It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta Variant in the midwest and spreading fast!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
So is there actually some summer head cold currently going around the Midwest...or is it just Delta?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I can't say for you guys but here in the UK there's certainly a couple of various bugs/colds/viruses going round.

A lot of those coming for tests with full symptoms are coming back as negative for covid 19.

I've seen talk that our flu immunity is down a bit due to lockdown and social distancing last winter but not sure if that is true or just specualation.

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So is there actually some summer head cold currently going around the Midwest...or is it just Delta?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Mark08
It's called the summer cold. Well, before covid 19 that's what is was called.

Exactly. I got the shot and a couple weekends ago, I got a head cold which is how delta presents. Head felt like a cement block for two days. Did I have it? Who knows ...

I have someone who just mentioned yesterday they had a sinus infection (headcold) betting how much this is spreading here it is the Delta...

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: MiaBandetoh

that's an issue of company policy. Not a big deal, just the rules. But I would be concerned with how a vaccinated person got Covid and spread it, when we are being told that almost never happens. The fight is with the unvaxxed based on the White House. Although they have yet to define unvaxxed as opposed to possesses antibodies from a previous infection. Or is Science is still science. It's all up for debate.

This is now the 3rd person I know of that has been vaccinated and had a second case of Covid.

I am considering getting an antibody test done.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: MiaBandetoh

If covid-19 deaths begin increasing dramatically then we should take note. Otherwise it's best if everybody just gets their covid infection, get over it, and then move on with their life.

Yes the Delta seems highly contagious, but far less deadly, perhaps it was actually released to get anyone who refuses vaccination but has also not contracted the original?

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: inert

But I would be concerned with how a vaccinated person got Covid and spread it, when we are being told that almost never happens.
a reply to: network dude

There are 2 problems. The first is that there are so many unvaccinated people that vaccinated people will catch it from them. They may not know they have it. It would be at a very low viral dose compared to the unvaccinated people since their immune system is prepped to fight it. They will recover much faster, but this is the way it's supposed to work. The vaccine will prevent a serious case. It won't prevent all cases.

The second is that the delta variant didn't exist back when you heard it should never happen. The delta variant is much more transmissible and infectious. If more people were vaccinated, this would peter out as the virus can't really get going in a community. This is just like measles and how it spreads. If the community is well vacinated, it protects the unvaccinated because it can't spread easily. If the immunization rate is low, you have a local epidemic of measles.

The community doesn't just need to be Vaccinated they need to have Antibodies...which can be obtained naturally as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Remember we no longer have common cold or flu in the world anymore, they are all covid, we need booster shots now, every 6 months to make sure we do not die.

Yep common cold is gone, flu ? what is flu, it seems people that goes with what they think is the common summer cold to the doctors, test positive for covid.

Soo yes if you have a runny nose and sore throat, you better get tested because it could be covid.

treatment? well vax if you are not and go home take over the counter medication.

Oh, get ready guys, the Lambda Is here now, already they found cases in the US, I think that is how they call that one, Delta is old news now.

California as usual is the lucky winner of the first infected.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: timewarpedbrain7

Key phrase, 'covered entity', most employers are not covered entities.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
The vaccinated person didn't catch "Delta Variant" due to not wearing a mask. A mask offers ZERO protection from viruses. Only thing mask do is make people keep quiet.

And identify the compliant.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
originally posted by: SatansPride1
Sue who? All of the manufacturers have immunity under EUA. It is only if FDA approved and licensed that you can sue....they have been laughing for a while now.

In this, sue the business owner for

a) forcing me to wear a mask contrary to 'the science' for choosing not to get an unapproved injection, and

b) forcing me to self-isolate without pay while paying the vaxxed

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
originally posted by: SatansPride1
Sue who? All of the manufacturers have immunity under EUA. It is only if FDA approved and licensed that you can sue....they have been laughing for a while now.

In this, sue the business owner for

a) forcing me to wear a mask contrary to 'the science' for choosing not to get an unapproved injection, and

b) forcing me to self-isolate without pay while paying the vaxxed

You should try that and see how it goes.

Simultaneously, I suggest polishing up your resume, ensuring you have the local unemployment office address and getting really good at explaining the “complexity” behind your departure from your former employer.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: timewarpedbrain7
dont bother i believe you.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That's how it all started here too but now it's nothing but delta. The news was full of how we were going to have unseasonal colds/flus and then delta, delta, delta...

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yeah it's a combination of both here.

I'm still of the opinion we should all have really locked down hard on international travel.

It could have been a whole lot different if we had.

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hamburgler

Simultaneously, I suggest polishing up your resume, ensuring you have the local unemployment office address and getting really good at explaining the “complexity” behind your departure from your former employer.

So, you're saying I should just roll over and take it up the rear.

Got it. Good plan for restoring Liberty in America.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiaBandetoh
So a friend of mine works at a Grocery store, they are in management there and they have to keep tabs on employee vaccination. Any not vaccinated must continue to wear a mask as mandated by upper management in the Corporation.

That is not the part that is as worrisome as this. He knows who is vaccinated and who is not. This week a person that was VACCINATED contracted and spread the virus because they had no mask. (I am not advocating they should it is their policy). This person was given a 10 isolation and recovery with FULL PAY.

Now here is the scary and frightening part!

That person infected 3 other people in that department who were not Vaccinated (all had to be tested btw) .

Those 3 were furloughed with NO PAY for the same 10 days.

What kind of hypocrisy is this??? The person who contracted it was ALREADY VACCINATED!

I can't believe anyone even had to isolate, much less wear masks and get vaccinated since the virus is totally fake anyway.

It went away in Easter 2020, just like Supreme Leader Trump said it would!

#merica

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Yeah it's a combination of both here.

I'm still of the opinion we should all have really locked down hard on international travel.

It could have been a whole lot different if we had.

a reply to: ketsuko

That is what New Zealand has done and I agree limit international travel

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hamburgler

So, you're saying I should just roll over and take it up the rear.

Got it. Good plan for restoring Liberty in America.

You should have worn the mask to keep your job. Get the jab, that’s your personal choice, not your boss. The advice you were given actually is there to help you. I’m seeing a struggle with humility take place, you might need to humble yourself like many others do to survive. Or try and keep that precious snowflake of yours close, it might melt.
edit on 24-7-2021 by Neobucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neobucket
You should have worn the mask to keep your job.

Why on earth should I do that when masks have been shown to do very little to absolutely nothing to stop the spread, but do pose a serious health risk to the one wearing it?

Get the jab, that’s your personal choice, not your boss.

Not if tptb get their way (personally I don't think they will, I'll be employing the same tactic I just learned about here where I'll sue my employer to force them to start policing every possible contagion out there from the cold and flu to measles, TB and everything else. If they're going to take responsibility for the Covid, they have to do it for everything.

The good news is, this will force them to realize not just the impracticality of such nonsensical policies, they'll see the irrationality of them as well. Or at least some will.

The advice you were given actually is there to help you.

Yes, yes, yes. "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."

No thanks, you can keep your 'help', thank you very much. Don't need it, don't want it.

I’m seeing a struggle with humility take place, you might need to humble yourself like many others do to survive. Or try and keep that precious snowflake of yours close, it might melt.

Or, people like you need to acquire a serious dose of 'mind-your-own-#ing-business' and 'my-body-my-choice'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join