It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10000 new infections in Thailand today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, I guess it is Thailand's turn this time around. A reported 10000 new cases today alone. Also it was stated that the hospitals can't handle the load. People now are dying in there homes. Over 60000 Japanese reside in Thailand at the moment.

May get tough in all Asia soon. Korea is again getting hit hard. I don't have the numbers for today, but the news was not good there either.

Japan's vax rate varies among age group, but soft toning the vax program seems to be working here. I don't have the percentage, not that it would matter these days, so much fudging the figures going on around the world, I don't take figures as real any more.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
How convenient to the country that both created this mess and also wants that island. Its almost like China had released a strain over there.

Nah, couldn't be.....

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
They should reach herd immunity in no time at all.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Which island in Thailand (hey, that rhymes!) is it that China wants? Or are you referring to Taiwan? a reply to: Joneselius

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Does anyone else want to scream! On the news etc. illness, now many have died. how many will live, vaccinations, now that the United States is opening up and we are reviving our economy...oh no! A new strain of illness is about...we may have to go backwards and shut everything down again; lay people off their jobs, and lose hope.

I hope and pray that they find a way to save their people from the horribleness of the illnesses, i am just wondering what group of people have orchestrated (the covid plot).

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae
The UN, Council of 300, Club of Rome, World Economic Forum

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thailands turn indeed, what's weird is they went from having an extremely small number of cases from 2/15/20 to a small bump a year later and now it's spiking. But with only 381,907 cases out of a population of 70 million, they seem to be set up for a run-through of their population. With its proximity to China it's amazing it took this long,

Interestingly it is a country that uses Hydroxychloroquine extensively for other ailments and they have used it for COVID. Perhaps it took awhile for a new strain to become prevalent

c19hcq.com...

It looks like the Delta variant didn't hit Thailand till much later than some places

Asia including Thailand has just 2 major variants Alpha and Delta while North America has Alpha Gamma Delta and Iota

nextstrain.org...

edit on 16-7-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Herd immunity don't work against RNA virus which mutates fast. As soon as they reach herd immunity more mutants pop up. Think influenza.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: joseluer24

originally posted by: butcherguy

Herd immunity don't work against RNA virus which mutates fast. As soon as they reach herd immunity more mutants pop up. Think influenza.

Yes but most variant mutations become less and less lethal than the originals. So far that's bearing out in the data yes there are more cases but so far hospitalizations and deaths are much less, not that can change with another variant.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Anyone who lives there who can confirm?

They said the same thing about California a few months back but everyone who lives here knew nobody getting sick, let alone a crisis

edit on bFriday202137b by Infinitis because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: joseluer24
Just like Putnam6 is saying, viral attenuation doesn’t work that way. They want to survive, they become more easily contagious while at the same time less lethal.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
How convenient to the country that both created this mess and also wants that island. Its almost like China had released a strain over there.

Nah, couldn't be.....

While perfecting delivery of their bio-weapon, China was pleased to learn that no other countries were offended by the millions of deaths caused by the weapon during its testing phase.

They now aim it at Taiwan, with Covid-19 variances included in the attack.

(But no countries will care enough to do anything in retaliation)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I really hope it's not a bioweapon.

But maybe it is, and then disinformers and misinformers become complicit in an enemy act of war.

Then the shot becomes mandatory or you're an "enemy combatant" for refusing.

I'm hoping it's a natural pathogen.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Dear musicismagic,

Thanks for this post, S&F from me mate...

I follow a man from TX, USA who met his wife, (Thai), 15 years ago in the USA.

After being married for 10 years they decided to retire in Thailand...6 years ago almost.

Yes, Thailand is like other places now. Confusion, constantly changing policies, and the population is getting burned out with restrictions. And, the same sad story; businesses are folding left and right! Folks are freaking out about not being able to make a living and feed their families. It is the same sad story worldwide at the moment. Look at South Africa to see what happens when people are provoked too far, and "kept back" too long.

