It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Much for Healthy at Any Size

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Yes fat, natural fats, no the processed oils for cooking and in our butter, I eat lard, when I need to fry and only olive oil for regular cooking, also my butter is always natural.

If you can not read the ingredients in your food label do not buy it and do not eat it.

My cholesterol is high for the "big pharma pill pushing medical establishment" but my doctor is amazed at how higher my good cholesterol is, in other words I do not need any statin drugs because my own body gets rid of the bad cholesterol on his own.

Fat is not the enemy as long as the body can take care of it.

Natural Fat got a bad reputation in order to push processed oils, anything processed in food is no good.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

We eat too much. I'm English and I love a full English breakfast, but it's a treat that might see months between consumption. I've never grafted my arse off like the people post wwII or post industrial Britain.

It stands to reason that 4000 calories a day aren't good when I'm burning around 2000.

It's like saying I wonder why women put on weight after pregnancy... Diet and still eating for two? We're not that adaptable, generally anyways.

You can't be blamed neither can the average person in the street, it's the media via big business sponsorship literally feeding you the ideas that you need to eat and eat and eat. You seen Saturday morning TV? As soon as one finishes breakie then that Saturday morning kitchen is on and you get immediately hungry again, gone ar ethe days when you'd wait 'til 1.00 for your lunch, it's tensies then elevensies, then twelvsies then it just goes on all day while constant food is thrown at you by the media / big business

Its all that and a Lollipop to.

"They" have strategiclly placed "bad bugs" inside your body....the "bugs" get in us from SPECIFCLY WEAPONIZED AND SPREAD ITEMS WITHIN our Foodchain...then that same Foodchain and Global water supply is weaponized against us by having included chemicals and additives that foster and support these "bad bugs" growth and prosperity...

ITS A TRICKY BUG THAT CAN LIVE IN OUR BELLY-BLOOD-BODY AND IN A DIFFERENT SIZE AND FORM IN EACH AREA...WHEN ITS IN ONLY OUR BELLY THE BUGS STEAL THE MOST BENEFICIAL MICRO-NUTRIENTS FROM YOUR FOODS YOU EAT....Soooo....even if you eat a perfectly measured and selected diet .... the bugs will steal all the good things immediatly and only leave the bad sugars and whatever else they dont want for your body to utilize....having something steal the critical micro-nutrients and then by proxy forcing the body to live on "leftovers" creates hundreds of negative Symptoms....or Diseases.....

Calories dont matter....if your body is deprived of Micro-Nutrients long enough it will develop constant food cravings....even if you are eating a regular full diet.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01

The best workouts are done without "necessary" workout equipment. Workout equipment is a scam. You can use your own body as a weight(too many, way too many to list here, but most common are push ups and sit ups). You can run in place. You can do curls with many objects laying around. The strongest most fit people ive met in my life have never been to a gym nor do they own workout equipment.

Very true.
Anyone looking to get fit should begin this way IMO-I know lots of people who ususally at new year buy a gym membership with high hopes...then give up after a few weeks/months.
What they should do is first excercise at home with a body weight routine,and stick to it to develop a habit/routine.
You gotta forge your MIND into a state where excersise is almost done on "autopilot."
Then if you wish,start thinking about joining a gym.

Another good way is if you are in a bad place in your life/head you can use excersise as a way to channel negativity into something good-If you have characteristics you maybe don't like about yourself-push them out through excersise.
Visualise that negativity leaving your body as you work out.

For me its being a stubborn SOB-I hate that about myself and don't wish to be that way with others-so I channel it all into daily work outs.
So I get a dual benefit of being fit and (hopefully)being less stubborn in day to day life.
Win Win

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: ketsuko
Strong link between death from COVID and obesity continues to stand out.

In all countries with more than 100 deaths per 100K, the population had an obesity rate over 50%.

originally posted by: carewemust
Of 488,776 official U.S. Covid-19 deaths thus far, 18,634 had "Obesity" listed on the death certificate as a "comorbidity"..as a contributing factor.

