It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When can we start throwing Doctors in jail?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Sorry to hear what happened to you

There are some horror stories and people often forget the real lives behind those statistics

Its a shame that a white coat (or elected office, or [insert here]) seems to exempt some folks from the consequences everyone else has to face

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
And you winners may want to look up the actual number of people who die of AEMT each year, it sure isn't 250-400,000.

according to science-based medicine...

For 5,180 deaths in the most recent year, that means 108,780 deaths had an AEMT as a contributing or primary cause that year, which is in line with the IOM estimates.

Are medical errors really the third most common cause of death in the U.S.? (2019 edition)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I don't think police killings are remotely an issue with the millions of normal daily interactions.
Not nearly as dangerous as the "order out of chaos" retards in charge right now.
There is a subset of society that have their ONLY limitations being violence.

This cop lady screwed up though.
Does she deserve preferential treatment?
Is that the question here?

I'd say slightly, since she is put into the position daily.
Same with doctors.

Added..the more I look at it, her mistake was more of a weapon one.
Which is kinda irrelevant since he was fleeing in a deadly weapon to begin with.

I'm on team no major punishment, but back to training.

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Added

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
YESSSSSS! I made this point in another thread and got shot down! It’s a fair comparison.

I believe however both systems work good considering how many people they serve and the deaths really are the cost of business. Sad b it not golden casket worthy.

Couldn't agree more Athetos
Sorry to hear you were dumped on for making a good point, but sometimes people can't handle the truth or rational arguments
Big thumbs up to you though

I think they work too, providing for the inevitable screwups and even blatant crimes (sometimes criminals manage to worm their way into law enforcement, it happens and is very rare) its just human nature to screw up, and when the pressure is turned up higher & higher, the incidence of mistakes increases too

Someone said it best that politicians, MSM, activist parents and educational elites are responsible for creating this environment of fear of distrust that will inevitably spill into the streets

Every parent that's ever told their child to fear police has a little bit of blood on her hands
Every educator that taught their classes that police were kill happy racists has a little bit of blood on his hands, too
Every time a MSM "journalist" works to discredit law enforcement... you guessed it... bloody hands

And finally, the poor officer in that impossible position now has blood on her hands too. She has to live with that for the rest of her life. She still has to look her little kids in the face and she will definitely never be the same again. But out of everyone who is responsible...I blame the officer the least because 1) she's the only one whos conduct was "accidental" (vs. intentional propaganda and lies) and 2) she has the right intention.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Michael Jackson's doctor was arrested and stood trial.

Try googling doctors charged with murder, literally hundreds of articles come up.

I would say they have been being charged.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Me too Mandroid7
The manslaughter charge, perp walk and booking into county was totally and completely over the top showmanship on the part of the prosecution

She's a cop (former, now) for God's sake. She's attached to the community, permanently, and is absolutely not a flight risk in any way. She's made herself available the entire time, checked in with both her former department and her own attorneys and has made no attempt to flee

Not neccesarily saying she should get special treatment, but I would like to think anyone who accidentally killed another would be afforded every benefit of the doubt unless a reason existed to say otherwise. This instant rush to judgement and assumption of malice is beyond the pale these days

I'm on team no major punishment, but back to training.

Me too

And I believe civil court is the right place for this to play out. Wrongful death, sure, much lower threshold to find liability (vs. "beyond a reasonable doubt" for criminal court)

Sometimes people die when they shouldn't. It doesn't need to be a Federal case (or criminal case) every single darn time. Sometimes bad things just happen. Especially when the decedent played no small role in their own demise. This is what civil courts exist for
edit on 4/14/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

That is the report with the most up to date info as far as I saw earlier.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

USCP officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbit during the Jan 6th US Capitol incident will not be charged.

Anyone care to explain how trespassing warrants lethal force but fleeing with violence, while subject to an arrest warrant related to armed robbery, is not?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll concede that point since I cannot find the source I used earlier.

Still, its over 1000x the number killed by police that statement still holds true

Looking for a solution to a non-problem
edit on 4/14/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Still, its over 1000x the number killed by police that statement still holds true

The amount of people who require health care each year is also going to be higher than the number of people interacting with police officers.

