It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't there a "No Race Theory"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 23 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   
So I've heard about a Critical Race Theory I don't claim to know exactly how it works. There's a black woman on YouTube I watched who says it's completely Marxist. We definitely don't want that. Millions of people died under Marxist regimes. It's a mostly failed system.

But the thing that gets me is why isn't there a 'No Race Theory. Isn't that what Martin Luther King, jr. wanted?

Isn't talking about Race constantly just make it worse?

Everyone bleeds red (except the Reptilians)
Everyone has 100% chance of dying. (unless you know something I don'y)
Isn't life too short to worry about anything else?

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc
Because it would not divide us. We wouldn't have a lot of prejudice that the MSM could exploit to justify wars, invade our lives and keep us distracted with.

edit on 23.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: would not, not won't

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   

There is a no race theory.

A lot of people do not believe race is an issue.

Darwins evolution of species explains it.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   

We as a "species" still believe we're the only one in existence... Thus we divide ourselves trying to figure out who is the best among one people...

Once another "race" of people show up... stupid S#%t will change...

Although i wouldn't come round earth IF i lived amongst the stars... why come to this trash heap?

South park might have had it right...

maybe we're the best reality show in the galaxy

edit on 23-5-2021 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   
How about actually educating yourself on critical theory, deconstructivism, and post modernism, before starting a thread stating you don’t know what your talking about.

And stop acting like your more woke than other groups because you can name drop JR. Civil rights and post modernism are completely different.

+11 more 
posted on May, 23 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrEnergy
How about actually educating yourself on critical theory, deconstructivism, and post modernism, before starting a thread stating you don’t know what your talking about.

And stop acting like your more woke than other groups because you can name drop JR. Civil rights and post modernism are completely different.

Why would anyone ‘educate’ themselves on nonsense?

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This nonsense is controlling our lives more and more every day. You obviously don’t have strength in numbers, or things wouldn’t be this way. And as long as you and the OP scoff at these ideas, you’ll never be able to combat this ideology and soon the technocratic post modernist society will be global and in full control. So by educating yourself you’ll be able to see how the OP is literally using the same deconstructive tactics, it’s just spun in a way to pull the wool over your eyes.

Have fun living the rest of your life in nostalgia asking the same question over and over again like a psycho with a straight jacket. “How did it get this way?”

Educate yourself, then we can have a real discussion on how to combat this ideology.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   

(post by MrEnergy removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MrEnergy

I’m no expert, but the question alone from the OP is an act in postmodernism. The reality of postmodernism is the individuality feels good to promote over group thought, but soon enough patterns begin where individuality becomes commonality and group thought. This would be argued to be the political influence on the population, thus creating the cycle commonly faulted with postmodernism.

Ok, so the OP is practicing this paradigm in their thought. You are implying that they don’t know the origins of their philosophical paradigm while there’s clear evidence of it in practice. Even worse than that is your other suggestions of deconstructionism is pretty irrelevant to the post or direction of the conversation. The pursuit of the proposed question would in fact be constructivism if you had to link it to a philosophical paradigm.

Allow me to educate you on this:

Constructivism is to make meaning of knowledge yourself out of questions and observations.
Deconstructivism is to remove individualist meaning in thought to force a group thought.
Postmodernism means interpretations of group thought are laced with skepticism to its origins being political or influenced to the idea that none of us REALLY have an original thought.

I think if you reflect on the true depth of philosophical questioning you’re forcing into the situation you might find that you’re validating undercurrent concerns found with critical race theory. In this case I’d argue your statement is quite superficial and you really should try to educate yourself more on the depth of knowledge rather than the superficial fabric.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Critical Race Theory is a theory that they can fabricate injustices toward black people. Basically non-white people that suck at life cling to critical race theory as the reason they suck at life. In reality, all races face the same injustices, it’s just most races don’t dwell on something that happened to them hundreds of years ago. People like to forget that some of us white peoples ancestors were slaves here in the US as well.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: brianrook

No. The op is deconstructing civil rights. That’s literally the tactic of of critical theory. So, the op is either unaware on how they are being manipulated by the post modernist infiltration, or they are part of that manipulation.

That’s what I’m pointing out. If you want to deconstruct critical theory, go right ahead. But don’t tell me that’s what the op was doing. Because we both know it wasn’t.

Civil rights isn’t about race.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Why would anyone ‘educate’ themselves on nonsense?

Some of these lefties spend a 100k on a degree equivalent to the value of the toilet paper I just flushed. Then walk around with their hand out as if someone owes them something. So nothing surprises me today.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The main reason is too many people rely on racism for gaining their power and livelyhood from. WIthout racism, there would be nothing to bring in the money and other support to fight it.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Everyone gets the overall picture of critical race theory. But that’s entirely different than civil rights. Which is what JR was. Which is what the op was deconstructing.

The op literally said “But the thing that gets me is why isn't there a 'No Race Theory. Isn't that what Martin Luther King, jr. wanted?“

The op is covertly saying JR was a closet post modernist. Or entirely ignorant to what critical theory is and how they have been manipulated with the same tactics to push the stupification of society.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well if some black woman on YouTube said it was Marxist, then I guess it is, right?

This is what I don't understand here or anywhere else. Why not read the material and make up YOUR OWN MIND.

I don't need anyone telling me what something says or what a video shows, if I can read it or see it myself. Why do so many let Hannity, Maddow, Carlson, Reid, tell them what to think about something they themselves can see or read.

I guess some people are too lazy to absorb the info themselves, but not too lazy to get all upset about it.

Go figure.

edit on 23-5-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Civil rights isn’t about race.

I'm only 52, so I'm sure I missed some events that you may have caught, but when I learned about the Civil Rights movement, it was because of racism that it even existed. At that time it was the Black community emerging from the first and second generation away from slavery, communal thoughts were still against equality, (again equality based on race alone) and the nation still had laws limiting the idea of total equality. (based on race alone)

Here in 2021 we have regressed a bit from where we were in 2001. The words of Dr. King jr, were not only heard, but largely understood by all. Now, the only remembrance of him seems to be that street in most towns and some statue of a black guy.

I have no doubt you are well educated in the field you speak of, but if you speak on the common level, and excuse all the post modernistic speak, it breaks down to simple racism. It's something that's taught. Like if a loud group of black folk go around screaming how evil "white folk" are, you are going to see Newton's third law snap back quickly and make a whole new batch of racists who used to think we were all alike, but now, having been told how evil they are for being white, and having no control over that factor, react negatively to black folk, even if they weren't the one's trying to persecute them.

This is all about race at it's lowest level, and Dr. King had an incredibly sound and wise message. I think it was so on point, that he had to be destroyed, or he would have united more people and moved the needle a bit to fast.

I do agree that to fight your enemy, you have to know them, but I'm sorry, I have no desire to learn how to hate again, I've spent my whole life learning how not to.
edit on 23-5-2021 by network dude because: sometimes even really really dumb folks figure out how to "internet".

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Well if some black woman on YouTube said it was Marxist, then I guess it is, right?

This is what I don't understand here or anywhere else. Why not read the material and make up YOUR OWN MIND.

I don't need anyone telling me what something says or what a video shows, if I can read it or see it myself. Why do so many let Hannity, Maddow, Carlson, Reid, tell them what to think about something they themselves can see or read.

I guess some people are too lazy to absorb the info themselves, but not too lazy to get all upset about it.

Go figure.

it's been said that if you truly understand the topic, you can explain it to a third grader. give it a shot, as if I was a third grader. Go.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join