Source: www.cdc.gov...

Something's not right here... well lots of things aren't right... but it seems like this is a pretty weak link in the big picture. If obesity were such a problem with Covid, then I would expect every nations Covid deaths/hospitalizations to conform to their nation's obesity rates. So if we have the highest obesity rate, then we should have the highest death rates. Whoever has the second highest obesity rates would have the second highest death rates. And so on and so forth down the line. But that's not the case from what I can see.

And when you consider Care's numbers (from the CDC), obesity as a co-morbidity is less than 4% of total Covid deaths in the USA, but our obesity rate is about 10x that.

Obviously, quality and availability of health care in each nation will play a role. But I think I'd be more interested in a chart comparing the consumption of artificial ingredients -- from fake sweeteners to dyes and preservatives -- with death/hospitalization rates. It would also be interesting to compare the number of deaths/hospitalizations with the numbers of patients taking immune-suppression drugs for pre-existing chronic conditions.

I'm not saying weight isn't a factor in health matters, but I just don't think these numbers tell us anything significant about Covid. Probably tells us more about their intentions to "fix" the problem, like you already noted of course.

I'm guessing morbidly obese people are more "careful" with exposing themselves to others, to avoid catching Covid in the first place. In the Chicago area, very few are seen out-and-about, compared to pre-Covid. They didn't die. Just staying at home and ordering groceries and other things by phone/internet.

But the few who do get it don't live long. Usually they're younger and make for great news headlines, because they are younger. Generates more fear in the population.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm guessing morbidly obese people are more "careful" with exposing themselves to others, to avoid catching Covid in the first place. In the Chicago area, very few are seen out-and-about, compared to pre-Covid. They didn't die. Just staying at home and ordering groceries and other things by phone/internet.

Yes, that makes sense. Especially considering that obese people tend to have other chronic conditions, often (but not always) related to weight. Sometimes weight gain is a direct cause of medication too. All of which would give them extra incentive to be more careful.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Heavens above that is like so scary, I really believe the food producers are just as bad as the old tobacco pushers in making us chemically addicted to their products. It's possible that the same board members now moved onto food from the tobacco companies. Add to this the enormous amount of illegal natural and man made drug$ that have been fed intoo our water supplies / food chain over the past hundred years and it's no wonder humanity is on a constant munchies

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Yes, that makes sense. Especially considering that obese people tend to have other chronic conditions, often (but not always) related to weight. Sometimes weight gain is a direct cause of medication too. All of which would give them extra incentive to be more careful.

I notice when I go to Walmart, all the battery powered scooters are sitting idle in their corral. Normally the really big people are using them. Also, none of my obese clients have died over the past year. (Insurance/financial advisor)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
anyone interested in a healthier way of eating check out 'whole30' - it's not a diet, but a reset of what you eat, cutting out anything that might make you less healthy, and creating a new normal. eat whole foods, as little processed as possible, cook it all yourself, organic, if possible, low food miles, lots of vegetables. healthy fats are good for you. eating fat doesn't make you fat!

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I notice when I go to Walmart, all the battery powered scooters are sitting idle in their corral. Normally the really big people are using them. Also, none of my obese clients have died over the past year. (Insurance/financial advisor)

Interesting observation. But now that you mention it, I haven't noticed other shoppers on the scooters while I'm shopping. To be specific, I don't recall having to avoid them. For some reason, they just cannot seem to stay on one side or the other...

Something else I've noticed is that there are far fewer people shopping during Senior days/hours, as well as the weekly excursions from the retirement homes. Every Friday morning, a shuttle used to bring seniors -- including the very elderly -- to the market, and it used to be full. The last time I saw it, there were only a handful of younger seniors. And I haven't seen it at all for a while now, so I'm not sure they're even still doing it. I hope this is just precautionary, keeping the most vulnerable home and safe, and not due to that many deaths in the facility.

