It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Process Church of the Final Judgement: Revenge of the Occult Nerds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Those familiar with The Process Church of the Final Judgement know the long list of accusations & inferences made about them in connection with ritual murders, Charles Manson, Son of Sam, Scientology, etc.

Indeed, there was some darkness with that group. How much of it bled over into the wilder rumors is ultimately hard to say. They were, by their own accounts, communicating with entities so no telling where some of that lead heh.

But there’s another side to the story and the following very interesting docu—although somewhat of an “apologetic”—does a good job giving some depth & balance to the subject.

Features interviews with former members and associates to include George Clinton (Funkadelics.)

So, I came away from the vid with more of an impression of eccentric crackpots & lost souls following two compelling & charismatic personalities where both hilarity & tragedy ensue—-more so than diabolical “Satanists.” I also wasn’t previously aware that they attracted quite a bit of publicity in their own time.

Having said that, I do believe The Process was a cog in a much larger and fascinating schema where the Intelligence Community, Cults, Black Magick, & Social Engineering all mixed together.

I leave one more vid suggestion here since the full-length doesn't seem to be available on youtube anymore. If I remember correctly The Process show up in it briefly too: "Mondo Hollywood." Anyone here seen it? Netflix, Prime, Vimeo, etc will have it.

From the Haight to Hollywood—-a witches brew in the cauldron of the “New Aeon.” Of especial note is the symbology & magick and the suggested, um, perversions that seem thematic. A movie where Manson assassins and victims both make an appearance with the eye of Horus watching over it all.

A very fascinating & eccentric look at Hollywood. All the world’s a stage…and all stage is ritual.

Now that I've meandered all over the place I'll show myself out.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'd be remiss in my meandering if I didn't leave the following here too now that I think about it:

edit on 20-5-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Those familiar with , Scientology etc.

Indeed, there was some . (CENSORED)
some of that lead heh. (CENSORED)

But there’s another side to the story and the following very interesting docu—although somewhat of an “apologetic”—does a good job giving some depth & balance to the subject.

Features interviews with former members and associates to include George Clinton (Funkadelics.)
Indeed, there was some HAPPINESS with that group. How much of it bled over into the wilder rumors is ultimately hard to say. They were, by their own accounts, communicating with (CENSORED) so no telling where some of that lead heh.

But there’s another side to the story and the following very interesting docu—although somewhat of an “apologetic”—does a good job giving some depth & balance to the subject. See video.

On your own time.

Now that I've (Censored) SAID NICE THINGS all over the place I'll show myself out.

Thanks for posting, Star And Flag. I will watch this later, I'm pressed for time at the moment. The video you posted is over an hour.( wow considering you said it's not the full version ).

Sombody is watching you...

Thanks again GUT!👍🏼😊
edit on 20-5-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Anyone here seen it? Netflix, Prime, Vimeo, etc will have it.

not on netflix

the documentry was likely hot in the era.. but not today

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

It's has actually been "rediscovered" somewhat so all of the free viewing options seem to have disappeared. Sorry about the mislead.

Prime has it to rent. Here's the Wikipedia for "Mondo Hollywood." Which gives some idea but fails to do justice to the revealing spectacle:

Mondo Hollywood

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I just watched this a few days ago, they seemed to just like putting the wind up people. Was an interesting watch.
edit on 20215America/Chicago05pm5pmThu, 20 May 2021 13:13:33 -05000521 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'll bet you're a big fan of KA,s "Scorpio Rising" eh?

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Having said that, I do believe The Process was a cog in a much larger and fascinating schema where the Intelligence Community, Cults, Black Magick, & Social Engineering all mixed together.

I admit to mostly ignorance concerning this group but I do remember the name of the cult strangely enough. That they might have been part of a larger schema would not surprise me. I feel the same way about the fame of haight-ashbury and other possible social engineering projects. Tavistock anyone?

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I still haven't finished digging into the "Divine Order of the Royal Arms of the Great Eleven". Thanks for putting this out there, people should be more aware of the different cults out there and especially the ones in their towns. I didn't know that the "Church of Dianetics" is still going strong, and in my town of all things. Who would have known that L Ron Hubbard's ex-wife would have gained controlled of his first cult before being invited to the 1939 US Naval Institute's New York meeting that led to more than a few questionable groups getting formed.

Oh why does the "Divine Order of the Royal Arms of the Great Eleven" have to do with the OP, well the head of that group? Well, May Blackburn, the head of the cult had this thing for the same area that Mason grew up in. In fact she took a group of people out into the Death Valley, Devils Hole to be exact, the same place where Mason would take people too. Simi Valley certainly has a lot of different cults, that seem to be the same one.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Mondo Hollywood: Hollywood Laid Bare! (1967)
www.youtube.com...

