It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denzel Washington on "the System"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Bill was getting flak before the rape allegations.

Getting flak and being persona non grata are two different things. Cosby was still doing his thing after that speech and I will wager any amount Washington still has an intact full filming schedule.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Edumakated
Bill was getting flak before the rape allegations.

Getting flak and being persona non grata are two different things. Cosby was still doing his thing after that speech and I will wager any amount Washington still has an intact full filming schedule.

The point is that his star was starting to fall after that speech. It was very controversial at the time. You start going too far right, you will find yourself in hot water.

There are numerous examples of revered black men being slammed for going against the progressive tropes.

Ben Carson was widely looked up to in the black community until he decided to come out as a Republican.

Herman Cain was as well.

Heck, rapper Ice Cube found himself in controversy for discussing black issues with Trump administration after Biden's camp basically ignored him.

Comedian Steve Harvey was reduced to groveling after he chose to meet with Trump right after election.

Soy boy, liberal pundit, Van Jones caught some flak for admitting Trump did good on criminal justice reform.

I suspect, they got to Don Lemonade too. Probably don't remember when he had the audacity to say there are 5 things black people can do to help their community. He was excoriated over it.... till now we have the Don Lemon super liberal of today with TDS.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You think The Equalizer is going anywhere? I sure don't.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I agree with what Denzel is saying. I think everyone who's honest understands the root cause of the problems. Complete breakdown of family structure. Learned culture.

Solutions to fix these issues are what I'm more interested in.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I agree with what Denzel is saying. I think everyone who's honest understands the root cause of the problems. Complete breakdown of family structure. Learned culture.

The solution is simple in that you have to stop having children out of wedlock. Black culture has to change so that it isn't accepted as normal or acceptable anymore. Government also has to stop subsidizing the behavior.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You want the government to pay people to get married or wth . I think you’re a little out there pal

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Bill Cosby was a rape-y scumbag, Washington hasn't had a hint of anything like that about him.

AM, maybe that is because their criminal asses were ok with his rape-y scumbaggery until he started telling black people the kids need a dad and all the tough love talks he gave before those women came out against him? Odd how they wait and wait when they knew the victims stories fore seemingly years.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
One big solution is for the powers that be to quit belittling family units and NORMIES.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
AM, maybe that is because their criminal asses were ok with his rape-y scumbaggery until he started telling black people the kids need a dad and all the tough love talks he gave before those women came out against him?

No, that's not it.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

You want the government to pay people to get married or wth . I think you’re a little out there pal

There may be something to rather than rewarding behavior that continues to propagate the systemic problems to instead reward / incentivize desired behaviors that would contribute to fixing the same issues.

But were not even to the point where you can discuss this things publicly without immediately being called a racist by a frothing of the mouth liberal SJW.

posted on Mar, 12 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It starts at home, so I hope you're not holding your breath. That goes for all races, not just the black community. As long as the government continues to reward you for being lazy and having lots of kids, we're going to be facing these issues.

I think government assistance should depend on several different things and shouldn't be offered to anyone for more than 3 months unless they're physically or mentally disabled. For those who aren't, it shouldn't be offered for longer than three months unless a job is actively being pursued.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   
[/post]

AM, maybe that is because their criminal asses were ok with his rape-y scumbaggery until he started telling black people the kids need a dad and all the tough love talks he gave before those women came out against him?

originally posted by: [post=25800853]AugustusMasonicus

No, that's not it.

Oh it is not the single cause, but it most certainly is one of several "it's".

edit on 13-3-2021 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The guy is a ****ing rapist, that's the reason he got rightly 'cancelled'.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The guy is a ****ing rapist, that's the reason he got rightly 'cancelled'.

Was there some confusion in my post about that? Of course not. So, why would you go there as that makes no logical sense whatsoever. I believe he, like Coumo and Biden are allowed all of their sins as long as they play the Social game of ignoring facts to spew the narrative. You often seem to spew the narrative so I expect little logic when that happens.

I believe you and others don't care these sick people get a pass until they slip up and say something true that is against what the Uniparty controllers wish shared with the public.

Prove me wrong, I will humbly offer an apology.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So, why would you go there as that makes no logical sense whatsoever. I believe he, like Coumo and Biden are allowed all of their sins as long as they play the Social game of ignoring facts to spew the narrative.

Think what you want, Cosby wasn't 'cancelled' for offering his opinion, his comments were made many years before he went to prison.

edit on 13-3-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
[/post]

So, why would you go there as that makes no logical sense whatsoever. I believe he, like Coumo and Biden are allowed all of their sins as long as they play the Social game of ignoring facts to spew the narrative.

originally posted by: [post=25802342]AugustusMasonicus

Think what you want, Cosby wasn't 'cancelled' for offering his opinion, his comments were made many years before he went to prison.

Well, there were some very recent things, and it was during the Obama years that he was getting vocal about the black families, more than normal IMO.

He was a speaking often of the family and for common sense that disputed the Obama narrative but I won't expect people to remember since it goes against what you wish to remember apparently. Tell me you didn't recall a rash of his challenging the false narrative of the left.

I know you believe in the lefts' false narrative. Hopefully you only dislike it like me. I just think you are not willing to face the fact he was canceled after he spoke against the idiots running things in DC, more or less.

ETA

Note that he should have been canceled way sooner should be the take away. Same for the others they canceled that deserved it way before they got zapped. The left rallies like a run for the roses down the stretch when the get canceling or they are silent. As the Fonz said on Happy Days, "Fact a mundo there!"

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Think Denzel is an intelligent and honest chap and has got it spot on.

Also some relevant comments in this interview about the 'welfare state'.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well, there were some very recent things, and it was during the Obama years that he was getting vocal about the black families, more than normal IMO.

The 'Poundcake' video we're discussing is from 2004, try again.

posted on Mar, 13 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The 'Poundcake' video we're discussing is from 2004, try again.

Still, I can't understand your selective memory and avoiding what I have stated about cancelling him after his pissed off the left wing nutcases running things now.

posted on Mar, 14 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Still, I can't understand your selective memory and avoiding what I have stated about cancelling him after his pissed off the left wing nutcases running things now.

The speech we're discussing that allegedly 'pissed off the left' was in 2004 and he wasn't 'cancelled' then. The fact that you cannot tell time is not my problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join