It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Your employer can legally require you to get vaccinated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So it's terk der jaaab : or we terk yer jerb ?

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   
They'll make it a requirement whether you like it or not. Whether they like it or not, will you do what it takes?

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
Then you have to wonder, what is the difference between this and demanding any other health record.

Health is suppose to be confidential between patient and doctor. Lord knows how many release forms a patient has to sign just to get doctors to talk to each other..

So wtf happened? We have to sign medical releases for Drs to talk to each other. But someone NOT in the medical field can just browse your health records without authorization. WTF?

This is not legal under ANY rules currently in existence. Records are locked behind the patient confidentiality act in order to protect the patient from everything from bullying, bribery, and discrimination.

edit on 29-5-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I don't feel any vaccine should be mandatory, i think it's a personal choice if a person wants to be vaccinated or not. People didn't have a fit over people denying the flu shot, yet people still die from flu complications. This whole Covid thing is getting ridiculous, and i don't like how they are dangling this over our heads, offering money, free donuts and all this crap. Just so some depopulationists and can have his wet dream come true!

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: rickymouse
It is true that it is legal for employers to require vaccinations. I do not agree with this practice, but it is legal. Employers do have rights, and if you can quit if you do not want to follow their rule and probably will be eligable to apply for unemployment with no penalty if you lose your job because of denying vaccines required by an employer in most states..

I would never have required an employee to get a vaccination.

I'm not sure it is legal. There are religious and medical reason for folks not to that have been fought for in court for years.

I would bet it goes the the SCOTUS.

This is where I believe this policy will fall down.

For a person that medically cannot receive the vaccine, instituting a mandatory vaccination is effectively excluding them from an employment opportunity based on a disability.

This shouldn't even be a conversation at this point. If one is vaccinated they are supposed to be between 70-90+% protected from the virus, so why would they be at risk anyways.

Also as we have seen, vaccinated folks CAN contract the virus. If I were to terminated for non-compliance from an employer, I would be paying veerey close attention to the health of my coworkers. The minute one of them came down with COVID, and were it to be found via contact tracing to have been from outside the workplace, I would sue the employer into the ground.

If those vaccinated can still become infected, no matter how small the probability, then you cannot enforce this.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: neutronflux

Two, have them point out in HIPPA in which a company has the right to know personal health information. And you can point out where they cannot and you may be entitled to restitution for violation of personal, private medical information.

HIPPA is often misunderstood. The provisions of HIPPA pertain to health care institutions (hospitals, clinics, physicians, etc.) which must "protect" patient data they are given. It does NOT pertain to employers, grocery stores, etc. If they ask for proof of vaccination, for example, this does NOT violate the provisions of HIPPA. Choose another argument and stop spreading this disinformation.

What information do you have about those who have already had Covid and now may have natural immunity?

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Two, have them point out in HIPPA in which a company has the right to know personal health information. And you can point out where they cannot and you may be entitled to restitution for violation of personal, private medical information.

Three, politely but firmly assert that they are in your personal space and you would like for them to please step back a bit.

First, why would anyone care if a person didn't get it since that only affects them and not others who already got it. So having a few employees not get it really doesn't create risk other than for themselves.

HIPPA is rather big, I smell law suits... So I work for a company own by Boeing and they are not pushing it and we are talking 180,000 or so workers. Also, I'm not sure they can do that until it is fully FDA approved.

OR is actually going to passports as the first state to do so, so what this means is move to a state that fits your lifestyle the best. I'm doing just that in a few years as I head back to Texas. Where the whole passport things gets ugly is when private businesses require you to show it to use their services. I'm sure faking one is rather easy....

Where it is dicey is when your company needs you to travel and the country they need to go to requires a vaccine as example, so there could be grounds for termination I think, just like we have forward operators in Afghanistan and Iraq that require shots before they go as part of their medical pre deployment and if they say no to the shots then they can not deploy and basically don't have a job.

So I think once it is FDA approved you get it or you might be out of a job and no were to buy essentials or to shop in person, so all online I guess....

edit on 29-5-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
HIPAA... Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

HIPPA is a female hippopotamus. LOL. I've even seen healthcare organizations get it incorrect.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I'd risk being homeless before being jabbed with a vaccine that even the corrupt FDA has not approved.

I don't even get jabbed for flues.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Then my employer can replace my happy ass?