Statistics without context are meaningless.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JBurns

The amount of people who require health care each year is also going to be higher than the number of people interacting with police officers.

Statistics without context are meaningless.

And this ladies & gents is why I don't bother arguing with Mason

Thats not an insignificant point

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

They need to handle in a grand jury as per usual.
I don't think they will have any leg in civil court either.
The guy was fleeing in a deadly weapon. He was a threat to society at that point.
An argument could be made that luckily it wasn't a taser. It would just rip out when he floored it, even if it made it past his baggy clothes. At that range tasers can fail because the barbs are too close together.

Cops are being pushed by the commie media as the enemy.
It is all planned out. Hopefully the courts aren't political there.

I'd be laying low, or have a cam on, if I was law enforcement right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: carewemust

Physician stress has led to a record number of suicides within the profession.

www.ama-assn.org...

Probably the good ones.

Yeah, the good doctors feel bad when someone dies....the bad ones blame it on the patient if they make a mistake.....it is your fault, you caused it so they needed to treat you is what they believe. Sometimes that is true, but not all the time.

If a doctor has a picture of Dr Fauci on the wall, get the hell out of there!

Check your PMs.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My best friend got a 2 yrs degree for radiology and became an xray tech right after high school. After 10 years taking xrays he made a lateral move up into a cardiology department running the xray equipment the surgeons use when doing procedures.

He hated it after a while. I think he spent around 10 years doing that before becoming a surgical assistant.

He once told me he watched doctors screw up and kill patients regularly.
Very seldom did anything come of it, the family would be told there were "complications" so and so just didnt make it, we did all we could blah blah.

After watching thousands of procedures being performed right in front of him my bro pretty much could spot mistakes as soon as they happened. And if you want to keep your job, you keep your mouth shut.

So, basicly, I'm saying the number of deaths due to malpractice is probably a lot higher, and a bunch of those family's dont get a dime of settlement money.

Just a "sorry" and a huge bill.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Or a few different cameras in different angles

Cops are being pushed by the commie media as the enemy.
It is all planned out. Hopefully the courts aren't political there.

How very sad and true

Not sure what they are like, but a trial by jury almost assures at least one will stand against these politically motivated persecutions

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
My best friend got a 2 yrs degree for radiology and became an xray tech right after high school. After 10 years taking xrays he made a lateral move up into a cardiology department running the xray equipment the surgeons use when doing procedures.

He hated it after a while. I think he spent around 10 years doing that before becoming a surgical assistant.

Very seldom did anything come of it, the family would be told there were "complications" so and so just didnt make it, we did all we could blah blah.

After watching thousands of procedures being performed right in front of him my bro pretty much could spot mistakes as soon as they happened. And if you want to keep your job, you keep your mouth shut.

So, basicly, I'm saying the number of deaths due to malpractice is probably a lot higher, and a bunch of those family's dont get a dime of settlement money.

I think part of the problem is, getting one doctor to testify against another doctor.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sorry but Doctors get arrested all the time for a variety of offenses...just commenting on the title of your thread.

There seems to be some speculation on the accuracy of that article if you Google it. Do accidental deaths include procedures that have chances of dieing? If the surgery is 70% survival and 30% fatal, sure the doctor doesn't want you to die, so would that be an accident if you did?

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: caterpillage

I think part of the problem is, getting one doctor to testify against another doctor.

Agreed, unless a doctor is earning his living as an expert witness, testifying against your colleagues is probably not a career builder.

Theres also likely pressure by corporate medical to keep as much from being a problem as possible.

As far as I know my friend was never told "keep your mouth shut", but it was just kinda understood.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

hahahah so thats why my doctor farted in my face the other day and asked how it smells...

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

thanks it's alright. I ended up reading an insane amount of medical literature and know so much now about how to naturally cure myself of just about anything now. I just wish other people would listen to me. Had to watch my dad die of cancer and deny any of the remedies I offered and go straight to chemo which took him out in less then 8 months. I still think if he tried some of the things i offered he could have survived but i'll never know.
Another reason why i have no faith in our medical system.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join