It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And here we go again...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
The more of that they provide quicky, the less urban renewal would take place.
Leo transparency is long overdue.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
a reply to: JinMI
To all those that idolized law enforcement here... you can sleep well tonight. As you can see nothing has changed... nothing will change. Police will keep killing citizens... specially those that you don’t like.

The violent criminal type that don't even care if an officer is there, and still try to kill two people?

And?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

To all those that idolized law enforcement here... you can sleep well tonight. As you can see nothing has changed... nothing will change. Police will keep killing citizens... specially those that you don’t like.

Sorry, this is what happens when parents would rather be a friend to their kids. And when a society glorifies outlaw/rockstar, gangster/pop star culture.

When parents are in a society where it’s up to schools to feed and care for children.

Law enforcement is just a reflection of a USA that glorifies violent behavior over meaningful intellectual pursuits.

Know how to make hate speech acceptable in the USA, just set it to music.
edit on 21-4-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

It’s being reported that the girl that call the cops was the girl that ended up dead and she had a knife because she was protecting herself from being jumped.

The only people “reporting” that were Twitter users. Actual journalists were reporting the girls own mother saying she had a knife when the officer arrived and that they were having problems with her.

What needs to happen it’s a full investigation of the events and what was the cop thought process that led him to apply deadly force on a group of teenagers.

Why would they investigate something that didn’t happen? Deadly force was used on one person.

having seen the video I can’t believe he discharged the weapon as he did seeing that there was a person right next to his intended target.

“Hey sorry I watched you get stabbed, but you two were like super duper close to each other so I figured it was best to let her go until she moved away from you.”

The mental gymnastics people like you employ when it comes to how law enforcement should do the job never ceases to be amazing.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You

“Hey sorry I watched you get stabbed, but you two were like super duper close to each other so I figured it was best to let her go until she moved away from you.”

I don’t have a love for law enforcement, but I understand and respect them for doing a job I wouldn’t want.

The cop was in a no win situation. I am sure there is some accountability if the cop just watched someone get stabbed.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

you sound like you need to do a few ride alongs with the police. You can observe how they do their job and correct them as needed. Or perhaps you might understand things when they turn gray.

Sometimes cops make a bad call, most of the time, they make a good call.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I have been saying that the way the police are being shown today will lead to one inevitable conclusion.

The cops will receive a call for a disturbance and will see where this call originated from.
After that they will decide how, or I should say when, to respond.
They will show up after the fact and sort the bodies.

Welcome to 2021.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

pretty soon on the side of their cars it will say to wait and investigate, instead of to protect and serve.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That or a nationwide strike.

Either way it opens the door to federal policing.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Armchair cops. Monday morning quarterbacks. Chairborne Rangers.

They're all the same. None of them have any real idea how these things go and want to lecture others on their version of what is right. Meanwhile they make crap up to bring more gravitas to their argument, like saying asinine things like:

What needs to happen it’s a full investigation of the events and what was the cop thought process that led him to apply deadly force on a group of teenagers.

I mean, really?

You have to wonder if Bunch actually watched the same video.
edit on 4 21 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Her family can't whine about her getting shot in these circumstances but, at only 16, she certainly didn't deserve to die.

For what it's worth, in my opinion there needs to be serious Police re-training. It just seems that the natural reaction is to go for the gun. In this situation, a Tazer would have been far more appropriate - she would still be alive and would face justice, both of which are kind of what the Police are there for in the first place..

I have to say though that this is nothing like some of the other cases of Police killing people.
edit on 21-4-2021 by Flavian because: Dodgy keyboard

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wasn’t it Joe that said something like “shoot them in the leg” thinking that was the solution? Think that would have worked here, assuming the harder target of a leg versus center mass?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

In this situation, a Tazer would have been far more appropriate - she would still be alive and would face justice,

Meeting a lethal threat with a less-lethal or non-lethal response is actually wildly inappropriate and in direct opposition to both the use of force continuum and case law.

So...no.
edit on 21-4-2021 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Lol tries to stab another human in the neck in front of police

How do we blame white supremacy?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

When you signing up to be a cop to show us how its done?

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wonder how they feel about the fact more LEO'S are killed by criminals than the other way around every year......kinda ironic huh?

If we do statistics on that, then LEO would be considered a super minority with possibly the largest margin if being killed in any profession outside of military.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

In this situation, a Tazer would have been far more appropriate - she would still be alive and would face justice,

Meeting a lethal threat with a less-lethal or non-lethal response is actually wildly inappropriate and in direct opposition to both the use of force continuum and case law.

So...no.

Shhh....no law enforcement professionals in here....

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Did we see the same video?
The girl shot had the knife, right?
She was attempting to stab the girl in pink, right?

The girl in pink was lucky the officer didn't hit her by accident.

Yes we did watch the same video. What I’m saying is that initial reports say that the girl with the knife was fighting ALL those girls that apparently went to HER house to jump her. We obviously need more details as initial report can be wrong.

if that is indeed the case, then the pack of girls ALL need to be charged and convicted with murder (as adults if they are under age). since their crime resulted in a death. and then the dead girl's family could sue the girls and their families for wrongful death.

and it would be a very unfortunate situation, that the cop is blameless for. it's a case of split seconds. all the cop knows, is what he sees. and had to react instantly to save a life based solely on what he sees (a person attacking another with a deadly weapon). there is not the luxury of time to do any more then react on his observations without knowing anything else. or perhaps you think he should have let the girl kill the other, so he could then find out what was going on? in which case not only would the story be that the girl with the knife was the instigator. but the same people damming the cop for shooting the armed and attacking girl, would instead be equally freaking out and damming the cop for failing to stop the attack. and that is the problem with these people, no matter what a cop does or doesn't do, the cop is wrong and guilty of a crime.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Equal to or greater force.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Has the Justice Looting started yet?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join