Mondo Hollywoodland - A groovy mushrooms dealer and a man from the 5th dimension journey through Hollywood to find the meaning of "Mondo." Starring Ronald Reagan (archive footage), expected sometime this year.

Thanks for the funkadelic content!

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Great subject for a thread GUT! I just finished the entire doc. I've been interested in this for awhile. The idea that they are either "eccentrics" or "diabolical" is maybe a bit of a false dichotomy. Seeing the group members now, as senior citizens reflecting on a wild adventure that they had, makes them seem a bit more soft and harmless than maybe they were at the time, and it maybe helps to obfuscate other connections that may have been going on as well.

The thing that bugs me the most about the group is the carefully nuanced, compelling backstory given to us about founder/leader "Maryann" - this doc doesn't give any factual information or even leads, as to who her parents or family were, or if she had any connections to either Scottish or US military or affiliated orgs. We are to believe that she was simply a street urchin who through force of natural magnetism and will alone, linked up with scientologists, systems analysts and architects and became a successful, self-styled goddess. I don't know man, the smell of sheep dip is strong here, in my opinion. And then the whole layer of Robert De G having "the look" and how important his look/style was, it seems so staged, manipulated and composed. The doc also slightly downplays the impact of the alternative 'propaganda press' angle of the group and how they were publishing and putting these alchemical ideas out there, it seems a bit beyond a funky "zine" or an art prank.

Also the timing here is aligning perfectly with what we know about mk projects and subprojects, especially the mk often program which was allegedly geared towards occult subjects. The theme of "reconciliation of opposites' by emphasizing Jehovah/Lucifer/Satan is alchemical at its core, the alchemical/magickal technology going on here is only hinted at, not really fleshed out enough in my opinion. I thought it was interesting how the documentary brought up the angle of how the group was a type of "pushback" against the peaceful ideals of the "hippie flower children", I can see how that is something that would be of value to the MIC at the time, with a confusing and unpopular war brewing and raging in the Mekong Delta. Thats sort of my current theory of this group, that the true creators of this are trying to somehow find a way to create a cult that celebrates death as well as life, perhaps a useful concept for alchemists, soldiers, warriors, etc, but obviously more challenging for traditional churchgoers. This seems to be a large part of what they were up to us well, collecting countercultural chaff-types that got separated somehow from their wheatier families.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Mondo Hollywood: Hollywood Laid Bare! (1967)
www.youtube.com...
Thanks for the funkadelic content!

And thank you for the link! Here it is:

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit
Great addition, lakespirit, we're definitely on the same page. Have you read Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties by Tom O'Neill?

Highly recommended. Great read. Interesting research. O'Neill finds the paperwork that finally nails Jolly West directly to mk-ultra with no wiggle room and further documents the covert IC ops all around--and close--to Manson & various other counter-culture peeps. Handlers & such. Free Clinics that were basically mind-control/cult-building research. L.A.P.D. sure was infiltrated with IC & weirdness in those days. Probably still is.

edit on 20-5-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I haven't read his book but I'm aware of his research for sure, I know he appeared on the Rogan podcast and his research has been talked about online quite a bit lately. Hearing that Process used e-meters and that the DeGrimstons met as Scientologists of course links them to CoS, like almost every other parapolitical topic from that era, including Manson.

The creation of the Personality Assessment System by Gittinger was a huge breakthrough in psychiatric research, CIA researchers like Thetford also tweaked it and used it for their own subprojects, their efforts survive to this day in various forms and things like the Myers-Briggs system, and cults who have weaponized psychiatric techniques.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The only issue I have with the assumption of Manson being part of the "Counter-Culture" event that was modeled by the CIA is that Simi Valley had issues with cults long before Manson came about.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: lakespirit
Great addition, lakespirit, we're definitely on the same page. Have you read Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties by Tom O'Neill?

Highly recommended. Great read. Interesting research. O'Neill finds the paperwork that finally nails Jolly West directly to mk-ultra with no wiggle room and further documents the covert IC ops all around--and close--to Manson & various other counter-culture peeps. Handlers & such. Free Clinics that were basically mind-control/cult-building research. L.A.P.D. sure was infiltrated with IC & weirdness in those days. Probably still is.

I took you up on the recommendation of the Tom O'Neill and it was a really gripping read but it goes absolutely nowhere, you're just left with a lap full of loose strings. Good entertaining read though even if you're left with nothing of substance at the end. I watched the Sons of Sam documentary and the protagonist, Maury-something who got obsessed with joining up Sam with the Progress church and Manson, reminded me of the O'Neill book, perhaps of O'Neill himself, they seem to share a similar propensity for wanting everything to come together in neat bows but only creating a greater tangle of loose ends.