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Check it out,

I won't go in detail but my neighbor whom I'll call by his street name, Shakey, gets abused occasionally, well frequently, by his roommate's wife, and Shakey once had white meat poking out his fro, big gash in his head. Amber lamps gets called, they tell him he needs stitches/staples, and he refused. And they left. Cops left as well, with no one charged.

Anyway, it's amazing how things work in America, at the moment.

edit on 29-5-2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Won't, not want....

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

Excellent point. An employer that can get your medical records, and I assume with covid, it will mean an open door to your records, since covid-19 could mutate into covid-21 or covid-22 so on and so forth...

Makes me think about that chip Duke Med wanted so insistently to put inside my grandfather several years ago. How long before THAT is mandatory, and any employer can at any time walk up, scan your chip and say "Oh, I see you caught Chlamydia this weekend, be sure to use the last stall until it's cleared up."

Yeah I don't like where this is going. There must be boundaries. I had viral meningitis in the 90s, I don't want to be denied a job because an ignorant employer might be concerned my meningitis may flare up on the job.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
I was sent this link today that covers employment and the covid vaccine. It looks like an employer can legally ask for proof of vaccination. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I feel that employers can do what they want to within the confines of the law and on the other hand I feel that people shouldn't be forced to get vaccinated. What do you all think?

What you should know about covid and the ADA
It’s fine, replace employees with robots and give us all some universal income to keep paying for that corporate impossible burger.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

If the Feds tell you "all right-wingers are criminals, terrorists, etc and belong in jail." would you go along with such lies?

If democrats tell you "let's ban all republicans and Trump supporters from having jobs for being our political opponents," would you go along with such tyranny?

Wait, he and dems have been doing this despite the fact that political opposition is no excuse to claim people are criminals and terrorists...

The China loyalist communist Feds can say whatever they want. They lie all the time. The truth is, you can sue your employer if they ask you for your vaccine history....

Medical records are confidential, and it's no one's business what you do with your health. The China loyalist communist Feds can stick their claims where the sun don't shine.

edit on 30-5-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Download the blank vaccine confirmation template while you still can and before anything becomes official and while it's still not forgery but simply a piece of paper u can write whatever the hell u want on and present in any way, fill it out and sign a doctor looking signature so big fast sloppy and totally illegible and take it in for hr to file away

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Download the blank vaccine confirmation template while you still can and before anything becomes official and while it's still not forgery but simply a piece of paper u can write whatever the hell u want on and present in any way, fill it out and sign a doctor looking signature so big fast sloppy and totally illegible and take it in for hr to file away

Then at your next job just tell HR u need a copy. Of course, we already know they plan on a bi-annually...and because that term is jank, I mean two times per one year booster for life so there's no escape. This would help for six months but then they will expect paperwork on file for current shot. And by then it won't be optional even legally. But hey six months buys time.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

First, why would anyone care if a person didn't get it since that only affects them and not others who already got it. So having a few employees not get it really doesn't create risk other than for themselves.

But you seem to be forgetting the vaccine doesn't fully protect.

And I still don't understand how a vaccine in your blood stream.
Protects your lungs from getting infected by an airborne virus.

The amount of anti bodies in the lungs are miniscule. That's why
the vaccine doesn't work.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Some states have banned schools and businesses from mandating compulsory vaccination with the experimental EUA vaccines because it violates federal law to mandate any NON FDA approved EUA drug.

To mandate these so called vaccines is a violation of human rights.

But then when there is enough people ignoring all of that, we begin to see this becoming a huge problem.
If an employer makes conditions for employment does not change your rights. You can either comply or seek employment else where. Employers have always made demands of their workers it could be something simple like having a college degree. Or when safety is involved physical conditions like must be able to lift 50 lbs. Weird how people think their rights extend to others.

Your rights don't automatically supersede others' rights it doesn't work that way.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 04:24 AM
link   

This can't happen in many foreign countries because they have much stricter legislation to protect citizens rights.

Legislation that Republicans typically vote against because they put red tap and restrictions on businesses.

Sorry, but your reaping your own policies here. You want less federal oversight so you also have less federal protection.

Its like when a republican votes down consumer protection legislation and then gets angry when a company sells them a lemon.

More federal oversight would prevent cheap Chinese goods from harming consumers, but guess what, republicans vote it down because of the burden that it would place on retailers and importers. Then when your two dollar knockoff iPhone charger explodes and the fumes make you trans you get upset.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join