It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Your employer can legally require you to get vaccinated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

So, how long have you had HIV ?

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: neutronflux

Ask your company if since the pharmaceutical company cannot be sued due to vaccine complications if they instead would be will to accept their financial liability for forced compliance of said vaccine...both for individuals and collective suits that may result from their “encouraging” other companies to taking such a hardline stance.

Two, have them point out in HIPPA in which a company has the right to know personal health information. And you can point out where they cannot and you may be entitled to restitution for violation of personal, private medical information.

Three, politely but firmly assert that they are in your personal space and you would like for them to please step back a bit.

The employer is not forcing compliance; the employees are still free to refuse to be vaccinated, just as they are free to seek other employment. Coercing compliance, perhaps. But not "forcing" said compliance.

Two: The requirements under HIPPA do not apply to employers, retailers, mechanics, or anyone else other than providers (not requestors) of Healthcare information. In other words, it is perfectly legal for anyone to request your private medical information for whatever purpose they desire. You retain the right to provide, or withhold, that information, and accept the consequences of your decision.

HIPPA merely prevents your Healthcare Provider from sharing your information with third parties without your permission.

Three. Employers also have the right to assert control over the workspace, and can "politely" ask that those boundaries be respected by having non-compliant personnel "step back a bit" off the property.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: xuenchen
So where are all the "Pro Choicers" at all of a sudden ? 😎

that's a totally different argument...totally.

I thought the rally cry was, "MY BODY MY CHOICE!!!" ?

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: neutronflux

Ask your company if since the pharmaceutical company cannot be sued due to vaccine complications if they instead would be will to accept their financial liability for forced compliance of said vaccine...both for individuals and collective suits that may result from their “encouraging” other companies to taking such a hardline stance.

Two, have them point out in HIPPA in which a company has the right to know personal health information. And you can point out where they cannot and you may be entitled to restitution for violation of personal, private medical information.

Three, politely but firmly assert that they are in your personal space and you would like for them to please step back a bit.

The employer is not forcing compliance; the employees are still free to refuse to be vaccinated, just as they are free to seek other employment. Coercing compliance, perhaps. But not "forcing" said compliance.

Two: The requirements under HIPPA do not apply to employers, retailers, mechanics, or anyone else other than providers (not requestors) of Healthcare information. In other words, it is perfectly legal for anyone to request your private medical information for whatever purpose they desire. You retain the right to provide, or withhold, that information, and accept the consequences of your decision.

HIPPA merely prevents your Healthcare Provider from sharing your information with third parties without your permission.

Three. Employers also have the right to assert control over the workspace, and can "politely" ask that those boundaries be respected by having non-compliant personnel "step back a bit" off the property.

"Coercing, but not forcing"

Sure. Makes perfect sense.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Nah man, people who think like you need to be repudiated. You probably are a business owner or manager who is forcing this policies in your business and trying to justify it here. If you're firing people because they don't want your vaccine then I hope you're ready for the lawsuits and I don't think it will be hard to penetrate the corporate veil if someone gets hurt while you forced an emergency use authorization experimental vaccine on your employees.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Legally, yes it does.

Since employees can still refuse to be vaccinated, even though they could be fired, it is coercion.

If employers were physically restraining employees and jabbing them against their will, that would be more in line with the legal definition of "force".

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

Nah, I retired years ago.

Whatever happened to the idea that business should be left to do as it sees best, without government interference?

Whatever happened to the concept of "personal responsibility"; that we are each free to make our own decisions and accept the rewards and consequences of those decisions without depending on the "protection"
Of the nanny State?

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Legally, yes it does.

Since employees can still refuse to be vaccinated, even though they could be fired, it is coercion.

If employers were physically restraining employees and jabbing them against their will, that would be more in line with the legal definition of "force".

"You *must* get vaccinated to continue being employed by this company. Please note, we are not forcing you, merely coercing you".

Right, you know, it does sound much nicer when you phrase it like that.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Choose to pay your bills, or become homeless and take your family with you.

Not much of a choice.

This was the plan, all along.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Letting businesses run as businesses want is great and all.

Except during war time or you know "global pandemic".