I watch his blog to get a "man on the street" view of Thailands current covid efforts, trials and tribulations, etc. No, I don't want to move there..Ha! I follow hid blog mainly because it is close to our beloved Oz; like our "back yard". I also have an old workmate who is in a relationship with a Thai lady, here in OZ...he met her here in Oz. And it helps me to understand her ways better.

He shows them shopping for everyday items, etc. They go to malls, they are EMPTY. They stay at really nice hotels, (offering discounts because hotels are struggling real bad too.); and the hotels are empty.. Sometimes they are the ONLY folks staying for the weekend.

It is also a good teacher of how Thai "culture" does it thing.

Sad to hear this news. Thailand WAS doing really good at keeping the numbers down... sigh.

He says the jab isn't available in his province... most jabs are sent and used in Bangkok.

He plans on getting the jab once it is available. (Bad idea IMHO, but it is his body, his choice.) The TX, USA farang (what Thai people call foreigners, it means foreigner..Ha!), is going to be fuming over this news! He does travel throughout Thailand on his videos. And since he is such a "travel nut"; he is getting the jab when he and his wife can, so maybe he and his wife can travel freely again.

I don't think that is how it will work out for him, but I wish him the best despite my own beliefs.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Bangkok shut down again and the Thai people up north are saying it will be Korat, then Khon Kean, then Udon Thani as people flee Bangkok. Chang Mai another tourist destination already has problems.

OK here is what I seem to know. Last month the decision was made to open a few tourist destinations like Phuket and one or two islands providing those who would come jump through a few hoops and have a covid test within 72 hours before coming.

Phuket had 7 people arrive and come down with COVID.... not sure if they had the 14 day hotel stay and then released or were released straight on to the street ?

Before Bangkok's latest shut down a Thai national arrived covid free, spent 14 days in a lock down hotel (not Cheap), and then went up north for a grand family reunion. One week later they were in the hospital with COVID. Those at the reunion went on to infect over 300 in Udon alone.. Last week it was 6000 in one day, then 7000, then 9000 a few days ago and now what the Op posted. Most are in Bangkok but it will spread as people in Bangkok can not work or survive without a job so they go home to families all over the country.

Several people who received the Chinese vaccine have had bad reactions so most of the Thais I know will not take the Chinese jab.

Unfortunately it appears some of the COVID stuff is being turned into a money making proposition. The Expats I know who are old and afraid of covid are being told it will be October before a Vaccine is available for them. They have to get their names on a hospital list "now" if they want the jab. Passport has to be translated into the Thai language (1000 baht about $30 usd....stupid and unnecessary) and the shot is 3800 Baht paid in advance..

I am glad I was not stupid enough to get the Chinese shot (I have doctor friends and could have) before some of the bad reaction reports started coming in. I am healthy active and feel fine. If I get covid and die then fine but I would really be pissed if I got a shot that killed me or put me in a wheel chair... I am waiting for more data/reports before I do anything.. My body my decision.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, Florida with a population of ~22,000,000 people, has gone up a bunch too.

New infections in Florida yesterday 7/15 were 7,011
New infections in Florida today 7/16 were 8,225

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good to hear you are doing fine, sky. I know you have first hand info there. I saw on TV a short documentary on the devastating economic collapse of the small businesses in rural Thailand. Sad to see how all the people are REALLY suffering there. Bangkok has changed since the last time I was there and I'm sure the people are really nervous this time around.

Now Tokyo is getting hit real hard. I just wonder if agents off the CCP have infiltrated areas around the world with an aerosol with a bio-weapon and those people doing it have the anti-dote for it .

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Of course they have.

They are eager to shut the world down again.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   

ha we got them beat, according to the MSM's pandemic fear campaign the U.S. is now averaging over 1000 new delta cases a hour.

you gotta get the vaccine man.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
... hospitals can't handle the load.

Can someone in Thailand go to the local hospitals and confirm that they are overflowing? 'Cuz the last time they reported that, the hospitals turned out to be basically empty.

Why do people even believe anything they say anymore?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join