It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Black Billionaire Wants $14 trillion in Reparations for Black Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Can I get a couple of million in reparations for having my family history traced back 500 years and not having any history of slavery…..none…..whatsoever……but being accused of it because I’m white…..!???

Just asking for a friend….

originally posted by: Mikemp44
While I am of the thought that reparations for Black Americans can and should be discussed, I feel like this was almost a bit too much. From my perspective this man has become a Billionaire following the American dream and working his butt off to create a highly desirable media channel (and then some). YET he is also demanding reparations from a country that he himself claims is systemically racist (which itself has merit with law and order) and that somehow closing the wealth gap for only Black Americans is the best way to do this, plus a sincere apology of course.

Article Here

I just see irony here. IF this country is as racist as many claim, how the hell did he become a billionaire? Also, if we need to address all the wrongs of white people in America, shouldn't the Native Americans be first in line? What about the Latinos, America has royally screwed many of their home countries up, and historically they have been oppressed almost as badly as the Black community. What about other minorities? How about middle easterners and everything we have done to their countries? I just see a spiral of finger pointing and this all becoming a grand social class action lawsuit where there are so many plaintiffs everyone gets a check for $25.00 when all is said and done and our country goes completely bankrupt.

Anyway I digress, I just thought it was interesting that a man who proved the American system works, and obviously cannot be AS racist as we are portrayed (America) if he was able to become a billionaire as an American.

As a footnote I support meaningful change for all disenfranchised Americans, not just Black Americans, and until we all come back together and realize that WE ALL made this country great, not just old white men, then nothing will get better or improve.

AND

The ruling, disgusting elites who believe themselves Gods among men long ago stopped caring about color, and they only use it on us to keep us divided. Without it they would lose that control, so guess what we need to do.....

Also, for those who will jump to lite me on fire as they assume I am White, you are right and I am. HOWEVER my Family has never owned slaves or anyone, and we didn't come to America from Scotland until well after Slavery ended, but I guess because I'm white that is all that matters I guess......

Family motto - "Death before Dishonor"

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Do you think in a few hundred years they will talk about reparations for all of us existing under slavery now(forced taxation), as a distraction from whatever scam the riggers think up then?
I bet they do.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here's another Sowell quote.

To say that one has been compensated is to say that things have been set right.
Slavery can neither be forgotten nor forgiven. Certainly NOT by those who never suffered it personally, and certainly NOT in exchange for money or other benefits. —Thomas Sowell (Race & Culture: A World View)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If I remember it rightly, in England at least, the Magna Carta was signed by the king of England and the people of England to stop massive taxation of the people of England…….if you run a business then you pay taxes… if your a layman working for a business then you don’t pay taxes……yet here we are, paying outlandish taxes in this day and age……

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Do you think in a few hundred years they will talk about reparations for all of us existing under slavery now(forced taxation), as a distraction from whatever scam the riggers think up then?
I bet they do.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikemp44

My ancestors came over on a steamship from Italy in 1910, after slavery ended. Do I still have to pay?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

A hahahahahaha Good luck with that fella!

Who on earth do they think they are.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

My ancestors came over on a steamship from Italy in 1910, after slavery ended. Do I still have to pay?

Yes. Because despite the history of lynching Italian immigrants in the US, all that matters is Italians are now deemed to be white....and therefore, completely culpable for the other lynchings.

Keep up.

edit on 29-6-2021 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
At 400k per, a single mother with 6 kids would be a cool 2.8 million. How much would anyone want to bet she would be 1 million in debt in less than 5 years.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
At 400k per, a single mother with 6 kids would be a cool 2.8 million. How much would anyone want to bet she would be 1 million in debt in less than 5 years.

As much as I think this reparations thing is nonsense, your prejudicial expectations are worse.

Everyone is unique, no matter what colour there skin is.

Don't stereotype, it helps no one.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Descendants of Union Soldiers killed in the Civil War are exploring legal ways to claim an equal share !!😎

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

As much as I think this reparations thing is nonsense, your prejudicial expectations are worse.

