It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Much for Healthy at Any Size

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Strong link between death from COVID and obesity continues to stand out.

In all countries with more than 100 deaths per 100K, the population had an obesity rate over 50%.

I guess you can't say "healthy at any size" and we need to reign in the body positivity movements and skinny is racist folks with a strong does of reality.

Being fat gets you dead more than wearing your mask or not.

Nine out of 10 deaths from coronavirus have occurred in countries with high obesity levels, according to World Health Organization-backed research that sets out the stark correlation between excessive weight and lives lost to the disease.

The study from the World Obesity Federation (WOF), which represents scientists, medical professionals and researchers from more than 50 regional and national obesity associations, showed mortality rates were 10 times higher where at least 50 per cent of the population was overweight.

Of course, it's ironic that one of the first thing most governments did was shut down all forms of exercise, sometimes even outdoor recreation.

I wonder how many people gained weight being shut up indoors exacerbating the overweight problem? And now, of course, there will be a push for government to "solve" a problem that it helped make worse.

edit on 4-3-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You can shut down places of excercise, and promote places for takeout. Its a damn choice, and as you see a lot of them were the bad choices. Everything is mental though, just got to get through life regardless of the distractions.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes a gym membership will become a RIGHT! and will need to be paid for by the government with some of that printed money.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Citiots gonna citiot

Can't fix stupid and you can't fix obesity in a broken society.

You'd have better luck glorifying the flu and shutting down entire nations over it.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Pleomorphic Gut Bacteria are the root cause of nearly all weight issues....covid-cold is the viral size version of this bacteria.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Outside of hormonal issues...a reply to: one4all

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I said it in another post. Americans are generally fatter then the rest of the world. Fat people have respiratory problems. America has an aging population, anyone remember that whole baby boomer thing that was drilled into you your whole life about a bunch of baby boomers hitting retirement age all at once taxing the medical and care home systems?well that was due to happen now. Retirement age is also close to the median death age in America. So given all of this one would expect a lot of fat old people to die in the coming years from well what ever gets to them first in this case covid. America or any country for that matter with a large old population was due to suffer casualties.

Fat people are unhealthy and water is wet.

edit on 4-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Mortality rate of people that are frail is way higher than any group. So I would rather be overweight than frail.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Is no only covid is also any other diseases and illnesses become deadly to people with "under lying health problems" here in the south Obesity is a big problem, you go to the doctors offices and some nurses are soo over weight that they use a littler mobile unit in order to move around to chart patients.

Is just out of control.

Is a big problem with prescribed medications, many of them are suppressing the immune system in order to treat conditions, soo when other wise healthy people are put on this immune system suppressors any disease become deadly.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It was a shock when our local Chicago comedian Erica Watson died of Covid-19 just 10 days after contracting the virus.

She was just 48: www.bet.com...

But as you can see from the photo, Erica was morbidly obese.

Ironically, she relocated from Chicago to Jamaica in the Fall of 2020 to get away from Covid-19.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   

When I was at my doctor's last fall for my annual, he commented I was the first patient he had seen who has lost weight.
[I am doing intermittent fasting as a way of eating these days.]

I'd say many to most gained. Almost every waitress we talked to since the first lockdown said they gained weight. No surprise as they walk miles a day and lift sometimes heavy plates.
So, I'd say unless you have a sedentary job, you likely gained some.

ETA
Needless to say, not surprised being obese would cause serious health issues/death with the Covid.
edit on Thu Mar 4 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
I said it in another post. Americans are generally fatter then the rest of the world. Fat people have respiratory problems. America has an aging population, anyone remember that whole baby boomer thing that was drilled into you your whole life about a bunch of baby boomers hitting retirement age all at once taxing the medical and care home systems?well that was due to happen now. Retirement age is also close to the median death age in America. So given all of this one would expect a lot of fat old people to die in the coming years from well what ever gets to them first in this case covid. America or any country for that matter with a large old population was due to suffer casualties.

Fat people are unhealthy and water is wet.

Here in Okinawa, having one of the worlds oldest in age, the vast majority that have actually died of the corona virus speaks for itself. This virus whether or not your are fat , it does mostly attack the elderly. The water is Okinawa is somewhat different. Many people use some kind of purifier to clean the water, not sure why.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Well the side effect of lockdown, depression, substances abuse, Alcohol, your name it, I gain about 10 pounds, down now 6 pounds, I just started to cook and cook and eat, but Is a difference I cook clean and healthy, but I started cooking too much.
My husband wants 3 meals a day with snacks included, working from home for the last year and soo far it seems the federal government is not going to change that.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Is no only covid is also any other diseases and illnesses become deadly to people with "under lying health problems" here in the south Obesity is a big problem, you go to the doctors offices and some nurses are soo over weight that they use a littler mobile unit in order to move around to chart patients.

Is just out of control.

Is a big problem with prescribed medications, many of them are suppressing the immune system in order to treat conditions, soo when other wise healthy people are put on these immune system suppressors any disease become deadly.

Can guarantee collectively our weight has likely gone up. from the isolation, stress, etc. the past year.

So many factors going on and every person's body is different, yes I believe any person over 50lbs over their ideal weight is asking trouble but I also believe people need to cut out the sugar, caffeine, nicotine almost as much as the fat. I've lost almost 70 lbs pure diet lots of water and negligible exercise. Still got a long way to go but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. But I feel so much better, and it's not just from the weight loss. I used to crave fast food drink 3 sodas a day at least, fried food, bread desserts, smoke and or dip, drink beer, now the sweets taste way too sweet to where they are unpleasant. The last fast food I had was gross, I still drink occasionally but mostly just a shot or 3 and nothing more.

I had gained so much these last 5 years I was like # I'll never be able to lose that weight. Now my only real vice is beef jerky or biltong but even that I get low sodium or no sodium another thing I've worked hard to cut back on and it makes a difference. The point being is while most of my life I was in relatively good shape, I do see how it can cascade on a person and once you get there it's so hard to reverse that momentum and head in the other direction. Especially with other # popping up. Stress some people drink too much, some people abuse drugs and other vices and some people eat.
edit on 4-3-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Of 488,776 official U.S. Covid-19 deaths thus far, 18,634 had "Obesity" listed on the death certificate as a "comorbidity"..as a contributing factor.

Source: www.cdc.gov...

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Tell me more please. Im not obese by any means and really have minimal health issues other than inflammation from accident induced arthritis. But since menopause and quitting smoking four years ago, the weight has crept on and a good diet, 18/6 eating, and exercise don’t seem to help.

a reply to: one4all

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Weaken the mind then the body, easier to control the sheep.

They know what they are doing

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Overweight makes you frail

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

We eat too much. I'm English and I love a full English breakfast, but it's a treat that might see months between consumption. I've never grafted my arse off like the people post wwII or post industrial Britain.

It stands to reason that 4000 calories a day aren't good when I'm burning around 2000.

It's like saying I wonder why women put on weight after pregnancy... Diet and still eating for two? We're not that adaptable, generally anyways.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   
For the first time in human history we have access to clean fruit and vegetables.

And what do people eat?

Cheezits πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I will never understand my fellow humans

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join