It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bloody Sunday': Left Activists, Labor Leaders Executed in Philippines After Duterte Says...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You're moving the goal posts.

I don't have discharge statistics for this year. Even if I had access to such information it would be for last year at this point in time.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

How am I moving the goal posts?

You claimed that the military is drumming out soldiers simply because they're Trump supporters and claiming they're white supremacists.

I'm simply asking for proof. I don't need statistics. You should think that if it was happening en masse as you insinuate there would be a lot of angry, former, soldiers going online telling their story.

Of course if we look at reality, your narrative makes no sense. The reason why white supremacists, and I'm talking actual white supremacists, were able to join the military in the first place is because the military are desperate for bodies. Do you really think they're going to purge a large percentage of their rank-and-file at the same time they're gearing up for another war in the Middle East? Don't be ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

So because there are Communist insurgents in the Philippines, it justifies Duterte using the police and military to assassinate Left Wing political activists who have no history of having ties to this insurgents?

I'm sure there's also some scummy drug dealers there too. That doesn't change the fact that Duterte's War on Drugs is just one long series of human rights violations.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

That's funny. When I was in the Navy I didn't see any white nationalism or white supremacy.

Did you serve in the US military? Did you see it first hand? Or, are you just taking the media's word for it?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Military readiness doesn't seem to matter to the military right now.

They're letting in transgendered people and paying for sex changes. The military is nothing more than another woke organization being used for social engineering and welfare.

It will be politicized that's already obvious. The purges are happening as I have already demonstrated and the woke indoctrination is occuring. They even tell you it is.

Now you want me to come up with information that likely no one has yet. That's called moving the goal posts.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I'm taking the military's word for it. Military Times conducted a poll of active servicemen in 2017, following the tragedy in Charlottesville, and again in 2019, following the arrest of Chris Hasson. Both polls found that 22% of servicemen had seen signs of white nationalism or racist ideologies.

On top of that, between 42% (2017) and over 50% (2019) of non-white servicemen had been the target of racism or racist ideology.

Source

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Duterte is a psychopath.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Once again, asking for proof of your claim is not moving the goal posts.

The only proof you've provided is that the military is cracking down on white supremacists. Considering the fact that those that support extremist ideologies are not supposed to be admitted into the military, I don't see how that's a bad thing. Especially when it's been a known problem for decades.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The Great Hunt for Red AtomWaffles still?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I remember that survey and when it came out I explained how it was bogus.

Long story short the sample size was extremely small and the methodology over all was garbage.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Anyways how does a thread on Duterte and the Philippines turn into a discussion about racism in the US military?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Because the Right in this country has such a persecution complex, they have to turn Leftists in another country being killed by their government into a circle jerk about how they're being discriminated against.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Because the Right in this country has such a persecution complex, they have to turn Leftists in another country being killed by their government into a circle jerk about how they're being discriminated against.

Can you explain this a little more clearly?

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

In other news. I'm involved in a discussion with some leftists where they are trying to say Duterte isn't a real Leftist, and that his political party isn't left wing either.

Leftists doing what they do best.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Sure. I made this thread about Duterte killing Leftists in the Philippines. Right Wingers then immediately began lamenting how that is their future in the US based on pretty much nothing other than their persecution complex.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well, that and the sources you asked for and won't acknowledge in favor of data no one has.

edit on 3 15 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So because there are Communist insurgents in the Philippines, it justifies Duterte using the police and military to assassinate Left Wing political activists who have no history of having ties to this insurgents?

I'm sure there's also some scummy drug dealers there too. That doesn't change the fact that Duterte's War on Drugs is just one long series of human rights violations.

No, it’s just that all that terrorism is missing from the story, and communists and leftists are made to look like helpless victims.

From Wikipedia, here are the last few months:

January 6 - a military officer was killed in a shootout with rebels in Abra.[102]

January 12 - government employee Pio Lingatong was assassinated by rebels in Barangay Aloja, Batuan.[103]

January 17 - 3 soldiers were killed and 1 wounded in an ambush in Legazpi City, the soldiers were transporting intel when they were attacked.[104]

January 20 - rebels killed 2 kidnapped village officials in Masbate, 1 being a councilman and another being a watchman.[105]

January 23 - 1 soldier was killed in a shootout with rebels in Quirino Town, Ilocos Sur.[106]

January 28 - shots were fired at a police station in Surigao Del Norte, 2 hours later a group of rebels in the same area ambushed a patrol, a military corporal sustained injuries to the head.[107]

February 1 - there was a skirmish between militiamen and rebels in Misamis Occidental province, atleast 1 militiaman was injured.[108]

February 3 - a soldier was wounded by a IED during a skirmish with rebels in the Umayam tribe region of Bukidnon.[109]

February 4 - rebels assassinated militiaman Darwin Juagpao in Tandag City, Surigao del Sur.[110]

February 5 - 2 soldiers were killed and 1 wounded during a clash with rebels in Quezon.[111]

February 8 - rebels assassinated militiaman Lander Sta. Ana Garde in Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental.[112]

February 9 - a military lieutenant was killed along with 2 rebels during intense clashes in Quezon.[113]

February 17 - 2 former mayors and 2 others were assassinated during a rebel ambush in Barangay Ignacio B. Jurado, NPA propaganda was found near the scene and there were no less than 6 attackers.[114]

February 18 - a soldier was wounded during a skirmish with rebels in San Joaquin, Iloilo.[115]

February 19 - a Special Action Force member with the Philippine National Police was wounded in a shootout with rebels in Northern Samar.[116]

February 22 - 4 Special Action Force troopers and 2 civilians were wounded by a rebel IED on a highway in Barangay Putiao, Pilar town in Sorsogon province, the rebels also engaged in a brief firefight with the police before retreating.[117]

February 25 - rebels torched a Dump Truck and a Backhoe in Barangay Binocaran, Malimono town. the vehicles belonged to CV Construction.[118]

February 28 - rebels killed village cheif Julie Capin during a drive by in Barangay Roosevelt, Tapaz, Capiz.[119]

March 3 - rebels detonated a landmine near a police car in Janiuay town, Iloilo province. Nobody was injured in the explosion.[120]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Looks like they're literally fighting a war against the commies the commies are complaining that they're getting their ass kicked.

Not sure how much I'm supposed to care now...

Sorry for your losses OP.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Once again, the people that were killed had no connection to the insurgents. They were nothing more than unarmed political activists and community organizers.

Explain how that deserves being assassinated by your government.

posted on Mar, 15 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   

None of the people assassinated by Duterte's regime were connected to the insurgents. Maybe that's why it wasn't brought up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join