It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO classifies triple-mutant Covid variant from India as global health risk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
2 things do we even trust WHO anymore? and #2 doesn't a mutant variant that evades natural and vaccine antibodies make being vaccinated even less effective than before.

Don't trust WHO for sure, as has been mentioned before once your start vaccinations, doesn't it usually sends viruses into a never-ending cycle of mutations and needing new vaccines.

www.cnbc.com...

KEY POINTS
A WHO official said Monday it is reclassifying the highly contagious triple-mutant Covid variant spreading in India as a "variant of concern" at the global level.
Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO's technical lead for Covid-19, said the agency will provide more details in its situation report Tuesday.
She added preliminary studies show the variant can spread more easily than the original virus and that there is some evidence it may able to evade vaccines.
edit on 10-5-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Governors Cuomo, Murphy and Whitmer just got moist thinking about the possibility of more authoritarian overreach.

+1 more 
posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh My God! We're all going to die!

Again.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
.....and #2 doesn't a mutant variant that evades natural and vaccine antibodies make being vaccinated even less effective than before.

Only IF it was effective before.

So it is possible that the current vaccines will be just as effective against this variant, as they were for the previous variant(s).

+25 more 
posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
India is getting hit by a biological attack as they pose a threat to China for cheap manufacturing and raw goods. a reply to: putnam6

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Governors Cuomo, Murphy and Whitmer just got moist thinking about the possibility of more authoritarian overreach.

They are probably already video-conferencing and I'm sure Governor Prickster (Illinois) has joined the party.

link   
It was all winding down, got to keep the grift going

link   
The thing about genetically engineered abominations is that, nature seeks to breed them out or otherwise eradicate them over time. This is most likely the reason scientists are seeing so many mutations. There's probably hundreds or thousands of mutations by now, but over time these strains should become less deadly and more in line with the common cold.

Do I trust the WHO. Absolutely not. Last I heard it was primarily funded and ran by the Chinese Communist Party and the Gates Foundation, neither of which I trust at all.
edit on 10-5-2021 by IndieA because: WHO comment

link   

Don't trust WHO for sure, as has been mentioned before once your start vaccinations, doesn't it usually sends viruses into a never-ending cycle of mutations and needing new vaccines.

Yeah. I don't know how we manage with all these mutant strains of smallpox and polio floating around.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Yeah. I don't know how we manage with all these mutant strains of smallpox and polio floating around.

Genuine question here...

Does that not, at least, suggest that the Covid is not entirely a natural virus?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It is for this reason that vaccines should not be given during any epi or pandemics. Won't help because it's too widespread and because it doesn't kill the buggers, they help any virus to get stronger and immune to the vaccines.

The virus mutates every 10 hours.

We need to go the old route and stop these injections whilst protecting the vulnerable and let everyone else get natural antibodies.
This would not cause any virus to become a superbug.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

variant can spread more easily than the original virus

Same garbage they came out with about the UK variant, and the Brazilian variant and the South African variant now it's the Indian variant.

None of them have or are any more deadly than the original, which 98.5% of the population will survive. And still yet 85% don't need to be vaccinated.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Huh. So the country that's got people packed together like Sardines has managed to create the super-triple-extra strength version of Covid. But let me guess. We need to get the soon to be even more useless "vaccine" anyways.

I can just picture my wonderful dear leader Whitmer squirming in her chair in anticipation.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

The problem isn’t the vaccines, the problem is they’re not 100% effective because it’s a respiratory virus and prone to mutation, even in the same host. If these new strains, 617 and 618, which is the bengal variant, that we should be worried about. Once these start circulating and we keep using the old vaccines, we could potentially make it worse for those vulnerable populations because while the vaccine will keep it in check, they won’t be able to generate novel antibody generation to escape mutations and they’ll share these strains with everyone else.

The problem is the thing is everywhere and so widespread it’s going to mutate. It doesn’t matter if you have natural immunity or vaccine immunity, escape mutations will happen. We’re too far behind, it will die out eventually and go into seasonal circulation but they need to organize a little better.

You don’t want this thing in your nervous system or in endothelial tissue for too long, that’s when you start getting autoimmune issues and self reactive antibody generation. The vaccines can stop that, plus stop stop ARDS and sclerosis of lung tissue. It’s why I got it, and my wife, I need far more data for my kids to get it though.

It’s a double edged sword, darned if you do, screwed if you don’t. The groups I work with do work with some vaccine targets but their specialty is crazy diseases. Ebola, highly pathogenic influenza, and other nasty viruses. They believe small molecules are the key, blocking protein expression with medication targets so we stop viral replication and the mutation problem. It will work better, buy us more time, the host has a better chance of overcoming escape from treatment, and while the virus can still escape this therapy as well, it should hopefully be reduced.
edit on 10-5-2021 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Cancel all mask allowances !!😧

Re-mandate the masks !!😧

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
India is getting hit by a biological attack as they pose a threat to China for cheap manufacturing and raw goods. a reply to: putnam6

I wonder if nuclear India will be as much an apologist for China engaging in biological warfare against them as Biden and the US Democrats that voted for him.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"triple-mutant"

Sheesh, when will the CDC and biden admin realize that name is still not scary enough. They need a new marketing consultant.

Let me suggest:

1. The "zombie apocalypse" variant
2. The "your testicles and penis fall off" variant
3. The "you wish you were already dead" variant
4. The "foggetaboutit" variant
5. The "spontaneous combustion" variant
6. The "HIV is a picnic" variant
7. The "turns you gay" variant
edit on 10-5-2021 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
just wait 'til the double-secret mutation shows up.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

which is the bengal variant, that we should be worried about.

I'm not entirely clear why that is. What specifically makes it a standout above all of the other VOCs? Does it affect the 85% of the population that are not significantly affected? or does it have an IFR higher than 0.15%?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Oh My God! We're all going to die!

Again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join