What I think you have when you strip it all down is that a lot of very unsavoury people, IC included, were attracted to people, especially young women, who were embracing a certain kind of lifestyle that made them attractively exploitable. Manson was a pimp long before he started pimping out the Family's girls for "free" to Dennis Smith and Doris Day's son whathisname, and anyone else from whom he could gain something, often those girls were underage and under the influence of drugs. I would highly doubt that that would exclude LEOs in cities notorious for their vice and corruption. That's what I took away from O'Neill at least. I read Poisoner in Chief by Stephen Kinzer, and that kind of underlined that aspect for me. If Sidney Gottlieb was happy to dip his wick in the subjects, and Hunter White wrote of being afforded the licence to rape one can only imagine what levels of licentiousness was turned a blind eye to and what would be brushed under Bugliosi's already bulging rug.

As I said good read, but ultimately I had to seek satisfying explanations elsewhere.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

This end of the crimes against humanity research is a tapestry in progress. A restoration of sorts. I understand what you're saying about O'Neill's Chaos to a degree. That's how O'Neill felt too.

That's not to say he didn't add some significant pieces to the whole because he did: From the Jolly West document cementing him to MK-ULTRA to the behind the scenes objectives of the Haight free clinics to fleshing out Manson's Parole Officer as something other than your normal P.O.

Totally illuminated Bugliosi, too, skewering him with his own words and newly-revealed documents.

Speaking of documents...not many exist in the human-use experimentation arena, eh? Not since Helms anyway.

So, that leaves us with the aforementioned tapestry. Whole enough to get the gist of the story. Heck, even whole enough in some cases to try & convict human-rights abuse...if the system wasn't corrupt to the core.
edit on 21-5-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
The only issue I have with the assumption of Manson being part of the "Counter-Culture" event that was modeled by the CIA is that Simi Valley had issues with cults long before Manson came about.

This is true. And not just Simi Valley. Interesting that some of those had suggestive connections as well.

However, yes, cults have been around long before diabolical moral free-agents recognized & prostituted the concept for (supposed) various strategic value.

Whether purposely built from behind-the-scenes or just his Handlers letting Charlie do his thing while studying the "cult" dynamics & making notes on how the family might be used in some very plausibly deniable way is certainly an unanswered question.

posted on May, 23 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
GUT, what is your take on the ongoing purpose or symbolism of the German Shepherd dogs that were so important to the group? The dogs were always part of the process vibe in the early days, and at the end of the group's adventures, they doubled down on dog energy, creating the "Best Friends" dog-centric organization. Beyond basic security and defense, I've always wondered about the groups fascination with German Shepherds.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Most of the human rights abuses committed under the MKULTRA umbrella, particularly those involving Artichoke, were committed overseas and often involved the collaboration of other nations and governments, or at the very least it's blinded eyes. I don't see there being much incentive for chasing those crimes and the crimes committed domestically, in the rare instances where accountibility was sought, have usually been settled with financial "compensation". As far as I am aware, though directed by the Joint Commission to do so, potential victims of the experiments carried out in US institutions have not been tracked down and notified of their involvement. I don't think Helms can be entirely blamed for the lack of records of these experiments, he only ordered the destruction of the records held by the CIA. Individual researchers and the institutions that supported that research should have been compelled to turn over their records and their roles in facilitating the exploitation of vulnerable members of society should have been examined.

American Children were given radioactive and otherwise toxic food supplements knowingly by institutions that were responsible for the care and well-being of those children. Their parents were lied to, misled, made to believe that the supplements were for their childrens benefit and signed consent forms to that effect. There's not much glitz and glamour in the nitty gritty of MKULTRA, it's all really very dirty and resplendent in every type of creep imaginable. O'Neill added in bringing that perception to life and particularly highlighted to me how the East Coast elites saw the West Coast, particularly California, as a place where they could "get away" with experiments on more general populations, not just children, people of colour, prisoners or those with mental health issues or were in some other way marginalised and easily exploited.

O'Neill didn't tell me very much more about Jolyon West than I already knew except the clinic that he ran that may or may not have had him cross paths with Manson or the family. The stuff about Bugliosi was really interesting but clearly O'Neill doesn't like him and Bugliosi feels the same way about O'Neill, so while I accept that the formers account of the Manson family saga, Helterskelter, is a construct, I don't feel that O'Neill's take is any less skewed and that as always, the answers are somewhere in between.

Poisoner in Chief and The Brothers, also by Stephen Kinzer, provided the context that I needed to better understand the bigger picture. We know all were going to know now I think. The European and South American black sites have been replaced by other black sites. Crimes against humanity are still being committed using methods developed by MKULTRA and tested under Artichoke, if not by US personnel by their associates. Manson may or may not fit into the whole thing but either way, he's nothing more than a minor footnote in the much bigger story and O'Neill's book an entertaining and occasionally insightful distraction.

I don't knock it though, whetted my appetite for more and I literally struggled to put it down, we all need a little bit of excitement now and then.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join