It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denzel Washington on "the System"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Denzel should really run for Office. I'd vote for him.

Denzel Washington Talks about Black Life Matter On Roman J.Isreal Interview.

Don’t blame the system for black incarceration. it starts at home.

Here's the video.

youtu.be...

I didn't see the complete interview, but there are several others on the right side of the screen.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Usually, well-rounded people with intelligent perspectives don't run for office.

Interesting Denzel interview though.

edit on 11-3-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
How dare he speak from a place of logic and reasoning. As opposed to a place of emotion. I’ve always liked Denzel, he understands that nobody wants to have the tough discussion about where most problems start. It’s easier for society to just point the finger.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I have seen Denzel direct some pretty scathing remarks at the MSM.

I think he understands what's going on.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Denzel better be careful...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Denzel better be careful...

Why? He's The Equalizer...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

When the woke mob decides to come after him he won't be equalizing anything...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

All kidding aside I think he's one of the few people that can stand up to those clowns and speak from a realistic viewpoint.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Usually, well-rounded people with intelligent perspectives don't run for office.

Interesting Denzel interview though.

I'd have a hard time voting for him for president for the same reason I hesitated voting for Ben Carson; I think that they are both good, decent, honorable men and that Washington, D.C. politics goes into high gear to utterly destroy good, decent, honorable people.

It's a sad commentary on the state of our culture and politics, but I really believe that it would be nearly impossible for a decent human being to survive Washington politics.
:
edit on 2021 3 11 by incoserv because: typos.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
How dare he speak from a place of logic and reasoning. As opposed to a place of emotion. I’ve always liked Denzel, he understands that nobody wants to have the tough discussion about where most problems start. It’s easier for society to just point the finger.

I've always been a fan, too. Usually anything with Denzel, Snipes, or Freeman is gonna be worth watching. It makes Denzel's movies even better to watch now. I remember when Morgan Freeman said the best way to stop racism is to quit talking about it. I don't think I've ever heard Wesley Snipes talk about all the PC crap which is good enough for me.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

I've always been a fan, too. Usually anything with Denzel, Snipes, or Freeman is gonna be worth watching. It makes Denzel's movies even better to watch now. I remember when Morgan Freeman said the best way to stop racism is to quit talking about it. I don't think I've ever heard Wesley Snipes talk about all the PC crap which is good enough for me.

I actually think you'll find most successful black people are pretty conservative in their thinking. They don't buy into victimization narrative. This is not to say they don't believe in racism, it is just not really the main thing holding us back. Progressivism shouts down any talk though about black issues not being caused by racism.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I agree, but Denzel remembers what happened to JFK and others who 'stood up to the system'.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
I agree, but Denzel remembers what happened to JFK and others who 'stood up to the system'.

Kennedy did not stand up to the system, he was the system.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Stating in public that he wanted to destroy the CIA and throw it to the 4 winds suggests otherwise. Abandoning them at Bay of Pigs suggests otherwise.

He died for a reason, and it wasn't Oswald that killed him.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Nah, I don't think it is that deep. He knows what happens when you are black and decide not to tow the progressive line. He saw what happened to Bill Cosby, Ben Carson, and others. He knows he will quickly go from being a revered actor to persona non grata if he goes too far right politically.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Stating in public that he wanted to destroy the CIA and throw it to the 4 winds suggests otherwise. Abandoning them at Bay of Pigs suggests otherwise.

He died for a reason, and it wasn't Oswald that killed him.

Start a thread, I'll be happy to show you what a tool he was.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm waiting to see what Paris Hilton has to say...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Bill Cosby was a rape-y scumbag, Washington hasn't had a hint of anything like that about him.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Bill Cosby was a rape-y scumbag, Washington hasn't had a hint of anything like that about him.

Bill was getting flak before the rape allegations. It started with his infamous "pound cake" speech in which he excoriated the black community at a 50th anniversary celebration of the Brown vs Board of Education function.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Agreed. I was pretty disappointed when I saw Will Smith and Jamie Foxx (of all people) complaining about the representation of black actors and actresses nominated at the Oscars. Not that I ever watched a bunch of overpaid people pat each other on the back, but if I did, I wouldn't know what they put out as serious or not now because I know they're making decisions to appease the ones complaining. It really ruins everything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join