It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Black Billionaire Wants $14 trillion in Reparations for Black Americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikemp44
While I am of the thought that reparations for Black Americans can and should be discussed,

I stopped reading right there.

Blacks are owed nothing.

If anything they owethe rest of America for the continued violence and economic drain from their communities nationwide. The black populace is a tax net loss on this country and has never been any different since their emancipation.

Facts aren't racist.

What?

You think it's okay to talk about stealing from ME and MY children and not the other way around?

Give my Grandpa and Father their tax money back!

I'm not kidding!

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM
a reply to: Mikemp44

Is it me or are almost all billionaires wanting to do something that makes no sense and would probably harm more than help?

Gates wants to dim the sun, Johnson wants reparations...does having ludicrous amounts of dollars make people insane?

And yeah, Native Americans should be on the list first, if there's going to be reparations.

Freaking insanity is smiled upon these days.

There's a lot of guilt with the Hollywood set. They have so much money they have to virtue signal to convince themselves they didn't get rich selling smut and violence.

Meh, they sell what people buy.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Is it me or are almost all billionaires wanting to do something that makes no sense and would probably harm more than help?

Gates wants to dim the sun, Johnson wants reparations...does having ludicrous amounts of dollars make people insane?

And yeah, Native Americans should be on the list first, if there's going to be reparations.

There's a lot of guilt with the Hollywood set. They have so much money they have to virtue signal to convince themselves they didn't get rich selling smut and violence.

People use to buy other people

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

originally posted by: vonclod

People use to buy other people

And still do..no doubt about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It's very simple what must be done. Give every Black American alive today $400,000 cash, a $400,000 home and $2,500 a month for life. That's not even a million dollars and it should cover the debt that America owes Blacks. a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Afirmative action was an attempt at reperations and we see how well that turned out.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyJoeSmiths
It's very simple what must be done. Give every Black American alive today $400,000 cash, a $400,000 home and $2,500 a month for life. That's not even a million dollars and it should cover the debt that America owes Blacks. a reply to: LSU2018

America doesn't owe Black Americans anything MORE.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Give every Black American alive today $400,000 cash, a $...

Any Black American? Just those who can trace themselves back to slavery? What about mixed race? It all becomes silly.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Agreed and that is why it needs to be "Discussed" as anyone with half a brain knows that punishing the current generation for something a past generation did has no basis in logical reality. If that were the case I think the Jews would own a good portion of the middle east no?

It's truly unfortunate that there are those who believe they are owed something for doing nothing, not how I was raised and not how I raise my kids either.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: There is a problem with reparations . In order for the government to pay blacks with a check or direct deposit , you need a bank account? In order to have a bank account , you need photo identification? Im calling racism on this black billionaire, because his plan would require blacks to require ID and WE ALL KNOW THAT IS RACIST Mikemp44
While I am of the thought that reparations for Black Americans can and should be discussed, I feel like this was almost a bit too much. From my perspective this man has become a Billionaire following the American dream and working his butt off to create a highly desirable media channel (and then some). YET he is also demanding reparations from a country that he himself claims is systemically racist (which itself has merit with law and order) and that somehow closing the wealth gap for only Black Americans is the best way to do this, plus a sincere apology of course.

Article Here

I just see irony here. IF this country is as racist as many claim, how the hell did he become a billionaire? Also, if we need to address all the wrongs of white people in America, shouldn't the Native Americans be first in line? What about the Latinos, America has royally screwed many of their home countries up, and historically they have been oppressed almost as badly as the Black community. What about other minorities? How about middle easterners and everything we have done to their countries? I just see a spiral of finger pointing and this all becoming a grand social class action lawsuit where there are so many plaintiffs everyone gets a check for $25.00 when all is said and done and our country goes completely bankrupt.

Anyway I digress, I just thought it was interesting that a man who proved the American system works, and obviously cannot be AS racist as we are portrayed (America) if he was able to become a billionaire as an American.

As a footnote I support meaningful change for all disenfranchised Americans, not just Black Americans, and until we all come back together and realize that WE ALL made this country great, not just old white men, then nothing will get better or improve.

AND

The ruling, disgusting elites who believe themselves Gods among men long ago stopped caring about color, and they only use it on us to keep us divided. Without it they would lose that control, so guess what we need to do.....

Also, for those who will jump to lite me on fire as they assume I am White, you are right and I am. HOWEVER my Family has never owned slaves or anyone, and we didn't come to America from Scotland until well after Slavery ended, but I guess because I'm white that is all that matters I guess......

Family motto - "Death before Dishonor"

edit on 2-7-2021 by ThothHermes because: .

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

And when they're back on welfare a generation later, then do we do it again? And again? And again?

Affirmative action really should have been enough to bring black people into the middle class.

I think welfare doomed them. Welfare creates "warrior cultures" because it gives people no way to feel like they contribute to society. Nothing to be proud of. So they start to convince themselves they are "warriors".

Even if working sucks, by the end of the day you know you made some kind of a difference. Even if the only difference is someone else didn't have to mop that floor because you did it. It gives men a way to hold onto the respect of their children and childrens' mother, which in turn can reduce the tendency toward single parent families.

But if you just drop money in their pocket, they don't get any of that social part with it (and most of them would gladly trade the money away, to get that part.)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I believe it was something like... $350,000+ each.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I guess we are just expected to create more wealth out of thin air? Since that is impossible it would merely serve to devalue all existing assets. Heck, hasn't our Dollar been trampled enough? First goes the crucial precious metal backing, now this crap?

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You just want your life handed to you on easy st. Pathetic. You understand what would happen to the kids in the communities you suggest creating? They would be lazy like you and not have skills or will to care for themselves and their family. Your suggestion is based in greed for yourself, the short sightedness shows you don’t seek to help anyone but yourself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join