It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO classifies triple-mutant Covid variant from India as global health risk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

So, I assume one round is enough. I see no reason to ever get a "booster" if it will be outdated by the time they roll it out. I mean, why keep playing this vax game of whack a mole?
edit on 10-5-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: putnam6
.....and #2 doesn't a mutant variant that evades natural and vaccine antibodies make being vaccinated even less effective than before.

Only IF it was effective before.

So it is possible that the current vaccines will be just as effective against this variant, as they were for the previous variant(s).

I agree here's this also from India

weather.com...

The double-mutant coronavirus variant that has emerged in India (the B.1.617) entered certain types of lung and intestine cells with slightly increased efficiency when compared to the original wild-type strain, researchers have found.

The researchers, including Markus Hoffmann from the German Primate Center, also reported that the entry of B.1.617 into the lung and intestinal cells was blocked following treatment with soluble angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) or the serine protease inhibitor Camostat.

However, this host cell entry was not blocked by the monoclonal antibody Bamlanivimab, which has received emergency use authorisation (EUA) as a COVID-19 treatment.

Finally, B.1.617 also partially evaded neutralisation by the antibodies induced through natural infection or immunisation with the Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 vaccine, a study that appeared in the pre-print repository medRxiv, suggested.

The researcher said that antibody evasion by B.1.617 may contribute to the rapid spread of this variant.

The sharp rise in COVID-19 cases and deaths in India over recent weeks is thought to be caused by the novel variant B.1.617, which harbours eight mutations in the spike protein.

These include the RBD mutations L452R and E484Q, which are known to modulate antibody-mediated neutralisation.

However, the researchers said it is not currently known whether B.1.617 resists this antibody-mediated neutralisation.

To test whether B.1.617 is more adept at entering cells, the researchers infected eight cell lines with pseudotyped virus particles expressing spike protein from the original wild-type virus, the B.1.617 variant, or the B.1.351 variant.

Of the eight cell lines tested, the spikes of B.1.617 and B.1351 mediated entry into Calu-3 lung cells and Caco-2 colon cells with slightly increased efficiency, as compared to the original strain.

Collectively, the study reveals that antibody evasion by B.1.617 may contribute to the rapid spread of this variant, the team noted.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: putnam6

Don't trust WHO for sure, as has been mentioned before once your start vaccinations, doesn't it usually sends viruses into a never-ending cycle of mutations and needing new vaccines.

Yeah. I don't know how we manage with all these mutant strains of smallpox and polio floating around.

Massive generalization there Xcalibur smallpox and polio vaccines were first attacked decades ago, new governments new leadership new agendas are what's facing COVID. WHO has to justify its budget just like any big corporation

If it was JFK or FDR spouting out this stuff I might believe them but when it comes from Biden in today's climate?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Don't trust WHO for sure, as has been mentioned before once your start vaccinations, doesn't it usually sends viruses into a never-ending cycle of mutations and needing new vaccines.

Yeah. I don't know how we manage with all these mutant strains of smallpox and polio floating around.

www.aaas.org...
You tried to be ironic, but we're headed there.

Smallpox was totally wiped out because poxes don't mutate much at all. They are among the most stable viruses. Coronaviruses, conversely, are mutation machines naturally... start throwing experimental "vaccines" *ahem* at them and they mutate even faster and more expansively. That, if you read the above article, is why Polio is now making a comeback as well... the Polio vaccine created a new Polio strain that is immune to the vaccine and spreading rapidly.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

If it was JFK or FDR spouting out this stuff I might believe them but when it comes from Biden in today's climate?

If two dead presidents rose from the grave and championed a "vaccine" I'd almost certainly call that a deepfake and it would redouble my resistance to accepting any of these shots.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The "original" Coronavirus has already mutated beyond our ability to control it thru things like vaccinations. It's now endemic, and will have a season ev year, like cold & flu season.

Ridiculous, laughable lingo like "Triple-Mutant Murdervirus" or whatever is being spread by those who are using other made-up BS terms like "Permanent Pandemic". These are the forces that want us masking forever, taking a half dozen vaccines every year, and hiding in our homes under the covers whenever they say so.

The virus is here to stay. We either get busy living on our feet, or get on our knees and we and our kids & grandkids get used to living in slavery.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If two dead presidents rose from the grave and championed a "vaccine" I'd almost certainly call that a deepfake and it would redouble my resistance to accepting any of these shots.

