It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC plans to drop mask requirements for fully vaccinated people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to announce that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no longer need to wear masks or physically distance, indoors or outdoors in most circumstances, according to two sources familiar with the recommendations.

The new recommendation comes more than a year after the CDC first recommended that Americans should wear masks to protect against spreading or catching the coronavirus. At that time, the U.S. was logging more than 1,000 Covid-19 deaths per day.

A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the last dose of Covid-19 vaccine. That gives the immune system enough time to develop antibodies against the virus. According to CDC data, more than 35 percent of the population has been fully vaccinated.

Source

A sign that things are returning to normal. I'm actually surprised the CDC is going forward with this already. My own state was planning on waiting another month before getting rid of mask mandates. And we've been one of the best at getting vaccinated.

Now this recommendation doesn't completely get rid of masks. They are still recommended in healthcare settings and immunocompromised people are encouraged to talk with their doctors. Also, businesses are free to still require masks if they so choose.

Personally, I got my second dose a week ago, so I'm a week away from getting rid of my masks.

Of course I'm sure all those people who refuse to get the vaccine will stop wearing their masks as well considering the overlap between anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers. It will be interesting to see if an uptick of cases in those people will lead mask mandates returning.

Regardless, it's nice to see some major advances in getting things back to normal.

+27 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

do you have a face tattoo or something indicating you got your second shot and are now super protected, or does the rest of the world have to take your word for it that you are safe to go into the world without a face diaper?

+15 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

A tattoo shouldn't be necessary.

The average smug-detector should be going off like an air raid siren.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"according to two sources familiar with recommendations"

But apparently they won't go on record with their actual identities and occupations.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sweet. I hope my job follows their lead.

+14 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Looks like the job reports scared the WH and they need everyone to get back to work.

Perfect timing isn't it .... Pathetic and sad.

I'll continue do what i've been doing without vax .

Living.

+12 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Umm....
Didn't they say you can still get the vid with the vaccine?

LOL

So all of us that have already had the vid, have to still wear a mask, but the vaccinated can go without?

Makes sense
edit on 13-5-2021 by chiefsmom because: spelling

edit on 13-5-2021 by chiefsmom because: Arrgggg

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Umm....

LOL

So all of us that have already had the vid, have to still where a mask, but the vaccinated can?

Makes sense

Read the article. 117 million vaccinated in America, less than 10,000 caught it afterwards. Those are pretty good results.

+6 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman
Does it say how many people that had covid, caught it again?

I'm guessing the numbers are a bit lower than that.

Just pointing out the hypocracy.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I wonder if the CDC checked with the teachers union before making the decision?

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Umm....

LOL

So all of us that have already had the vid, have to still where a mask, but the vaccinated can?

Makes sense

Read the article. 117 million vaccinated in America, less than 10,000 caught it afterwards. Those are pretty good results.

You confused reported with ACTUAL. Many people walking around never even knowing they had the virus. Its alot more than 10k . Just like the number of infected we learned from anti body tests

link   
That would be tantamount to dropping the mask requirement, in practice, because policing the distinction would be too much hard work. Who's going to challenge every maskless person?

link   
Very suddenly you are SAFE!!

Fauci says vaccinated people 'don't have to wear a mask outside'
Fauci's comments come days after CDC was accused of exaggerating the risk of outdoor coronavirus transmission

www.foxnews.com...

Fully vaccinated people can ditch masks indoors, physical distancing: CDC
CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky called the updated recommendations 'an exciting and powerful moment'
www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: LordAhriman
Does it say how many people that had covid, caught it again?

I'm guessing the numbers are a bit lower than that.

Just pointing out the hypocracy.

we never had true numbers of any kind.
Sweden Stops using PCR Tests - RNA from Viruses can be Detected for Months After Infection
streetloc.com...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Those who have recovered from covid-19 do not need to wear masks either.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

They are paving the way to vaccinate our grade schoolers. If you want Little Susie and little Jimmy to be able to take their mask off, they must be injected with the experimental drug.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I wonder if the CDC checked with the teachers union before making the decision?

Pack Your Bags, Tony: House Republicans Introduce Bill to FIRE Anthony Fauci

en-volve.com...

I guess the lab story is catching up too. Started long ago but there is more and more evidence coming out everyday like the Rand Paul interview shows.

Fauci allowed funding of prohibited research
President Trump’s attorney, Rudy Giuliani, wants to know why the United States gave a bunch of money to the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Dr. Anthony Fauci was in charge when the grants were made to the “level four super lab” in Wuhan, China. That happens to be the place where they do all their bat related virus research.

The institute is also likely the birthplace of the novel coronavirus. A recent report indicates that our intelligence units have “growing confidence” that the unique strain escaped from a Wuhan lab. The story that it came from the local “wet-market” is only a smokescreen. In an interview on Sunday, Giuliani demanded to know why we funded our own destruction.

trendingrightwing.com...
edit on 13-5-2021 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to announce that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no longer need to wear masks or physically distance, indoors or outdoors in most circumstances, according to two sources familiar with the recommendations.

The new recommendation comes more than a year after the CDC first recommended that Americans should wear masks to protect against spreading or catching the coronavirus. At that time, the U.S. was logging more than 1,000 Covid-19 deaths per day.

A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the last dose of Covid-19 vaccine. That gives the immune system enough time to develop antibodies against the virus. According to CDC data, more than 35 percent of the population has been fully vaccinated.

Source

A sign that things are returning to normal.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but things are not going to return to “normal”.

Too many people have bought into this narrative for this to ever happen. Thanks.
edit on 5 13 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Regardless, it's nice to see some major advances in getting things back to normal.

We should have never left normal

He has to choose his words carefully to avoid the YouTube censor nazis, but it's a good lesson in PERSPECTIVE on this whole BS situation.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: SeaWorthy

They are paving the way to vaccinate our grade schoolers. If you want Little Susie and little Jimmy to be able to take their mask off, they must be injected with the experimental drug.

I don't doubt it but the PDF on this page they explain we are all in the same boat vaxxed or not!

Worse Than the Disease? Reviewing Some Possible Unintended Consequences of the mRNA Vaccines Against COVID-19
ijvtpr.com...

PDF (long study and list of people involved)
ijvtpr.com...

UnprecedentedMany aspects of Covid-19 and subsequent vaccine development are unprecedented for a vaccine deployed for use in the general population. Some of these includes the following.

1.Firstto use PEG (polyethylene glycol) in an injection (see text)

2.Firstto usemRNAvaccine technology against an infectious agent

3.First time Moderna has brought any product to market

4.Firstto have public health officials telling those receiving the vaccination to expectan adverse reaction

5.Firstto be implemented publicly with nothing more than preliminary efficacy data (see text)

6.Firstvaccine to make no clear claims about reducing infections, transmissibility, or deaths

7.Firstcoronavirusvaccine ever attempted in humans8.Firstinjection of genetically modified polynucleotides in the general population

We then review both components of and the intended biological response to these vaccines, including production of the spike protein itself, and their potential relationship to a wide range of both acute and long-term induced pathologies, such as blood disorders, neurodegenerative diseases and autoimmune diseases. Among these potential induced pathologies, we discuss the relevance of prion-protein-related amino acid sequences within the spike protein. We also present a brief review of studies supporting the potential for spike protein “shedding”, transmission of the protein from a vaccinated to an unvaccinated person, resulting in symptoms induced in the latter. We finish by addressing a common point of debate, namely, whether or not these vaccines could modify the DNA of those receiving the vaccination.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join