It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Shortages down South already

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Dems would be in a frenzy showing people on the sides of roads,

yelling collusion with russia russia russia.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
I just got this about California now.. ohhhh mmyyyyyy

Edit: 6:59pm est!
https://www.instagram.com/p/COwBGp0D6m5/?igshid=8wnq4ev5abwj

A million bucks says Pelosi, Newsome, and Waters obey none of that and never have an issue getting fuel.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Shyeah... People just thought 2020 was bad... 5 months into 2021 and it's already worse than 2020.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Problem with all this gas hoarding is the fact the gas will go bad after awhile especially in hot humid places. You need to add a stabilizer if you plan on storing it a long time. Also I see idiots putting it in receptacles i.e. plastic bags, with no way of pumping it back into the car. Idiots.

Plastic bags??????? How does it not melt the bag?

I filled up four 5 gallon cans for my generator when we had that week of sub-temps, snow, and ice. Luckily I never had to use my generator so I've only had to use that gas on my mower and weedeater.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's a shame, skyrocketing gas prices really hurt the poor and minorities the most.

I'm sure the Biden administration will be all over it. Oh wait.....

Yeah he'll fix it... If you're a minority (not poor, just a minority), you get a badge you can scan that knocks 80% per gallon off of your total cost.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
i can envision the 'Ransome Attack' being done by bad-actors of the deep-state and not Iran or NK or Russia as cyber perps

a false flag, with summer nearing & memorial day bringing vacationers out to mingle with the Covid19 shedders (whom were vaxxed a month ago by that time) so millions more will be broke then sickened by (i suppose) Variant #4
edit on th31162082701112432021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

besides, 'Shiva' is doing the chaos-dance of war and destruction, with the aid & support from evil groups of men & Women
edit on th31162082752312522021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

see: www.youtube.com...

skip to 5:35
edit on th31162082849012082021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

Just wait for hurricane season!

Then it'll really skyrocket, just like it did under Obama and they'll blame the storms.

Hurricane Season Gas Station Gougers got nothin' on the gubmint's gouging skillz. Best I can say is be glad this isn't going down with another Katrina looming somewhere, that would really ramp this up into Infinity Panic Territory in no time flat.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Why should they? Isn't the strategic reserve there entirely for their self-important butts?

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

Just wait for hurricane season!

Then it'll really skyrocket, just like it did under Obama and they'll blame the storms.

It’s around the corner, yay. A couple of major storms off the coast and a couple of direct hits with it plastered on the news for weeks on end, maybe one or two that force refinery shutdowns should do it. Plywood at $70 a sheet, game on!

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I lived through the gas shortage in the 70s and the 90s, so I think I will make it through this one as well.

I didn't panic the other two times, I did not horde gas, and we made it through. We will again.

By the way, I didn't horde toilet paper either.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I know people who have to fill their tanks two or three times a week just to get to work and back. Most drive pickups they rarely use for a pickup.

One of the advantages to me of all this is that I need a pickup, not for general use but it's kinda hard to get a 4'x8' sheet of plywood in the trunk of a Buick. They've been getting expensive lately, far out of my financial reach, but if gas starts getting rationed (a real possibility given the way Biden is shutting down pipelines and now this) they may get to where it's hard to give them away.

And I'll have an old pickup sitting in the back yard to use if I need to haul something from town.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I know people who have to fill their tanks two or three times a week just to get to work and back. Most drive pickups they rarely use for a pickup.

This is another blow for people that drive Uber, or any of the food delivery services.
I noticed Amazon is getting really slow in my area, now it'll probably take 2+ weeks to get anything (it's over a week now) going to cancel my prime because there is no reason to have it at this point.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maxine probably has her own personal gasoline station.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Amazon has been getting slow since the first guy in Wuhan sneezed.

If this causes any issues for Amazon, I suspect it might be time for a leveraged buy-out of UPS. They're already setting up their own delivery service in larger cities, and they're just big enough for Bezos to set up his own gasoline supply lines. With the current administration, all one need do is grease a few pockets to accomplish something like that.

Face it, Amazon has the market by the short hairs and Bezos is not going to let an opportunity like this one go by the way without at least trying to take advantage of it. I for one will not be dropping Prime for now... this is the worst possible time to do so.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Gouging is illegal in Florida. Just ask the Texaco in Niceville Florida.....shut er down for 3 months and fined.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Our illegitimate government can gouge when they can, because they can. Nobody is stopping them.

You don't need a car "own nothing and be happy" courtesy of WEF.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Really? Its the gubment gouging? All example point to companies gouging.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
here at Zip Code 29577, Myrtle Beach SC... is a 60 mile stretch of 20 some beach towns stretching from the NC State line to Georgetown SC a 3rd class Port City during the Civil War Era

99% tourist industry/ entertainment/ rides/ sandy beaches (renourished almost every year)/ biker bars/ and shopping-dining out

the whole city is tapped out of gasoline...a line of 45 cars roosts at the last known gas-pump with some product left for sale

my son popped by en-route to his next client of one of the delivery Routes he supplies with 'product' in a timely manner.

he decided to use all his fuel except for the last 100 miles of fuel enough for any emergency his family might encounter

there might be a 80% hotel-motel occupancy of tourists that will be stranded here---with NO car fuel after their vacation ends this Sunday checkout-time

the bikers i hardly hear them, although there are supposed to be 100k of them here already ?!

stranded vacationers , broke, no fuel, we might just be seeing riots here with the store shelves empty, and the beer coolers with a limited restocking supply after just a 4 day assault of party people

edit on th31162084478712392021 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I read 3 more articles on this situation this morning. Not one of them mentioned the idea of Colonial not paying the 15 million dollar ransom fee. Sets a bit of a dangerous precedent I suppose. But then again the oil companies are gouging us? Wonder how this will play out.

edit on 12-5-2021 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I live in Sandy Springs, GA. The lines are crazy. The pumps across the street only have 87. I put premium in my vehicle so I had to drive further down the street. I managed to fill up two cars which needed filling. I exclusively work from home so I can weather this out for a long time (had to fill up since I returned from NC this past weekend and didn't top off upon arriving). If need be I have vehicles all gassed up.

In other news I think this whole event is highly suspect.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join