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

It’s an experimental drug, so they cannot legally force an employee to get it. So the EEOC is lying.

That’s just more government propaganda to force everyone. Some places have ruled that if an employer makes the not-a-vaccine a condition of your employment, then they are liable for any injuries you may incur from them.

Why do you think the government is so desperate to get everyone to take these not-vaccines? A thinking person has to admit that they are acting crazy desperate for everyone to take these things. Why?

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Those getting uppity on HIPPA need to really look at from the perspective of “I was wrongfully terminated for not sharing requested medical information with my employer.” And while there is specific mentions of health care provider (doctors, nurses, hospitals, etc) there is also mentions of insurance providers which in many, many, many cases includes your employer.

Threats of lawsuits usually make employers nervous. Document your offer to sue so anything done in “retaliation” can be entered. Employers make you sign the craziest of crap “acknowledging a discussion” Let them eat some CYA as well.

And while employment is a voluntary situation, disciplinary actions are not nor should they be. Will you have a problem from the shot? Probably not. But why comply with a coercion if you don't want to comply?

You must have had the vaccine to win Ohio’s Vax-A-Million, you don’t “win” and have it withheld for refusing the shot...you “lose” for not having had the shot. Your job had no such agreements upon accepting the position, why relinquish it now?

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

At least with a bullet you know what you're getting into at least, the "vaccine" is just Russian roulette and nobody has a single clue as to what the long-term effects are.

It's okay though because the government says so and they ALWAYS know more about you than yourself. I mean trust the "science" right? Even though actual science requires extensive research... Not an EUA, really makes me do a double-take personally.

I guess some people are just super dooper trusting of random strangers (mostly eugenists) but if they want to be part of a worldwide experiment that's their perogative.

Seems foolish honestly.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Consent or not to Consent.
Not even with a gun to my face
I just came out of it and now have natural immunity.
CDC

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
But Whatabout ...

The Unions ?

The ACLU ?

The Civil Rights Associations ?

🚨❌🚨

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

EUAs are clear: Getting these vaccines is voluntary
The same section of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act that authorizes the FDA to grant emergency use authorization also requires the secretary of Health and Human Services to “ensure that individuals to whom the product is administered are informed … of the option to accept or refuse administration of the product.”

Likewise, the FDA’s guidance on emergency use authorization of medical products requires the FDA to “ensure that recipients are informed to the extent practicable given the applicable circumstances … That they have the option to accept or refuse the EUA product …”

In the same vein, when Dr. Amanda Cohn, the executive secretary of the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, was asked if Covid-19 vaccination can be required, she responded that under an EUA, “vaccines are not allowed to be mandatory. So, early in this vaccination phase, individuals will have to be consented and they won’t be able to be mandatory.” Cohn later affirmed that this prohibition on requiring the vaccines applies to organizations, including hospitals.
EUA plus vaccines cannot be mandatory

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It is true that it is legal for employers to require vaccinations. I do not agree with this practice, but it is legal. Employers do have rights, and if you can quit if you do not want to follow their rule and probably will be eligable to apply for unemployment with no penalty if you lose your job because of denying vaccines required by an employer in most states..

I would never have required an employee to get a vaccination.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
I was sent this link today that covers employment and the covid vaccine. It looks like an employer can legally ask for proof of vaccination. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I feel that employers can do what they want to within the confines of the law and on the other hand I feel that people shouldn't be forced to get vaccinated. What do you all think?

What you should know about covid and the ADA

I was at the pool with a friend today who told me their employer said it will be required. I told them to hire a lawyer. This person is vaccinated, but is very disturbed at the precedent it will set. Also works in the medical field and does clinical trials for vax. Definitely not against the vax at all and is moderate left.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It is true that it is legal for employers to require vaccinations. I do not agree with this practice, but it is legal. Employers do have rights, and if you can quit if you do not want to follow their rule and probably will be eligable to apply for unemployment with no penalty if you lose your job because of denying vaccines required by an employer in most states..

I'm not sure it is legal. There are religious and medical reason for folks not to that have been fought for in court for years.

I would bet it goes the the SCOTUS.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: rickymouse

I would bet it goes the the SCOTUS.

Where employees rights go to die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join