have been proven to be highly unstable.

Could you imagine if the whole farm goes kaboom, there would be a massive energy crisis.

This gubment is making a massive move to electric only, they have recently outlawed gas appliances in new homes with electric being your only option.

Talk about shoot ourself in the foot!!
www.google.com.au...

www.google.com.au...

www.afr.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

You get that the coal burning power stations release more carbon dioxide than oil or gas, so it's a big problem when it comes to climate change.

They also produce toxic elements like mercury and arsenic which are highly toxic and add to the air pollution.

Truth is nuclear power generation is your cleanest and safest option as long as you don't build them where they can be flooded like on the coast or along flood plains.

As to the Tesla batteries, plenty of other nations have charging stations and factories, its going to be and is a growth industry, and thats just how the future cookie appears to be crumbling.
edit on 30-7-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Had something similar start massive forest fire and burned entire town in California a while back.

Killed quite a few.

Nothing will stop brainwashed leftists and their global warming crusade

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to: andy06shake
Agreed with you nuclear is the best and only option, I realise the consequences of coal. I was just saying that we can’t put all eggs in one basket.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Totally agree with basket and eggs situation.

Thorium reactors seem pretty viable, are safer than a conventional nuclear plant, generate no carbon emissions as a by-product, and may be even more efficient than their fossil fuel counterparts.

Cant understand why we have not persuaded that technology as a means of producing and meeting our electrical needs and requirements.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The a reply to: Nunyabizisit
They are a deadly battery, one of my work mates is in the country fire association fire brigade, the advice from their chiefs is if they attend a house where a Tesla battery pack is on fire, they are directed to just walk away and let it burn.

Due to the volatility of Tesla batteries.

Though musky boy won’t admit his product is crap. Baffle the suckers and fanbois woth bs.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shakethe sad thing is people only see the negatives of nuclear power such as Long Island, Chernobyl, and Fukushima. As you stated the new breed of reactors are so much safer than what has been used in the past

The hard pill to swallow is the capital cost to build them.

Though the pill needs to be swallowed.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Well Thorium reactors don't produce weapons grade fissionable material like Pu-239 in the same manner as conventional nuclear reactors.

They don't get the nasty stuff to build more warhead cores, not that they need any more of that stuff imho.

Hence the reason the technology has not been pursued in a similar manner.

edit on 30-7-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
The a reply to: Nunyabizisit
They are a deadly battery, one of my work mates is in the country fire association fire brigade, the advice from their chiefs is if they attend a house where a Tesla battery pack is on fire, they are directed to just walk away and let it burn.

Due to the volatility of Tesla batteries.

Though musky boy won’t admit his product is crap. Baffle the suckers and fanbois woth bs.

All high density Li (and similar) batteries are very dangerous.

Not unique to Tesla.

Not a surprise at all that Tesla and other players are having difficulties when pushing the envelope.

And global warming crusade requires them to keep pushing envelope much faster than if no market interference from leftists everywhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=26011437]andy06shake[/po

I see it as the plant operator needs a return on investment to produce a saleable product, hence why diversify into a new investment that gives no return on investment.

It’s sad it’s all for the dollar.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisitoahtee they are really pushing the envelope, though, will they take responsibility should one of their brand new batteries self ignite and kills the family in the house just for a profit.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Very true.

And also very sad.

Sometime its like we choose not to see further than the nose on our puss.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   

And another link ....

Theregister.co.uk

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The biggest problem with nuclear, other than an accident and what to do with spent fuel, is how expensive it is to get rid of the plant when it is no longer usable. I think that before fueling, it only cost around $200,000 usd to shut it down and clean it up. After fueling it is around $150,000,000. How is one plant going to produce enough electricity to cover the shutdown and clean up? There is no profit in nuclear energy as it is now.

And yes, I would never put one of those batteries in my home.
edit on 7 30 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
a reply to: Nunyabizisitoahtee they are really pushing the envelope, though, will they take responsibility should one of their brand new batteries self ignite and kills the family in the house just for a profit.

I was referring to your mega battery.

The house fires are unacceptable.

But answer is same.

Global warming campaign is pushing technology to market before it should be.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shakesadly we are in the instant gratification mode, we want it now for a cheap cost, we don’t worry about the long term impacts of our thirst for cheap crap from China.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymrucheers, thankyou for this link.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge
It’s a really hard equation, It’s hard to get something that is safe and efficient.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What are the environmental effects of building these alternative technologies?

It’s been a few years since I’ve burst my electric car driving friends bubbles about the gravity of building these techs. Nobody gives a # about kids in cobalt mines.

I’m behind the times. Do these produce net kilowatt hours yet? Are they produced without child labor and raping the earth?

How many diesel generators will be running to help out?

I may be getting my streams crossed with these techs. I love the idea but usually it’s a Tesla plugged into a diesel generator type of situation that we end with.

Or giant graveyards of windmills.

I realize we aren’t talking e cars. Just examples

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisitk have read the batteries that are used in Tesla’s power walls and for the mega packs are actually the factory seconds that are not suitable to be used in the premium car products.

Could explain why they are so volatile on homes and battery farms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join