Everyone is unique, no matter what colour there skin is.

Don't stereotype, it helps no one.

Its not stereotype... BTW what one would you think it was...lol If you look at lottery winners the majority end up in deep debt after a few years, who would this be any different. BTW should rich Black people get it too?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Some people are woefully short in the logic department.

Scratch that. Make it most people.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My opinion on reparations is that they would be covered under the Constitution as a ex post facto law. At the time slavery was legal. It was made illegal. Reparations would be collective punishment on everyone for a legal action that happened over 157 years ago. Thereby it's a ex post facto or retroactive law. Banned in Article 1 section 9 of the Constitution.

Also it would be a Bill of Attainder. A legislative act that singles out an individual or group for punishment without a trial.

I'm afraid reparations are all sorts of ways Unconstitutional. And that's not even looking in the Amendments like the 5th and the 14th.

Doesn't the wording of the 14th here make reparations Unconstitutional?

But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations, and claims shall be held illegal and void.

I would say reparations are unconstitutional here by the wording of the 14th amendment as a claim of emancipation. The blacks were given their freedom but denied any rights for recompense.
edit on 29-6-2021 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
14 trillion in reparations?

SURE!!
Should happen.
Yes.
Should be invested into the public school system, with a focus on inner city schools and black communities,to make it the most robust, most successful educational organization in history.

Get their kids a top notch education and black folks will want for nothing, future generations will flourish, and it could benefit all of mankind into the foreseeable future....
"give a man a fish and feed him for a day,
teach a man to fish"....aaaaand you know the rest....

But I am just a wishful dreamer.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Nobody alive today was ever a slave in America. Unless you count the hourly wage earners who are definately slaves but don't realize it.

Why would reparations be paid to you, for your great grandpa who was actually a slave? Where is this money going to come from? Take it from the slave owners still running plantations today or from tax dollars that YOU pay? Think about that for a second.

Reminds me of other folks who "feel oppressed" and demand attention yet were hand picked from the best of the best athletes to participate in the olympics. If the meaning of oppressed was, hand picked from population to represent the country with your superior skills, then I would say, yes, you are oppressed.

All of this nonsense seems to be a test of, how hard can we push insanity before the population just breaks apart.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

He's a billionaire, if it's that important to him then he can start shelling out of his own pocket. There were hundreds of black slave owners pre-Civil War so how do we know that the blacks getting reparations aren't descendants of these slave owners? Kamala Harris is a descendant of slave owners as well. Not to mention, blacks aren't slaves and haven't been slaves since slavery was abolished on December 6, 1865.

ETA: One more thing, only rich people were slave owners and that disqualified millions of white families back then. How do we know who owned slaves and who didn't? I know Ben Affleck is a descendant of slave owners, too. So far, lots of rich people are but us normal white folk aren't descendants of slave owners.

To me it's a fairly simple solution. If YOU (general meaning, not directed at you LSU ...I starred thee) want to give your cash for 'reparations', go ahead and check that box at tax time and insert the % you want ...or let the people Dominion voted for you to decide your %. Solved. Or go ahead and adopt a family inserted in the Reparations lottery and give give give, since you're so inclined to. Solved.
edit on 29-6-2021 by Kaiju666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
He can want in one hand and crap in the other, see which one fills up first.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Kamala Harris isn't interested in reparations. She and her Black servants brown-nosed all the WHITE female Senators last week.

Pictures: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

My Irish/Welsh/Cherokee ancestors want their reparations too. The Irish and Welsh from N. African descendants who raided our lands to take our women for sex slaves. The Cherokee from the Other Indian tribes who attacked the US during the war of 1812 working for the Brits who forced the Americans to remove all natives from East of the Mississippi but Seminoles and some Cherokee who hid. Tit for tat!

Oh and the Europeans were the initial slaves for the N African Muslim nations. Not the other way around. These idiots are cherry picking history when they ignore it to find an event that proves a marxist narrative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join