But to be honest, I've become more and more of a hermit during Covid, mostly because I don't want to wear a mask and try to remember to maintain social distancing. And more recently, because people are just getting more and more disagreeable and obnoxious. I just don't want to deal with it. When I must go out for something, I go as early as possible and make it as quick as possible!

So take it with a grain of salt. My excursions -- and therefore my experiences -- are limited, and I may just not be out and about enough to know the big picture.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Your quite correct, there's something not right. I think you all aught to go and read the article again, 9 out of 10 deaths occurred in countries with over 50% obesity.
What it doesn't say is 9 out of 10 deaths are of obese people. Just because over 50% of people are obese does not equate to the 9 out of 10 dying being obese.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Your quite correct, there's something not right. I think you all aught to go and read the article again, 9 out of 10 deaths occurred in countries with over 50% obesity.
What it doesn't say is 9 out of 10 deaths are of obese people. Just because over 50% of people are obese does not equate to the 9 out of 10 dying being obese.

Yes, often it's what is not said that speaks the loudest, particularly when that is precisely the statiscal correlation we would expect to see for such an assertion.

But that also got me looking at weight charts, and they are not as consistent as I would have expected. And I just looked at English-language charts. I would imagine it would likewise vary across the world. So we'd still have to qualify "obese", and "overweight", and make sure everyone's on the same page, before we could come to any conclusions.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: rickymouse

Overweight makes you frail

I was skinny and muscular twenty years ago and two hundred fifty five pounds. I worked construction building houses and am almost six two. I went to the doctor one time and they weighed me in and the doctor said I have to lose forty pounds, because I was too heavy. I told him I could lift him and throw him across the room if I wanted too, lifting two hundred fifty pounds was nothing for me. I could haul cement blocks and put them up on scaffold two at a time all day long, I didn't even take a break. Lifting a fifty five gallon drum into the truck full of liquid was not a problem, I could carry a bushel of potatoes in each hand out to the car.

I now have a bad back and had back problems a lot when I was younger, go figure.

I am not frail, now I am around two hundred eighty pounds and can get up off the couch no problem...except if my back is out. I should lose thirty pounds I suppose but doing so without losing muscle volume is hard. I would probably have to lose fifty pounds now to be at the correct ratio, that is what I weighed when I was twenty nine years old and lifted weights a lot and did two hundred sit ups in a row. I went from two thirty to two fifty working so much all the time.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

1500 isn't bad so long as you're eating the right stuff. Eat a solid mix of proteins and healthy fats with the veggies, and you won't feel like you're starving because your body will spend time metabolizing them and you'll have the energy you need.

I actually went around 1400 calories and some days even a bit less.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Basically, the article says that the second highest risk category after age was being obese.

So that's why countries with the highest portions of the population at high obesity faired poorly - after age, obesity is the next highest risk factor.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

A lot of the senior complexes are still keeping their seniors in. Many of them will send out staff to do shopping for the seniors and bring things back in.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thank you for the info!
I'd love more info on how to do that if you feel comfortable sharing! :-)

a reply to: one4all

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: crayzeed

Basically, the article says that the second highest risk category after age was being obese.

So that's why countries with the highest portions of the population at high obesity faired poorly - after age, obesity is the next highest risk factor.

lolz

I'm fat and old and a smoker AND are an clinical engineer specializing in vents and anesthesia. Been dealing with Covid since the start.

lolz

I've been quarantined 3 times, had to work from home, have had multiple exposures. Have had many "colds".

Still alive and kicking.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How is your general mobility?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

How is your general mobility?

Pretty spry.

My fitbit says I'm doing 3 miles a day.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

That’s adequate. Im pretty much a health freak. Want the old body to be the ultimate unit but that still doesn’t help when it comes to genetics.

In fact! Hahaha. Just found out a few months ago that my grandfather isnt my grandfather through 23 and me. Never knew the guy but even my mom finds that funny.

Hell don’t even know my father’s health history.

I feel you do your best but it’s a crapshoot in the end

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join