LOL i hear ya...

My point was if this was back when JFK or FDR was President America collectively believed in their leaders much more than today....of course you knew this

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   

If it can raise the departed it's one hell of a vaccine!

Always read the label.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

JFK seems like he was alright, but man I gotta believe America's blind belief in and trust of FDR lead us to a lot of the problems we're facing today. That man was a God awful president where the nature of the nation as a Constitutional Republic was concerned.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My bets on India..a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
"triple-mutant"

Sheesh, when will the CDC and biden admin realize that name is still not scary enough. They need a new marketing consultant.

Let me suggest:

1. The "zombie apocalypse" variant
2. The "your testicles and penis fall off" variant
3. The "you wish you were already dead" variant
4. The "foggetaboutit" variant
5. The "spontaneous combustion" variant
6. The "HIV is a picnic" variant
7. The "turns you gay" variant

I've got some cream for #2

Didn't work 😒

edit on 10-5-2021 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:02 PM
link   
We have to put these folks on DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION people!!! or they will spread the triple mutated WUHAN!!!!! We need to double mask up right away.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
India is getting hit by a biological attack as they pose a threat to China for cheap manufacturing and raw goods. a reply to: putnam6

I wonder if nuclear India will be as much an apologist for China engaging in biological warfare against them as Biden and the US Democrats that voted for him.

The Chinese government lost face in its border incursions into Indian territory - motivation may be there for payback.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah pretty much, we’re talking months delay to isolate, grow, create, and test a vaccine for a new variant. The only way to use a vaccine to stop it would be to create some type of universal vaccine. That is, you target a specific evolutionarily conserved site, on the spike, that the virus cannot afford to lose because it would no longer have the ability to enter cells. Then you hope that everyone being immune does not drive a mutation to an alternate entry site. This should provide immunity to all SARS like coronaviruses. The good thing is we’re getting close as we watch it mutate, bad news is viruses have a knack for circumventing the immune response. With Covid maybe having the ability to target alternate receptors in dendritic and antigen presenting cells, maybe even endothelial cells, who knows.

They’ve been trying this for decades with the flu, we all know how that is working out.

Eventually we will all possess enough immunity through getting the thing or a vaccine, it will die down. We’re talking another year or so though once these second and third waves are finished. That also includes if we didn’t jack up our target, which we won’t know for awhile. The current vaccines target specific structures in the spike. If we picked correctly, it will die out, if we picked incorrectly, targeting those structures could make it become more infectious as those structures are modified to evade the antibody response and become more effective at entering cells. This would happen no matter what with natural infection as well but there is debate on if a bad target can drive mutation in a rushed vaccine.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
How many vaccines are you lab rats willing to take? Don't forget you will need boosters for all the variant vaccines too. You sheep are going to be getting experimental jabs more times than you fill your gas tanks, LOL. Have fun with that sheeple. Just two weeks to slow the spread, remember that?
edit on 10-5-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Genuine question here...

Does that not, at least, suggest that the Covid is not entirely a natural virus?

It depends on the type of virus. Some are much more stable than others. That doesn't mean they can't mutate, but it does mean they're far less likely to and thus mutate very, very slowly over time.

Polio and smallpox ... Ebola for that matter ... are more stable viruses.

Your influenzas and rhinoviruses and, yes, your coronaviruses are much more prone to mutate. That's why there are a billion and one different seasonal colds and flus.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Unless this virus mutates to evade multiple food and herb chemistries I know of that fight it, I am not worried about it. My innate immune system still seems to be working properly and I am not on any meds that interferes with it's proper function. I avoid consuming too much of the food chemistry that dampens or builds my immune system up improperly and there are many foods they promote as good foods for you that are in this class.

It is hard to know the properties of everything in processed food or in food preservation to make the foods last longer to get them to the table from a thousand miles away, but most times a little of this chemistry can be detoxed by the body....don't eat junk food, and I prefer frozen veggies over fresh looking veggies that should be all wilted by the time you buy them.

I do like veggies, but in moderation like everything else.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Human mutants, great. As if we didn't already have enough to worry about.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Human mutants, great. As if we didn't already have enough to worry about.

Rick and Morty the Cronenberg episode pretty much covers this.

rickandmorty.fandom.com...

The Face Sucker episode is another good one that was ahead of the muzzling.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Oh My God! We're all going to die!

Again.

Dude. DUDE.

600,000 deaths aren't enough for you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join